Safety Squat Bar ( SSB )

1. Safety Squat Bar ( SSB )

Has anyone had any significant training with the SSB? I'm wondering if leg gains went up while using it. I've tried it and it is quite difficult but it makes you keep yourself upright. I feel I have a weak upper back and it transfers to my back squat. Will the SSB help correct imbalances?

2. I would say stay with regular barbell squat and drop the weight to assist with imbalances. The Ssb I’m not much a fan of, personally
    •   

3. @MrKleen73 has one and has used it quite a bit... im sure he can elaborate on his experience with it
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

4. Never used one but many in here have. It's very poplar amongst power training. Another tool to help build the squat
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

5. The ssb will kick your ass. It is an extremely useful bar for helping the lifter learn to drive their back into the bar and stay tight out of the hole, or else it will cave you over like nobodies business. It will definitely address your weak upper back in terms of erector strength and technique.
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   

6. Thanks
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Top squat or safety bar?
    By mikeg313 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 02-28-2013, 03:13 AM
  2. anyone experienced with a cambered squat bar?
    By rbsmith240 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 09:09 PM
  3. Jesup power bar for squatting
    By cpa5oh in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-08-2008, 11:32 AM
  4. Safety Squat Bar (from NY Barbells)
    By cpa5oh in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 02:13 AM
  5. Safety Squat Bar