Im 4 weeks in nothing has changed help (endomorph)

akhimoe

Awards
Hi guys I’m 4 weeks into a diet program and training

This is my stats

5”6inch

Age 28

Male

Weight 204lbs

My BMR 1840

Body type Endomorph

My TDEE

Protein Grams :167
Fat Grams : 78
Carbs Grams : 166
Fiber Grams : 31-41

2031 calories

My goal is to loose weight and get lean

I’m training 4x a week moderately intense I break a hell of a sweat each time

My cardio is getting better doing HIIT 10-12min

I don’t understand some people saying I need to up my calories and some say need to stay on a calorie deficit can someone clear this

My abdominal measurements haven’t changed it’s getting frustrating
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

My strength has definitely increased without a doubt from 20kg squats to 90kg in 4 weeks

Leg press from 40kg to 140kg

Brief outline of my diet

Breakfast

Impact diet whey 1 serving (myprotein)

2 rice cakes low fat with peanut butter (whole earth) and 1 banana

Then post workout - green apple

After 30/60min

Chicken breast baked or sometimes chicken curry cooked in coconut oil
And 50-70g of carbs ( Long grain rice easy
cook)

Snack: 0 fat green yogurt peanut butter and honey

Dinner: beef Bolognese with 40g carbs brown pasta.

Snack: some nuts or cottage cheese.

I really don’t know what’s going on
Is it my body type? Endomorph? Do I need to consume less carbs what is it

All replies will be really appreciated.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hi guys I’m 4 weeks into a diet program and training

This is my stats

5”6inch

Age 28

Male

Weight 204lbs

My BMR 1840

Body type Endomorph

My TDEE

Protein Grams :167
Fat Grams : 78
Carbs Grams : 166
Fiber Grams : 31-41

2031 calories

My goal is to loose weight and get lean

I’m training 4x a week moderately intense I break a hell of a sweat each time

My cardio is getting better doing HIIT 10-12min

I don’t understand some people saying I need to up my calories and some say need to stay on a calorie deficit can someone clear this

My abdominal measurements haven’t changed it’s getting frustrating
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong!

My strength has definitely increased without a doubt from 20kg squats to 90kg in 4 weeks

Leg press from 40kg to 140kg

Brief outline of my diet

Breakfast

Impact diet whey 1 serving (myprotein)

2 rice cakes low fat with peanut butter (whole earth) and 1 banana

Then post workout - green apple

After 30/60min

Chicken breast baked or sometimes chicken curry cooked in coconut oil
And 50-70g of carbs ( Long grain rice easy
cook)

Snack: 0 fat green yogurt peanut butter and honey

Dinner: beef Bolognese with 40g carbs brown pasta.

Snack: some nuts or cottage cheese.

I really don’t know what’s going on
Is it my body type? Endomorph? Do I need to consume less carbs what is it

All replies will be really appreciated.
Hey man, sorry to start my response by saying there is no easy answer but that’s the truth - so many factors play a role in achieving body composition but I’ll try to help a bit if I can.

Re your BMR - that looks a touch low - would expect a 200lb male to be 2,200 ish

Personally I think a good starting point is too eat at bmr and let your training create the deficit.

Where people are talking about eating more calories they are probably talking about reverse dieting. Basically your metabolism will increase or decrease in line with calorie intake (there’s a time lag but it gets there) to maintain a constant body weight (overweight people actually normally have faster metabolism than thin people for example). Reverse dieting takes advantage of this by slowly increasing calories (about 150 a day increase each week). Your metabolism increases so you eat more but stay the same weight - then you reduce calories by 500 and create a deficit (but that deficit is at a higher amount than you eat now - you’ll then lose weight for a few months until your metabolism slows again. At that point you can cut Cals again if you have more to lose or slowly increase.

I’m a 200lb male and I lose weight at 2,800 Cals a day for example.

From what you’ve said you’ve only just started training - that means you have a window to take advantage of muscle gains the likes of which you’ll never get again.

My advice would be to focus on adding lean muscle (I.e slowly increase calories), get a good personal trainer and focus on the Big compound lifts with decent form.

You’ll find losing weight much easier with more lean muscle (you’ll burn more calories at rest for example). During this time your unlikely to add much if any fat so you’ll generally look a bit leaner as well.

