Torn Achilles

shilashhp

Awards
Any help regarding repair of torn Achilles after surgery. Nutrition, training techniques, stretches. Other leg has Achilles tendinitis and I don’t want to rupture that one. 46 years old, hoping to get on basketball court again. Also how to bring calf size back to comparable.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Once it heals just start light and lift. I broke my heal and ****ed up my Achilles a few years ago and stopped training legs for a year. Bad decision. There still not back to normal and I can't completely flex my left calve to this day

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're ok with pinning, take a look at bpc 157.

I had a partial tear of my Achilles and tendonosis in the other. Flexatril has made a world of difference for me. But again, not a complete tear.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And ditto what Smont said. Don't jack it up, but start using it as quickly as you can. Just keep it light and easy as you start.

shilashhp

Awards
If you're ok with pinning, take a look at bpc 157.

I had a partial tear of my Achilles and tendonosis in the other. Flexatril has made a world of difference for me. But again, not a complete tear.
Any side effects ?

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any side effects ?
Of BPC 157? Never used it. There have been several on here that have though. I know that it is relatively fragile once it's mixed with bac water.
hairygrandpa might be able to fill you in.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In his case I would opt for TB-500 instead of BPC. As BPC has to be injected as near as possible to the injury, he would risk further injury by puncturing the tendon. TB-500 is systemic, can be pinned sub-q like insulin.
If OP already uses gear, a low dose test with a moderate dose of nandrolone would spike collagen synthesis by up to 300%. Together with beef collagen powder, true gelatin and TB-500 would be optimal.

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I second TB 500 if you decide to go that route. My research subject recovered from a torn labrum and was lifting lightly again in 4 months and full strength around 6 months.
hairygrandpa have you heard this? I read that TB 500 can awaken cancer cells otherwise My subjust would have already tried it again.

The bad thing about research peptides is that there are no long term studies for side effects

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And there you go shilashhp. That's the difference between AnabolicMinds and other sites. Plenty of people who are extremely knowledgeable, and more than happy to share their knowledge with others.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I second TB 500 if you decide to go that route. My research subject recovered from a torn labrum and was lifting lightly again in 4 months and full strength around 6 months.
hairygrandpa have you heard this? I read that TB 500 can awaken cancer cells otherwise My subjust would have already tried it again.

The bad thing about research peptides is that there are no long term studies for side effects
The scientists are still unsure about the cancer issue. As I understood, thymosin beta-4 (TB-500) is present in higher concentration around cancer cells. This can either mean:
1.it is a cancerous agent, something cancer needs to grow
2.the body is directing it to cancer cells in the attempt to slow cancer growth and "repair tissue"

In wiki, the cancer issue isn't even mentioned:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thymosin_beta-4

shilashhp

Awards
And there you go shilashhp. That's the difference between AnabolicMinds and other sites. Plenty of people who are extremely knowledgeable, and more than happy to share their knowledge with others.
Thanks again for the advise.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you'd rather not go the injection route (and I get it. My wife would flip the fck out if she caught me "shooting up" anything) I'd suggest you give Flextril a shot. Sure works wonders for me.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The dosing of TB-500, after reading dozens of logs with different approaches would be (I would do it like that):

1mg per day in one dose for at least 10 days, after that 0.5mg eod for at least a month. As you can see, dosages are pretty high -but very effective. A difference can be felt after only 10 days.
No side effects at all (never heard of anyone having issues).

kjscatch

kjscatch

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could try fish oil, circumin or Bromelain for anti inflammatory purposes. Lots of different directions to go.