Do you get annoyed by young kids at your gym?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Do you get annoyed by young kids at your gym?


    I workout extremely early due to the gym being quiet. Young kids are incapable of getting up at 4:30 am since thats when most are getting home from the club or some house party, especially on weekends.

    But there are times where I go to the gym in the evening, even though its rare. I must say the kids that go at this time have to be the most annoying little ****$ I have ever been around. They do more talking and selfie taking than working out. The women are some of the worst and the little boys that go are just plain worthless and weak with no etiquette whatsoever.

    Your thoughts?


  2. Perhaps.... you should teach them to squat heavy so they aren’t so weak.
    IG: Skraw85
    •   
       

  3. Do you get annoyed by young kids at your gym?


    The gentlemen who make hemorrhoid popping shrieks and slam the weights, or who spend 20+ minutes dominating three different pieces of equipment at the same time tend to annoy me more. Yeah, the young kid flashing his abs in the mirror every two minutes can be annoying, as well as the selfie folks, but in comparison I'd much prefer them.

  4. Oh, the folks who come to the gym and workout in jeans and polo shirts should get an honorable mention!

  5. Kids in the gym annoy me. Its the aweful sound they make when I drop a 100lbs DB on them -or when they put their hands between the cable weights.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.
    •   
       


  6. Can we just make one thread called "things NPC wants to bitćh about" where you can always just post about whatever is bothering you that day instead of you making a different thread every time?
    Training log:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Can we just make one thread called "things NPC wants to bitćh about" where you can always just post about whatever is bothering you that day instead of you making a different thread every time?
    Lofl!

  8. Not just kids..everybody.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Can we just make one thread called "things NPC wants to bitćh about" where you can always just post about whatever is bothering you that day instead of you making a different thread every time?
    The best idea I have heard.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Can we just make one thread called "things NPC wants to bitćh about" where you can always just post about whatever is bothering you that day instead of you making a different thread every time?
    This^^^^^^^ Best idea ever. Think of the time it will save all of us
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

  11. I lived in the US during Summer 2017 (I’m italian) and I was almost horrified at how much less respect for each other people have in the gym. No wonder the serious ones all wear headphones.

    Apart from selfies (ugh) the thing that baffled me the most was people blasting music from their phone speakers!

    At one point I was hearing three different tunes: one from the gym radio, one from a guy behind me and one from a girl by my side. WTF?

  12. Recently (because of the Holiday Break) there have been some 20 somethings there. They ONLY do arms and shoulders, flex every set, and never do legs

    I was like "I WISH THEY WOULD GO AWAY" I am this grumpy old lifter, get out of my way I need to do things.

    New year, SAME ME lol
    Whatcha Gonna Do....When Manimal-Mania RUNS WILD...ON YOUUUU?

  13. Nah, it is those people who take those selfies at gym and do nothing but that that piss me off.

  14. people who sit on machines using their phone
    hate em

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bosskardo View Post
    people who sit on machines using their phone
    hate em
    I notice that this is very rare at gyms that are not corporate. Xport Fitness and Lifetime, along with Planet Fitness are notorious for this crowd!!!

    Hardcore gyms they do not put up with that ****. You will get your ass kicked or atleast called out if you behave that way. Hence why those types of people stick to the corporate gyms where they play the same music videos over and over on multiple tv screens.

  16. This I hope is a learning for everyone. There would be a millions things and reasons in life to get annoyed about. Your maturity is not giving a Fuk and doing your thing. Makes your life simple and mind clean. Cheers!

  17. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    I notice that this is very rare at gyms that are not corporate. Xport Fitness and Lifetime, along with Planet Fitness are notorious for this crowd!!!

    Hardcore gyms they do not put up with that ****. You will get your ass kicked or atleast called out if you behave that way. Hence why those types of people stick to the corporate gyms where they play the same music videos over and over on multiple tv screens.
    All the students return this Sunday for the new semester at planet fitness, I am screwed.

  18. I promise if anyone here ever goes to Boca Raton florida stop by the la fitness in east boca at 5 pm. I promise you will never complain about your gym ever again.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    I promise if anyone here ever goes to Boca Raton florida stop by the la fitness in east boca at 5 pm. I promise you will never complain about your gym ever again.
    Used to live in Jupiter back in 99-2000 off A1A a block from the ocean. I love the area down there. I'll take your advice!

  20. Quote Originally Posted by BlockBuilder View Post
    I promise if anyone here ever goes to Boca Raton florida stop by the la fitness in east boca at 5 pm. I promise you will never complain about your gym ever again.
    That is every gym in America at 5pm.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey87 View Post
    I lived in the US during Summer 2017 (I’m italian) and I was almost horrified at how much less respect for each other people have in the gym. No wonder the serious ones all wear headphones.

    Apart from selfies (ugh) the thing that baffled me the most was people blasting music from their phone speakers!

    At one point I was hearing three different tunes: one from the gym radio, one from a guy behind me and one from a girl by my side. WTF?
    It is amazing how true this is! I usually have my earbuds in and tune everyone and everything around me out. There have been a few times when I forgot my earbuds, and it was a completely different experience. I'm convinced that by working out unable to hear whats going on around me, I saved myself countless hours of wasted time listening to conversations that caused others to lose time from their lives that they will never get back.

  22. I just throw on headphones and ignore everything. As long as they're not in my way, we're good.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    I just throw on headphones and ignore everything. As long as they're not in my way, we're good.
    What is up with corporate gyms playing top 40 videos on multiple tv's? Can't they tell that all the members wear earphones for a reason?

  24. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    What is up with corporate gyms playing top 40 videos on multiple tv's? Can't they tell that all the members wear earphones for a reason?
    They need to justify the insane prices they charge.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  25. Had to lift at an LA Fitness the other night...A scumbag/thug type, must be that gyms resident juicehead, doing his ‘fluff and pump’ ...Had his own mini speaker playin loud annoying music and he was rapping along with it....With no consideration to anyone else’s workout...
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Do YOU like to be hit on at the gym?
    By Kronic in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-25-2010, 04:24 PM
  2. What do you get at Starbucks?
    By Hurleyboy05 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 175
    Last Post: 01-04-2008, 08:00 PM
  3. Where do you get your egg whites?
    By Rock Lee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-13-2004, 02:30 AM
  4. Where do you get your maltodextrin?
    By Rock Lee in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2004, 07:22 PM
  5. Why do you get so damn hungry on CKD?
    By windwords7 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Log in
Log in