Good luck man

akhimoe

Awards
Hey man, sorry to start my response by saying there is no easy answer but that’s the truth - so many factors play a role in achieving body composition but I’ll try to help a bit if I can.

Re your BMR - that looks a touch low - would expect a 200lb male to be 2,200 ish

Personally I think a good starting point is too eat at bmr and let your training create the deficit.

Where people are talking about eating more calories they are probably talking about reverse dieting. Basically your metabolism will increase or decrease in line with calorie intake (there’s a time lag but it gets there) to maintain a constant body weight (overweight people actually normally have faster metabolism than thin people for example). Reverse dieting takes advantage of this by slowly increasing calories (about 150 a day increase each week). Your metabolism increases so you eat more but stay the same weight - then you reduce calories by 500 and create a deficit (but that deficit is at a higher amount than you eat now - you’ll then lose weight for a few months until your metabolism slows again. At that point you can cut Cals again if you have more to lose or slowly increase.

I’m a 200lb male and I lose weight at 2,800 Cals a day for example.

From what you’ve said you’ve only just started training - that means you have a window to take advantage of muscle gains the likes of which you’ll never get again.

My advice would be to focus on adding lean muscle (I.e slowly increase calories), get a good personal trainer and focus on the Big compound lifts with decent form.

You’ll find losing weight much easier with more lean muscle (you’ll burn more calories at rest for example). During this time your unlikely to add much if any fat so you’ll generally look a bit leaner as well.

Good luck man

Hey thanks for the reply,

Bmr is based on my day to day activity. Checked iifym

I’m lazy on off days and my work is sitting all day.

I’m doing a program called LDN MUSCLE CUTTING GUIDE it’s pretty intense

I’ve definitely got stronger without a doubt

It’s just my abdominal still looks and feels bloated. It’s getting me demotivated
I don’t see no change in the mirror at all.

I’ve always had a isssue with slow metabolism.

At the gym I’m like a beast sweating like crazy and I’m always focused on compound movements. Squats, deadlifts, bench press and overhead press. Cardio 10-15min hiit

It’s been 2 weeks solid work and 1st 2weeks was getting use to it.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey man, honestly your only a few weeks in.....this stuff takes way more time (if a month of eating right and training hard was all it took then everyone would be jacked).

You need to see this as a lifestyle, not a short term thing. You’ll get your 6 pack but just not in a few months (round the stomach is one of the last places it normally goes from).

I lost 140lbs 4 years ago, imo the main nutrition/lifestyle stuff is:

1 - eat more protein (make sure your getting 1.5g per kilo min

2 - hydration

3 - sleep

4 - no/minimal processed food

The first 3 all speed up your metabolism btw.

Generally it sounds like your doing the right things anyway bro. LDN is decent as well.

You just gotta keep at it man.

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
Its going to take a few good months not weeks to see progress.....just stay ur course and **** will happen....i didnt SQT 550# over night....it took years

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
To mirror the advice you've been given because it's what's most important and that is to remain consistent for the long term. The faster you lose weight the more likely you are to lose muscle and also to regain fat loss. You're on the right path now just stick to it. Do a bunch of research on google as there's a wealth of knowledge in regards to dieting and fatloss (and a bunch of garbage to sort through ofcourse) Stay away from fat loss products. Good old caffeine is about all you need for a boost. Manipulating caloric intake can work when cutting but you can do the same with varied training intensity and keeping your caloric intake at maintenance.

Do your cardio first thing in the morning (before breakfast)
Engage in high intensity activities at this time such as sprints or jump rope. Even just 10 minutes worth is better than walking or jogging for 30 minutes.

Don't overdo it and enjoy the journey.
This is very important and I find is why so many give up with their endeavours. It's important to challenge yourself and taking baby steps towards improvement can pay off in the long run. You know what I'm talking about, the people who say they're going to master a new language, learn to play an instrument, turn into the hulk or next hotshot hollywood actor etc and then obsess about it for 2 months practicing/training every day 8+ hours straight only to get sick of it and quit. Patience is key.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can make assumptions - but there isn't really even enough detail in your original post for us to be really sure what is going on without doing a bunch of work ourselves.

