Steady-state-weightlifting?

1. Steady-state-weightlifting?

Was Wondering everyones thoughts on using alternating excercises with no rest as a source of cardio. I have recently tried alternative sets of squats with core excercises with no rest for 20minutes in the morning and feel as if it is very effective at not only reducing full body soreness for the rest of the day, but also getting a good intense sweat in while keeping the heart rate constantly elevated. What are others thoughts on this and do you think this could be a good alternative to doing normal typical steady state cardio?

2. In my opinion I think itís great. Iíll do my cardio before I lift. For example today I hit legs so I suppersetted box jumps with squats. Iíll do 8 box jumps after each set
    •   

3. Circuit training would work better

4. essentially what you are doing is hiit...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

5. But it's 20minutes straight with no rest period and essentially not every set is going to failure or close to it, so wouldn't that make it a separate entity entirely?
    •   

6. What you mention depending on the loads used is low/medium intensity volume training. I love this training to kill two birds with one stone. A combination of increased muscle mass and improved cardiovacular fitness. Serge Nubret was an advocate for this style of training with no rest periods. Dialing back the loads a notch would certainly be great for daily cardio without burning out.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Superload View Post
    But it's 20minutes straight with no rest period and essentially not every set is going to failure or close to it, so wouldn't that make it a separate entity entirely?
    Not really. Its still basically the same thing, bouts of intense/demanding exercise. Thatís all hiit is. When you switch exercises and do things like body weight stuff thatís way less intense than weights
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by Superload View Post
    Was Wondering everyones thoughts on using alternating excercises with no rest as a source of cardio. I have recently tried alternative sets of squats with core excercises with no rest for 20minutes in the morning and feel as if it is very effective at not only reducing full body soreness for the rest of the day, but also getting a good intense sweat in while keeping the heart rate constantly elevated. What are others thoughts on this and do you think this could be a good alternative to doing normal typical steady state cardio?
    Its a wise idea, especially if your wanting to keep weights lighter, back off intensity a bit, and get the breathing up. Its a nice challenge and changes things up. something new to challenge yourself with injury prevention in mind, while still getting the benefits of exercise
    www.millenniumsport.net AMJUNE50 50 % off

https://www.facebook.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 08:34 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 02:24 PM
  3. Interval Cardio & Steady State Cardio
    By baz350 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 07:58 PM