Whey

Awards
  • Established
stronglifts.com/how-to-build-bigger-biceps-triceps-arms/

Your thoughts?

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
It's a good program for beginners and you'll see growth on your arms so long as you progress. Having said that my arms grow much faster when also training them directly. They're a weakness of mine. If I add 100lbs+ to my lifts my arms may increase in size by an inch but I can usually add another 1/2" by training them hard with isolation exercises. If I don't train them directly they quickly lag behind the rest of my development.

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
It's a good program for beginners and you'll see growth on your arms so long as you progress. Having said that my arms grow much faster when also training them directly. They're a weakness of mine. If I add 100lbs+ to my lifts my arms may increase in size by an inch but I can usually add another 1/2" by training them hard with isolation exercises. If I don't train them directly they quickly lag behind the rest of my development.
Ok i think i get it. So Strong Lift 5 x 5 would work for arms, but isolation works faster for bicep development

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Yes adding size to your frame with compound movements takes priority but to get the best growth when arms are lagging behind I've found best results by incorporating a training session dedicated to arms.

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Yes adding size to your frame with compound movements takes priority but to get the best growth when arms are lagging behind I've found best results by incorporating a training session dedicated to arms.
Exactly and honestly I'd say to every body part which is why IMO ex: on chest day I'll start with flat barbell bench as my compound do 4 sets of that and move to isolation exercises (incline dumbbell, dips, cable crossovers, decline bench, etc) I really feel that I shouldn't put all my eggs in one basket unless powerlifting even then you still need the accessory work. The only reason I believe this is good for beginners is so they progress with their form because compound moves are easily the hardest to have perfect form on that's why you see so many guys lifting too heavy and getting injuries. I would easily say over 75% of injuries come from compound moves from guys lifting too heavy with poor form. If your new to lifting is dedicate a few months to stronglifts I remember when I was in grade 9 I started benchpress for the first time and came across this program and I was benching 95lbs 6 months later I was able to do 185lbs. Just because of eating lots of food and learning how to properly benchpress.

ketodiet

Awards
Very good program, think ill use it too. thanks for this!