Least amount of cardio needed?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    If you are lifting heavy, not letting your eating get out of control and doing heavy squats and deadlifts - I see NO benefit in cardio. You should be asking what is the most you should be doing - and I'd say the levels some people above are recommending would be appropriate. As some have pointed out, NONE is the response I would give.

nothing wrong with cardio at all. Ive done it just lifting for fifteen years. Now even if its twice a week for 20 minutes, 115-130 heartrate. Different times of the year it changes, Obviously contest prep its much more.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

2. Least amount of cardio needed?

Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    If you are lifting heavy, not letting your eating get out of control and doing heavy squats and deadlifts - I see NO benefit in cardio. You should be asking what is the most you should be doing - and I'd say the levels some people above are recommending would be appropriate. As some have pointed out, NONE is the response I would give.
    Well specifically I was asking how much cardio to keep up my CR fitness and ability to walk up stairs without getting winded, etc. I had been careful and not gained much fat while bulking with zero cardio but I felt worse overall because I get tired/fatigued quicker physically and mentally. I prob used that method for 6 years or so. But over time my opinion towards cardio has changed when viewed more for its general health benefits and mood enhancing properties.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    It hasn't been suggested yet but jump rope. Need only 10 minutes a day. Equivalent to 30 minutes of running. https://michaelwoodfitness.com/2013/09/21/850/
    I do it as part of a pretty high strung schedule to save time and my level of cardiovascular fitness is great.
    Interesting for sure. That's my style...nice and quick! I need to do this!
    Stupid question, but do you do it at home in a room with standard ceiling height? Do they make ropes that are small enough that they don't hit the ceiling?

4. Hey, yeah just buy the longest rope with an open ended handle and knotted cord so you can cut the cord to length and retie to suit. I have one of the cheap $4 pvc ropes and it does the job. So long as you have around a foot of head clearance between the ceiling you can skip indoors given you don't jump ridiculously high.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Amount of Cardio Needed while Bulking/Cutting
    By chamulan in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 08:52 PM
  2. most lean mass/least amount of sides?
    By rdinero22 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 01:02 PM
  3. Prohormone w/Least amount of Back Pumps?!?!
    By cranghel099 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 03:57 PM
  4. What food has the most calories and least amount of fat?
    By 300Fan in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-14-2007, 09:21 PM
  5. Small amount of help needed.
    By trinhard in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-20-2006, 09:28 PM