Beasting legs

1. Beasting legs

Evening all, could do with some help and advice on calf traing, mine don t seem to be getting any bigger, I'm beasting them May be over training ? Maybe under training? I'm doing 4sets of 50 calf raises with feet center, Inwards, outwards, weighted calf raises till burn out and streching them out?

Any advice would be golden,

Cheers

2. I used to bounce threw the movement on seated calf press well any calf exercise for that matter and when I slowed the movement down worked on contraction started to notice a little better growth still been a long process... also I think stretching them our between sets helps...
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Swindler View Post
    I used to bounce threw the movement on seated calf press well any calf exercise for that matter and when I slowed the movement down worked on contraction started to notice a little better growth still been a long process... also I think stretching them our between sets helps...
    Cheers bruv

4. Quote Originally Posted by Daff View Post
    Evening all, could do with some help and advice on calf traing, mine don t seem to be getting any bigger, I'm beasting them May be over training ? Maybe under training? I'm doing 4sets of 50 calf raises with feet center, Inwards, outwards, weighted calf raises till burn out and streching them out?

Cheers
    Used to have the same problem. Calves would get stronger but not bigger. I focussed on 3-5 second eccentric and now I get comments on how much bigger they've gotten in just a couple of months.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -
    Check out our deals at strongsupplementshop.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by mountainman33 View Post
    Used to have the same problem. Calves would get stronger but not bigger. I focussed on 3-5 second eccentric and now I get comments on how much bigger they've gotten in just a couple of months.
    How many sets you do bro, thanks for the tip too man much appreciated
    •   

6. I would do a set after every set of either quads or calves. I do calves twice a week, and split my leg days up, quads one day, hams then next. Do seated first to exhausts the soleus, then your gastrocs do all the work. Usually equals out to 20 to 25 sets.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -

7. Il try split legs and I'll give it a go, cheers bro thank you

8. I see your a strong supp rep iv just been looking at a stacking some stuff from there, nano tren , andro giant and some epi 2a3a what you think? Do they have any discount codes? Sorry to ask bro

9. Quote Originally Posted by Daff View Post
    I see your a strong supp rep iv just been looking at a stacking some stuff from there, nano tren , andro giant and some epi 2a3a what you think? Do they have any discount codes? Sorry to ask bro
    Tren and Epi are on the banned list now. Andro the Giant with Androvar and Super Mandro makes for a solid PH stack though.
    Strong Supplement Shop
    - Board Rep -

10. Cheers bro

11. Ankle mobility. Ben pakulski's training methods.
    ARA/ Evomuse Log.... Follow and laugh at my mediocre results http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/282586-evomuse-ara-log.html#post5403818

12. Quote Originally Posted by banjobounce View Post
    Ankle mobility. Ben pakulski's training methods.
    I'm have a look, cheers bro

13. Are your quads of relative proportion to upper body? I only ask as my calves grow in close relation to quad size regardless how hard i train them. By adding 4" to my quads my calves grew 1.5" without any isolation work. Now my arms need to catch up again.

14. Quote Originally Posted by Daff View Post

Cheers
    More weight, less reps, more focus. Try dropping down to sets of 15-25, get a maximum stretch and flex on the other end

15. Cheers bro, thank to everyone for takeing time to help I give those eccentric tips a go, must admit my calves are still feeling pumped like there going to burst from 3 hours ago

16. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    Are your quads of relative proportion to upper body? I only ask as my calves grow in close relation to quad size regardless how hard i train them. By adding 4" to my quads my calves grew 1.5" without any isolation work. Now my arms need to catch up again.
    That is a odd, they should not really have any correlation unless you were doing something that was training the whole leg. Explosive movements- sprints, HIIT sled work, cleans, etc..

17. I do back squats mostly and occasionally front squats which do work the entire leg. Assistance work includes lunges and weighted pistol squats on days when I feel my back needs a rest.

18. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LL2afq7m4c&t=35s

Video of me doign Calves. Its made the most of my genetics up until this point
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

19. Nice, was able to take something away from it. Creative with the seated dumbell calf raise.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. You know you had a good leg workout when
    By Matthew D in forum General Chat
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-25-2003, 11:45 AM
  2. D-day on legs
    By TheCSWFighter in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:42 PM
  3. Leg extensions
    By Beta BBer in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-27-2003, 01:33 AM
  4. New idea, Leg day ONLY for plateaus
    By pjorstad in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 09:28 PM
  5. Egad - Help: Chicken Legs B/c Of Bad Knees!!
    By gettin'old in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-28-2002, 12:37 PM