Switching it up

SlavicStrong

Awards
I was recommended that I do a full on push day, which would include chest, shoulders, triceps. Currently I do chest on its own day, formerly done with triceps, but changing it up for the heck of it. I have been doing chest on its own for a few weeks, and pretty much getting stronger each workout. I need help creating my workout to ensure I adequately hit chest and shoulders, with light tricep work at the end. Or maybe I shouldn’t do this type of workout? Thoughts? Newest PR includes 245 for 3 on bench, as opposed to just 2 my last workout.

Current Chest Routine

Flat Bench
Incline
Dumbbell Bench, either flat or incline, with various form, such as single arm.
Chest Press Machine, various grips
Cable Flys, sometimes seated, on knees
Pushups

I usually do one heavier day, and a lighter day, switching back and forth, and change up my grips and form on exercises, I usually don’t do repetitive motions set after set. Takes about an hour, and my chest and triceps feel the usual soreness the day after.

Ase_james

Awards
All.depends on how it works for you i suppose.
I like to include arms and shoulders on chest day and bi's and forearms on back day.
I know it pulls blood from your main muscle group, but i have less pain in my arms and shoulders doing it this way.

If doing chest on monday and back on Wednesday, you still need to do shoulders and arms, which meand you have 3 days you are putting stress on them.