Fasted cardio

  1. Fasted cardio


    So I've been doing fasted cardio for a while now, and I keep seeing that people say to not consume anything with calories... anyways, say I took 1/4 of a protein scoop and it has 30 calories then do cardio, its technically not fasted anymore but say 4 minutes in, I've technically burned what I just consumed, would I not be in a fasted state anymore?


  2. If your worried about calories than stick with a bcaa or amino drink before your cardio in order to discourage any kind of muscle break down and save the protien for after. However, your cardio raises your overall metabolism for hours after your done so you still burn calories even with the protien before hand if you don't have, nor want to buy any bcaa products.
    •   
       


  3. If you are wanting to do fasted cardio, then don't worry about protein or bcaas before or during. I don't think you need to worry about that much muscle loss. Now if you are getting up and climbing mountains, pulling airplanes, or swimming across Lake Michigan I'd suggest an Intra product.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
    Visit our site at www.performaxlabs.com

  4. If you're doing a LISS session, fasted or semi fasted is fine. What i mean by semi fasted with BCAA prior and/or during our session. PowerMax XT would be a great option with the BCAA/EAA/WPH and you get your daily staples like creatine and betaine. If you're talking about HIIT, I would advise having a meal
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html

  5. I've been doin fasted cardio for bout 2 -2 1/2 months and I've noticed a lot of fat loss but I use 5g bcaa and l arginine any 2 bags uncle lee's organic green tea b/f I do 26-32.5 minutes of 4-5 HIIT intervals 4 times a week and I eat cleaner especially on non work out days. Then I wait an hour until I eat for pre w/o and then take vitamins fishoil cla l-carnitime. Up until working it out that way my fat loss was come and go but now im tearing thru fat and im 35yrs old

    clay
    •   
       


  6. truly fasted would mean zero cals, but its been shown that bcaa's or even some protein (like you've been doing) can be beneficial and add to the "afterburn"

    To truly maximize things, you could skip the protein or bcaa's and add something like yohimbine hcl (sns has it dirt cheap) to help burn more fat during this fasted state.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  7. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    truly fasted would mean zero cals, but its been shown that bcaa's or even some protein (like you've been doing) can be beneficial and add to the "afterburn"

    To truly maximize things, you could skip the protein or bcaa's and add something like yohimbine hcl (sns has it dirt cheap) to help burn more fat during this fasted state.
    I have yohimbine on my research list. What does it do 2 ya body as in does it speed up heart rate ect.

    clay

  8. Quote Originally Posted by 81dcs View Post
    I have yohimbine on my research list. What does it do 2 ya body as in does it speed up heart rate ect.

    clay
    From examine: "Yohimbine works by increasing adrenaline levels in the body, as well as inhibiting a regulatory process in fat cells, which normally suppresses fat burning."
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    From examine: "Yohimbine works by increasing adrenaline levels in the body, as well as inhibiting a regulatory process in fat cells, which normally suppresses fat burning."
    Would I use it short term cause web md just had me think about not using cause I have panic attacks on the regular?

    clay

  10. Quote Originally Posted by 81dcs View Post
    Would I use it short term cause web md just had me think about not using cause I have panic attacks on the regular?

    clay
    youd have to be careful as y can definitely exacerbate or even cause anxiety in those prone to it. I would never advise anyone with those issue to use it, but should you choose to, start at the lowest possible dose and work up SLOWWWWWWW
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  11. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    youd have to be careful as y can definitely exacerbate or even cause anxiety in those prone to it. I would never advise anyone with those issue to use it, but should you choose to, start at the lowest possible dose and work up SLOWWWWWWW
    Thanks

    clay

  12. Fasted Cardio is only more beneficial due to timing and not actually being fasted... Has been proven over and over. The benefit of fasted cardio is that it is done first thing in the morning. The sooner in the day you boost your metabolism the longer it stays boosted, the more overall calories you burn throughout the day. That's the benefit guys... that's it. As a matter of fact it has been shown to increase the amount of calories burned during cardio if you have 20-30 grams of protein before doing so...

    Just notice how @81dcs said he had been doing fasted cardio for 2.5 months, it wasn't actually fasted, and by taking aminos it actually shortcuts the digestion process and sends in aminos into the blood stream that can be immediately broken down into ATP and used for energy by the muscle tissue. He said he has been getting great results, that is because it is the early morning cardio, and not being fasted that is increasing the total caloric burn for the day.

    If you do cardio in the morning your metabolism increases and stays elevated for hours and hours, but if you do our cardio at say 6PM your metabolism stays elevated for a couple hours then your circadian rhythms kick in that slow the metabolism down and prepare you for rest. So the later in the day the cardio is done the less time your metabolism spends in the increased rate as the circadian rhythm trumps the metabolic increase from the cardio.

