Do you get annoyed by young kids at your gym?

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I workout extremely early due to the gym being quiet. Young kids are incapable of getting up at 4:30 am since thats when most are getting home from the club or some house party, especially on weekends.

But there are times where I go to the gym in the evening, even though its rare. I must say the kids that go at this time have to be the most annoying little ****$ I have ever been around. They do more talking and selfie taking than working out. The women are some of the worst and the little boys that go are just plain worthless and weak with no etiquette whatsoever.

Your thoughts?

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Perhaps.... you should teach them to squat heavy so they aren’t so weak.

Dgordan

Dgordan

Awards
The gentlemen who make hemorrhoid popping shrieks and slam the weights, or who spend 20+ minutes dominating three different pieces of equipment at the same time tend to annoy me more. Yeah, the young kid flashing his abs in the mirror every two minutes can be annoying, as well as the selfie folks, but in comparison I'd much prefer them.

Dgordan

Dgordan

Awards
Oh, the folks who come to the gym and workout in jeans and polo shirts should get an honorable mention!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Kids in the gym annoy me. Its the aweful sound they make when I drop a 100lbs DB on them -or when they put their hands between the cable weights.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can we just make one thread called "things NPC wants to bitćh about" where you can always just post about whatever is bothering you that day instead of you making a different thread every time?

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Can we just make one thread called "things NPC wants to bitćh about" where you can always just post about whatever is bothering you that day instead of you making a different thread every time?
Lofl!

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The best idea I have heard.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This^^^^^^^ Best idea ever. Think of the time it will save all of us

mrhankey87

mrhankey87

Awards
  • Established
I lived in the US during Summer 2017 (I’m italian) and I was almost horrified at how much less respect for each other people have in the gym. No wonder the serious ones all wear headphones.

Apart from selfies (ugh) the thing that baffled me the most was people blasting music from their phone speakers!

At one point I was hearing three different tunes: one from the gym radio, one from a guy behind me and one from a girl by my side. WTF?

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Recently (because of the Holiday Break) there have been some 20 somethings there. They ONLY do arms and shoulders, flex every set, and never do legs

I was like "I WISH THEY WOULD GO AWAY" I am this grumpy old lifter, get out of my way I need to do things.

New year, SAME ME lol

croninson1

Awards
Nah, it is those people who take those selfies at gym and do nothing but that that piss me off.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
people who sit on machines using their phone
hate em
I notice that this is very rare at gyms that are not corporate. Xport Fitness and Lifetime, along with Planet Fitness are notorious for this crowd!!!

Hardcore gyms they do not put up with that ****. You will get your ass kicked or atleast called out if you behave that way. Hence why those types of people stick to the corporate gyms where they play the same music videos over and over on multiple tv screens.

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This I hope is a learning for everyone. There would be a millions things and reasons in life to get annoyed about. Your maturity is not giving a Fuk and doing your thing. Makes your life simple and mind clean. Cheers!

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I notice that this is very rare at gyms that are not corporate. Xport Fitness and Lifetime, along with Planet Fitness are notorious for this crowd!!!

Hardcore gyms they do not put up with that ****. You will get your ass kicked or atleast called out if you behave that way. Hence why those types of people stick to the corporate gyms where they play the same music videos over and over on multiple tv screens.
All the students return this Sunday for the new semester at planet fitness, I am screwed.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I promise if anyone here ever goes to Boca Raton florida stop by the la fitness in east boca at 5 pm. I promise you will never complain about your gym ever again.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I promise if anyone here ever goes to Boca Raton florida stop by the la fitness in east boca at 5 pm. I promise you will never complain about your gym ever again.
Used to live in Jupiter back in 99-2000 off A1A a block from the ocean. I love the area down there. I'll take your advice!

jameschoi

jameschoi

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is every gym in America at 5pm.

sarge40

Awards
I lived in the US during Summer 2017 (I’m italian) and I was almost horrified at how much less respect for each other people have in the gym. No wonder the serious ones all wear headphones.

Apart from selfies (ugh) the thing that baffled me the most was people blasting music from their phone speakers!

At one point I was hearing three different tunes: one from the gym radio, one from a guy behind me and one from a girl by my side. WTF?
It is amazing how true this is! I usually have my earbuds in and tune everyone and everything around me out. There have been a few times when I forgot my earbuds, and it was a completely different experience. I'm convinced that by working out unable to hear whats going on around me, I saved myself countless hours of wasted time listening to conversations that caused others to lose time from their lives that they will never get back.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just throw on headphones and ignore everything. As long as they're not in my way, we're good.

CompeteNPC

CompeteNPC

Banned
Awards
I just throw on headphones and ignore everything. As long as they're not in my way, we're good.
What is up with corporate gyms playing top 40 videos on multiple tv's? Can't they tell that all the members wear earphones for a reason?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What is up with corporate gyms playing top 40 videos on multiple tv's? Can't they tell that all the members wear earphones for a reason?
They need to justify the insane prices they charge.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Had to lift at an LA Fitness the other night...A scumbag/thug type, must be that gyms resident juicehead, doing his ‘fluff and pump’ ...Had his own mini speaker playin loud annoying music and he was rapping along with it....With no consideration to anyone else’s workout...

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I workout extremely early due to the gym being quiet. Young kids are incapable of getting up at 4:30 am since thats when most are getting home from the club or some house party, especially on weekends.

But there are times where I go to the gym in the evening, even though its rare. I must say the kids that go at this time have to be the most annoying little ****$ I have ever been around. They do more talking and selfie taking than working out. The women are some of the worst and the little boys that go are just plain worthless and weak with no etiquette whatsoever.

Your thoughts?
Instead of bitching about these kids and weak people have u ever thought about helping them learn to be better at lifting?

Old School

Old School

Awards
Things have really changed in the gym since I started back in the late 70s early 80s. Let’s just say I really miss the good old days When people worked out in the gym for a purpose other than selfies and social life