Rep Speed

1. Rep Speed

I prefer using slower reps like 3 seconds up and 3 seconds down I feel I can control the weight better and avoid injury. Plus I read that fast reps just produce pumps and doesnt work the muscle as effective. Anyone got some knowledge for me.

2. I know bob prefers TUT with is a type of training involving slow reps.

3. I can attest that going slower definetly reduces your chances of injury. I used to have frequent shoulder problems on flat bench but once I began doing slow up/down tempos I haven't had a single problem.
    •   

4. I do 10 seconds up and down.

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

5. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    I do 10 seconds up and down.

CROWLER
    i could never do that. lol.

6. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    I do 10 seconds up and down.

CROWLER
    Similar to my leg workout, I see... I do 25 seconds down, 20 seconds up for 5 sets of 20 using 500 lbs. on squat...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Magickk
    Similar to my leg workout, I see... I do 25 seconds down, 20 seconds up for 5 sets of 20 using 500 lbs. on squat...
    Is that even possible, is it hard to count when your straning and you would have to take a few breathes inbetween. Educate me?

8. Quote Originally Posted by b_delgros
    Is that even possible, is it hard to count when your straning and you would have to take a few breathes inbetween. Educate me?
    ummm...I think he was joking. Either that or he has tree trunks for legs and then some.

9. Quote Originally Posted by b_delgros
    he was joking.....that would be like 15 minutes PER set!! so just a squat workout would be frickin an hour and 15 minutes not including breaks in between sets. lol.

10. Yeah, my workout takes about 8 hours a day...

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate
    he was joking.....that would be like 15 minutes PER set!! so just a squat workout would be frickin an hour and 15 minutes not including breaks in between sets. lol.

11. Quote Originally Posted by b_delgros
    Dude you could inject me with a gram of test prop ED for a week and I wouldn't be able to squat 500 lbs. for one rep IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM It was just fine sarcasm and goofiness man...

12. We in the bodybuilding world don't take or understand sarcasm. It's not welcomed here... now let me get back to my 8 hour workout...

13. Yeah, see, I'm on a wireless laptop that I hold and check the forums while i'm squatting. It's really efficient that way and I get an extra pump while holding the laptop and doing each rep.

14. You get a good TUT forearm work that way, too, I'll bet!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Rep speed study, anyone have full text?
    By ItsHectic in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
  2. Using Rep Speed for Weight Increases
    By iron addict in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 08:25 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-02-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. Three Sets of three reps
    By deaconbill in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9