    Now nothing negative is going to come from doing fasted cardio unless you have blood sugar issues and go hypo. However there is also no reason to try and make sure you have not had any food before doing morning cardio. I would recommend that if you want to keep blood sugar lower during this time to only have protein or fat prior to the cardio, but even if you have carbs they won't really begin to elevate your blood sugar for about 15 minutes after ingestion if fast acting.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Fasted Cardio is only more beneficial due to timing and not actually being fasted... Has been proven over and over. The benefit of fasted cardio is that it is done first thing in the morning. The sooner in the day you boost your metabolism the longer it stays boosted, the more overall calories you burn throughout the day. That's the benefit guys... that's it. As a matter of fact it has been shown to increase the amount of calories burned during cardio if you have 20-30 grams of protein before doing so...

    Just notice how @81dcs said he had been doing fasted cardio for 2.5 months, it wasn't actually fasted, and by taking aminos it actually shortcuts the digestion process and sends in aminos into the blood stream that can be immediately broken down into ATP and used for energy by the muscle tissue. He said he has been getting great results, that is because it is the early morning cardio, and not being fasted that is increasing the total caloric burn for the day.

    If you do cardio in the morning your metabolism increases and stays elevated for hours and hours, but if you do our cardio at say 6PM your metabolism stays elevated for a couple hours then your circadian rhythms kick in that slow the metabolism down and prepare you for rest. So the later in the day the cardio is done the less time your metabolism spends in the increased rate as the circadian rhythm trumps the metabolic increase from the cardio.

    Now nothing negative is going to come from doing fasted cardio unless you have blood sugar issues and go hypo. However there is also no reason to try and make sure you have not had any food before doing morning cardio. I would recommend that if you want to keep blood sugar lower during this time to only have protein or fat prior to the cardio, but even if you have carbs they won't really begin to elevate your blood sugar for about 15 minutes after ingestion if fast acting.
    I do cycle within the first hour to hour n a half of waking. Thanks 4 da info bruh I shall make note of it.

    clay

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    So I've been doing fasted cardio for a while now, and I keep seeing that people say to not consume anything with calories... anyways, say I took 1/4 of a protein scoop and it has 30 calories then do cardio, its technically not fasted anymore but say 4 minutes in, I've technically burned what I just consumed, would I not be in a fasted state anymore?
    Just do it fasted. I haven't taken any bcaa or anything in over 2yrs (have literally done fasted cardio every day during that time frame) and have easily added 30+lbs of muscle lol. Much leaner too. Just skip any calories all together.

    For the record I've done both HIIT and LISS and don't both totally fasted with great results.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  15. Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    Just do it fasted. I haven't taken any bcaa or anything in over 2yrs (have literally done fasted cardio every day during that time frame) and have easily added 30+lbs of muscle lol. Much leaner too. Just skip any calories all together.

    For the record I've done both HIIT and LISS and don't both totally fasted with great results.
    Yes, and even working out with weights totally fasted is fine if fed the day before. It's not like muscle doesn't store glycogen for that very thing. Plus with every catabolic period caused by work there is a recovery, and super-compensation reaction. A few schools of thought on that one but it has basically been shown in studies that working hard and going catabolic, then waiting for an hour or so after training causes a super-compensation effect, greater than being fed while training.

    I really think it all comes down to just how much you are tearing down during the workout if you need nutrients immediately or could benefit from letting the body temporarily go without and sensitizing even more for the incoming nutrition.

    Isn't it really amazing what the body is capable of.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate View Post
    So I've been doing fasted cardio for a while now, and I keep seeing that people say to not consume anything with calories... anyways, say I took 1/4 of a protein scoop and it has 30 calories then do cardio, its technically not fasted anymore but say 4 minutes in, I've technically burned what I just consumed, would I not be in a fasted state anymore?
    No you would not be fasted anymore. Eat nothing, consume 0 calories, no bcaa's or anything like that. Caffiene, fat burners, cutting drugs, all would be gtg, but the whole idea of fasted cardio is to be on a true empty stomach in a depleted state. The mechanisms are beyond just calories in calories out, when fasted cardio produces a different hormonal effect.

  17. This, in a nutshell was exactly what I was wondering. Thank you guys for chiming in
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Anyone using Drive and or RPM before fasted cardio?
    By EasyEJL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 10:27 AM
  2. Fasted Cardio + ECA Stack
    By C0rk in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 09:46 PM
  3. fasted cardio questions
    By ItsHectic in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM
  4. How to dose BCAAs and carbs for fasted cardio
    By ItsHectic in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2007, 10:22 AM
  5. Fasting cardio with AAS
    By bpmartyr in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2006, 03:31 PM
Log in
Log in