Changing it up

Onedrew2

Onedrew2

Awards
I'm going to be changing up my weight training routine because I feel I have hit a plateau. Can anyone recommend any good weight training apps that they use. Preferably one that's not too expensive. And when I say apps I'm just looking for one that can give me some ideas for different workouts. I'm not necessarily looking to log my workouts on to this app.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It sounds like you want a program rather than an app bro.

What are your goals? How frequently can you train? What programs have you responded too well in the past?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like Whisky said, just look for a new program. And, what are you currently running? There's a lot of choices out there. Just gotta pick the one that suits your goals

Onedrew2

Onedrew2

Awards
It sounds like you want a program rather than an app bro.

What are your goals? How frequently can you train? What programs have you responded too well in the past?
I'm not really following a program, what I do is I have a list of exercise at the gym. You know of any good program for someone who's not new lifting but not super advanced either?

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not really following a program, what I do is I have a list of exercise at the gym. You know of any good program for someone who's not new lifting but not super advanced either?
You might want to look into PHAT (Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training). I am on it since 2 weeks and plan on continuing for a while. I have been doing bro splits till now. But, PHAT is fun at the same time gruelling as well. Check it out.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You might want to look into PHAT (Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training). I am on it since 2 weeks and plan on continuing for a while. I have been doing bro splits till now. But, PHAT is fun at the same time gruelling as well. Check it out.
PHAT would also be my shout. It’s great for both size and strength, has plenty of variety and isn’t especially complicated.

Onedrew2

Onedrew2

Awards
Yea I just looked this up, this is perfect for me, thanks!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know most people prefer apps, but I prefer pen and paper. Keep it the same exercise for a few weeks and log it. Then change it up. You can easily go back and look at what you did last time and try to increase it by 5 pounds or same weight but more reps.

One thing I need to mention is if you are stuck in a plateau, examine your diet first before training. Try increasing calories and/or protein intake.

Onedrew2

Onedrew2

Awards
I know most people prefer apps, but I prefer pen and paper. Keep it the same exercise for a few weeks and log it. Then change it up. You can easily go back and look at what you did last time and try to increase it by 5 pounds or same weight but more reps.

One thing I need to mention is if you are stuck in a plateau, examine your diet first before training. Try increasing calories and/or protein intake.
I appreciate the feedback. I did think about my diet and I think you're right I will try to increase my protein intake. I was thinking on whether or not to do it, I think I'm going to. I appreciate it man.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I appreciate the feedback. I did think about my diet and I think you're right I will try to increase my protein intake. I was thinking on whether or not to do it, I think I'm going to. I appreciate it man.
No problem! If you ever need any additional help feel free to reach out.