Training Shoulders

K

Kolorado

Awards
What’s up guys.

Back in the day I used to give shoulders its own day. Along with chest, arms, back, legs. Eventually I got shoulder pain. Switched to the push pull legs program.
Shoulder pain reduced, but now I feel like I’m never hitting shoulders.

Should I continue doing shoulders on chest day?
I usually stick to low weight for shoulders 20-35lbs range.

Is there a best day to hit shoulders? Like on leg day?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just keep it on your chest day (Push day).. Your front delts get enough stimulation from bench pressing alone... I always throw in 4 sets of overhead press's right at the end of the workout and some side raises and you will see results... My shoulders over power my arms slightly and i only do push pull legs.. Your rear delts get added to your pull day (Face pulls etc)

W

Waterford

Awards
Try using neutral grip on any overhead presses. Once I switched my shoulder pain went away and I could lift heavy weights again.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hit a little bit of shoulders on chest day and rear delt on back day. I’m weird I know but it works for me.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What’s up guys.

Back in the day I used to give shoulders its own day. Along with chest, arms, back, legs. Eventually I got shoulder pain. Switched to the push pull legs program.
Shoulder pain reduced, but now I feel like I’m never hitting shoulders.

Should I continue doing shoulders on chest day?
I usually stick to low weight for shoulders 20-35lbs range.

Is there a best day to hit shoulders? Like on leg day?
I do shoulders on their own day. Ive done them with triceps, Ive done them with calves. Currently Im taking one day to hit shoulders. Its up to you remember though, the pain was from something you did, always be safe

A

artb

Awards
Take on day of shoulders on its own. They get hit with chest and back days as well. If you still feel like you need more do some work in between workouts on leg day.