I have two pieces of homework for you to start with:

1. Lay out your workout routine for us - how do you split your workouts, what exercises do you do each workout, how much weight do you use, how many reps?

2. Take that diet you laid out, and lay it out for us so that we can see what each food provides for cals/protein/fat/carbs/fiber/sugar, what each meal provides for these same macros, and what the totals for the day are.

I know this is going to take time and work, but it's the bare minimum you will need to put in to create a viable plan. If you can do that, we can help.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
With higher percentages of bodyfat, you have less chances of losing muscle when dieting hard (from experience). I would not cut your food at all. I would absolutely raise your protein up. 1.5 - 1.75grams per lb of lbm. Next thing is NO SUGAR. All carbs are not equal, all fats are not equal, all proteins are not equal. Last piece is training intensity. The harder you train the more your metabolism will rev up. Do more compound movements and reduce rest times. Add in some HIIT cardio after your lifting sessions.

akhimoe

Awards
I can make assumptions - but there isn't really even enough detail in your original post for us to be really sure what is going on without doing a bunch of work ourselves.

I have two pieces of homework for you to start with:

1. Lay out your workout routine for us - how do you split your workouts, what exercises do you do each workout, how much weight do you use, how many reps?

2. Take that diet you laid out, and lay it out for us so that we can see what each food provides for cals/protein/fat/carbs/fiber/sugar, what each meal provides for these same macros, and what the totals for the day are.

I know this is going to take time and work, but it's the bare minimum you will need to put in to create a viable plan. If you can do that, we can help.
I’ll get on that ASAP, thanks for the information very helpful

akhimoe

Awards
With higher percentages of bodyfat, you have less chances of losing muscle when dieting hard (from experience). I would not cut your food at all. I would absolutely raise your protein up. 1.5 - 1.75grams per lb of lbm. Next thing is NO SUGAR. All carbs are not equal, all fats are not equal, all proteins are not equal. Last piece is training intensity. The harder you train the more your metabolism will rev up. Do more compound movements and reduce rest times. Add in some HIIT cardio after your lifting sessions.
I got a sweet tooth get cravings for chocolate after couple days

akhimoe

Awards
To mirror the advice you've been given because it's what's most important and that is to remain consistent for the long term. The faster you lose weight the more likely you are to lose muscle and also to regain fat loss. You're on the right path now just stick to it. Do a bunch of research on google as there's a wealth of knowledge in regards to dieting and fatloss (and a bunch of garbage to sort through ofcourse) Stay away from fat loss products. Good old caffeine is about all you need for a boost. Manipulating caloric intake can work when cutting but you can do the same with varied training intensity and keeping your caloric intake at maintenance.

Do your cardio first thing in the morning (before breakfast)
Engage in high intensity activities at this time such as sprints or jump rope. Even just 10 minutes worth is better than walking or jogging for 30 minutes.

Don't overdo it and enjoy the journey.
This is very important and I find is why so many give up with their endeavours. It's important to challenge yourself and taking baby steps towards improvement can pay off in the long run. You know what I'm talking about, the people who say they're going to master a new language, learn to play an instrument, turn into the hulk or next hotshot hollywood actor etc and then obsess about it for 2 months practicing/training every day 8+ hours straight only to get sick of it and quit. Patience is key.
This is spot on thank you,

akhimoe

Awards
Hey man, honestly your only a few weeks in.....this stuff takes way more time (if a month of eating right and training hard was all it took then everyone would be jacked).

You need to see this as a lifestyle, not a short term thing. You’ll get your 6 pack but just not in a few months (round the stomach is one of the last places it normally goes from).

I lost 140lbs 4 years ago, imo the main nutrition/lifestyle stuff is:

1 - eat more protein (make sure your getting 1.5g per kilo min

2 - hydration

3 - sleep

4 - no/minimal processed food

The first 3 all speed up your metabolism btw.

Generally it sounds like your doing the right things anyway bro. LDN is decent as well.

You just gotta keep at it man.
Thanks man will definitely put them on my priority

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I got a sweet tooth get cravings for chocolate after couple days
There are many supplements that are championed on this board that can help you. PES select and any of the quest or oh yeah one bars can absolutely take care of that craving