Spasms in upper abdomen

1. Spasms in upper abdomen

I'm hoping you guys can give me a guess as to why this is happening.

Sometimes (like once every other month) if I do a workout that involves direct ab work, I will get a pretty bad spasm within the following day or two. The spasm is of just the top of my abdomen in the center...it feels like just the top one or two rectus abdominis bumps are flexing. It will stay painfully locked up for like a minute, then relax.

It is always set off by making a casual crunching motion like sitting in a car or bending over a sink to spit out toothpaste. It doesn't cause any lasting issues, maybe just soreness for a little while.

Any ideas why this keeps happening?

2. You're stretching enough before you workout your core? or are you working out your core after having done a lot of other exercises?
    Maybe those muscles are already exhausted?
    Taurine has helped me with all kinds of muscle issues. And don't knock a good soak in a hot tub. Might be your all tense and that's it.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by deathkiller View Post

Sometimes (like once every other month) if I do a workout that involves direct ab work, I will get a pretty bad spasm within the following day or two. The spasm is of just the top of my abdomen in the center...it feels like just the top one or two rectus abdominis bumps are flexing. It will stay painfully locked up for like a minute, then relax.

It is always set off by making a casual crunching motion like sitting in a car or bending over a sink to spit out toothpaste. It doesn't cause any lasting issues, maybe just soreness for a little while.

are you using anything that could cause dehydration? Back when I was a crazy kid and used clen, I had my entire abdominal wall seize up on me - I thought I was going to need to call an ambulance. I couldn't get it to release for over 30 minutes....thank god I was all alone in the "ab room" at the gym. I'm much smarter/natty now....

Only other thought - you're not doing direct ab work very often, so maybe you're just going too hard on the days you do choose to train them...

4. Ah yeeeeah clen gave me this muscle spasm in my leg that lasted 30 minutes. Had to use my body weight to lever my foot from behind me back to full extension. I hate that stuff lol.

5. Quote Originally Posted by sespress View Post
    Ah yeeeeah clen gave me this muscle spasm in my leg that lasted 30 minutes. Had to use my body weight to lever my foot from behind me back to full extension. I hate that stuff lol.
    First and last time for me!
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by deathkiller View Post

Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

7. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Hey Grandpa - Long time no meme lol.

8. Hows ur SI? Thats what id be looking at
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Dull pain - upper abdomen 10 days into PH cycle
    By riceorpasta in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-14-2014, 04:37 AM
  2. On pct, soremess in groin/abdomen, wtf???
    By Leftyz in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 10:19 AM
  3. Help! Sharp pain in lower abdomen during PCT
    By Boyders in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 12:57 PM
  4. Pain in upper arm
    By hammad76 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 01:27 AM
  5. IGF in upper pec?!? Really need it...
    By justreading in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2007, 01:52 AM