Overtraining? feeder workouts?

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
What are your thoughts on "feeder workouts"? If you don't know what it is just type it into google and it comes right up. It's a term coined by Rich Piana

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
What are your thoughts on "feeder workouts"? If you don't know what it is just type it into google and it comes right up. It's a term coined by Rich Piana
"Overtraining"
The best advice I can give is listen to your body. Good pain and bad pain. It's when you start to breakdown more than your building up. Your body turns into a "catabolic" state.

Some guys train 7 days a week, some only need 5.

Feeder workouts... IMO light weights with a lot of reps in between workouts to pump blood and nutrients into your muscles.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Like anything else try doing feeder workouts for a few weeks. If you feel or notice improvements then keep them in. If you feel you are over training, losing progress or not getting enough rest then take them out. My opinion is they can be great when on a cut to keep your calorie burning at a high level. I would much rather do these than cardio but at the end of the day if everyone says they are great but you feel they hinder your progress then drop them.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Like anything else try doing feeder workouts for a few weeks. If you feel or notice improvements then keep them in. If you feel you are over training, losing progress or not getting enough rest then take them out. My opinion is they can be great when on a cut to keep your calorie burning at a high level. I would much rather do these than cardio but at the end of the day if everyone says they are great but you feel they hinder your progress then drop them.
You can do them while bulking to

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
I've never felt that I truly overtrained myself but I don't wanna say that it's completely a myth. Like you said everyone reacts differently. I like the idea of a feeder workout the day after you hit the muscle, but everyday seems a little much although it's short and isn't really tearing the muscle down. I might give it a shot a few days a week just to see what happens. I shouldn't have any problem recovering especially while on cycle. Guess we will see lol.

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
You can do them while bulking to
Yeah, if they produce results then I'd think they'd be really good bulking from the extra cals. As long as you're interested in gains from a bodybuilding standpoint

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, if they produce results then I'd think they'd be really good bulking from the extra cals. As long as you're interested in gains from a bodybuilding standpoint
You were right in the beginning... If it works for you then do it.

Every body is different.

You cannot follow someone else's routine.

Find out what works for you.

This is all regarding pureburl statement, which I most definitely agree.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If your enhanced and getting enough cals then go for it. If your natural then I would look at your workout protocol. If you are already working out 5 days a week, using supersets or giant sets taking short rest periods and trying to gain size I would think twice about adding feeders into the mix... And possibly change your routine as a whole but that's another discussion.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Doing some cell swelling, 1 set of 100+ can actually speed up the recovery process from all the blood and nutrients getting forced into the muscle

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I've never felt that I truly overtrained myself but I don't wanna say that it's completely a myth. Like you said everyone reacts differently. I like the idea of a feeder workout the day after you hit the muscle, but everyday seems a little much although it's short and isn't really tearing the muscle down. I might give it a shot a few days a week just to see what happens. I shouldn't have any problem recovering especially while on cycle. Guess we will see lol.
Friend of mine has a really good saying on this....

‘You can’t overtrain, only under recover’

pureburl

Awards
  • Established

I agree with that, they kinda go hand in hand though. Under recovering is what over training is. It's just that everyone has different limits of " overtraining ". It just gets a bit confusing when you try to go into the realm of overreaching. where does overtraining really begin and how much of it is a myth? I guess it depends on who you ask

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I tried feeders but I didn't have time for them. I work 2 jobs plus gym 6 days a week.

Its easy for Rich to do them because he didn't have to get up and go to work and could train whenever he felt like it.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

You can most definitely overtrain. I don't like that saying because its rhetorical...

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I tried feeders but I didn't have time for them. I work 2 jobs plus gym 6 days a week.

Its easy for Rich to do them because he didn't have to get up and go to work and could train whenever he felt like it.
Y'all know he's dead right???

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established

You can do feeders on a lunch break. Go out to your car where you put your dumbbells... Find the time. When I was in the barracks I did curls with my rucksack... Pick up a chair, do a hundred reps.

If you want it, you'll get it.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
What's that got to do with anything
Just paying my respect. Dude was honest and all he did was try to help and spread knowledge. Was a good guy.

Bodydismorphic disorder. Great guy.

Loved his personality and entgusiaism.

Wasn't a bitch like zyzz lol

RANS0M

RANS0M

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
People actually within the bb community have their own opinions about Rich, but I can only base it on social media and YouTube, I respect the F out of Rich, honest with his fans and wanted to help.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Like I said in the first place. Instead of asking people if it works or not try it for a few weeks and if you feel better and look better keep them in.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And rich piana was the man. Even if it was the revelation of adding protein powder to Greek yoghurt for a snack that he did on one of his old mutant vids.

Wobmarvel

Wobmarvel

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not the thread for this but HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM SCOTLAND!!!!

pureburl

Awards
  • Established
I like Rich lol I don't agree with him on everything but that's just opinions. The concept of it makes sense is the bottom line whether it works for everyone or not. Isymfs

Jm88888

Jm88888

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO
I notice overtraining more in the central nervous system. Completely run down, sleeping at all hours, lack of a good pump, etc... I Don’t see pump sets at 25% - 40% of 1RM or so inducing that type of state.