How many exercises is overtraining?

1. How many exercises is overtraining?

On a serious bulk right now, also on some test. I'm usually in the gym for 2 hours always intense. I mean I do like 8-12 exercisea with 3-5 sets is that way too much

2. No that's fine I do the same*10 excesses 8-10 reps, do you take any days off?
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by DK0313 View Post
    No that's fine I do the same*10 excesses 8-10 reps, do you take any days off?
    Yeah but since I got on cycle usually only one day and the other day will be just cardio

4. That's right where I'm at, I'd still recommend doing 2 full days off and a day of cardio so you can have more energy and more recovery for better pumps in the gym to keep pushing your weight up. I'm on a cut or else that's what I would be doing as well
  5. How many exercises is overtraining?

Overtraining has nothing to do with specifics and everything to do with your physiology and compounding insults (stress at work, along with difficult frequent workouts, lack of sleep, etc). It honestly is purely symptomatic and when you hit that point it will be undeniable. The best policy is to start MODEST. and then slowly go HAM and see if you continue to thrive

And OP I do 90-120 min workouts 4-6 times per week. Prob 8 exercises per with variable reps 3-4 sets per exercise.
    •   

6. Dude if ur "on" then you shouldn't be "over" training if you "over" training your genetics gave you some really ****ty recovery times, your gear is bunk, or your just a giant ***** who can't handle a hard training session

7. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Overtraining has nothing to do with specifics and everything to do with your physiology and compounding insults (stress at work, along with difficult frequent workouts, lack of sleep, etc). It honestly is purely symptomatic and when you hit that point it will be undeniable. The best policy is to start MODEST. and then slowly go HAM and see if you continue to thrive

And OP I do 90-120 min workouts 4-6 times per week. Prob 8 exercises per with variable reps 3-4 sets per exercise.
    Thanks for the input !

8. Quote Originally Posted by ian_swole View Post
    Dude if ur "on" then you shouldn't be "over" training if you "over" training your genetics gave you some really ****ty recovery times, your gear is bunk, or your just a giant ***** who can't handle a hard training session
    I asked if I was overtraining because I do a lot of sets and stay intense, I didn't say I am overtraining. Genetics are great and I look better than you on my worst day dickbag. You're a joke leave the post

9. I believe it is more related to lack of recovery than excessive reps,etc. Actually as you get near that 1RM, if that is your training regimen, then excessive reps or sets is just not feasible.

10. Personally, I don't believe in overtraining just lack of proper recovery be that diet, sleep, or conditioning. I wouldn't worry about training too hard as long as your body is responding to what ever you are doing.
    Instagram @TheSwoleNurse - www.YouTube.com/TheSwoleNurse

11. Quote Originally Posted by Recognize View Post
    On a serious bulk right now, also on some test. I'm usually in the gym for 2 hours always intense. I mean I do like 8-12 exercisea with 3-5 sets is that way too much
    If that's one body part I'd say overkill. If your doing a split (back/bis etc.) Id say right on the money.

For me in pct volume goes down. I've overtrained in the past in pct trying to keep up with what I was doing on and my body started breaking down lol
    Less is more in pct imo
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com

12. Quote Originally Posted by Godstrength View Post
    If that's one body part I'd say overkill. If your doing a split (back/bis etc.) Id say right on the money.

For me in pct volume goes down. I've overtrained in the past in pct trying to keep up with what I was doing on and my body started breaking down lol
    Less is more in pct imo
    This is a perfect response, thank you! And yes they're splits

13. Just to add, it may have a little to do with exactly what exercises one might be doing.
    A trainee is going to get beat up quicker doing heavy more frequent squatting, deadlifing (the biggest compounds) as opposed to say, seated curls or bench work.
    The more systemic/nervous system fatiguing the work is, the more inroad you make or may have to adjust.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-30-2011, 01:49 PM
  2. how many omega is enough omega?
    By andrewcb in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-30-2010, 06:46 PM
  3. How Many exercises per body part?
    By ogdlow in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 06:39 PM