Each muscle 2x per week, 4-days

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I'm thinking of switching my current training from 3-days on / 2-days off, 3 (or 4) exercises per body part at 4 sets and repeat... to training each muscle group 2x a week across 4-days.

Monday: Upper Body
Tuesday: Lower Body
Wednesday: off
Thursday: Upper Body
Friday: Lower Body
Saturday: off
Sunday: off

This should provid more recovery time, but I'm wondering if it will still produce the same amount of gains? What has been your exaperiance with this? I'm thinking I would need to step down to 2 exercises for 4 sets in order not to burn out.

runtyemonster

Awards
This is the basis of a lot of modern programs. Candito trains this way, gzcl as well. It's a good setup. If you change up the rep scheme also, i.e., high/low days, it will be good as well.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
This is the basis of a lot of modern programs. Candito trains this way, gzcl as well. It's a good setup. If you change up the rep scheme also, i.e., high/low days, it will be good as well.
Dig the rep switch up. I currently do a hypatropy and low reps in the same day. Switching it to Mon./Tues. heavy and a Thur./Fri. Hypotropy sounds dope... and easier to keep up with up.

runtyemonster

Awards
Yea, that's usually how I train. Even something like the cube method, which switches rep schemes for each muscle group weekly is good for recovery and adding variation. My typical setup is

1. Lower-volume
2. Upper-heavy
3. Deads
4. Lower-Heavy
5. Upper-volume.

Something like that. CWS has a jugglife video on YouTube about setting up blocks for undulating periodization. Good stuff bro.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Given proper intensity this should be good, I'm hitting groups twice on 6 days/week.