Please recommend me a new routine. (help!)

1. Please recommend me a new routine. (help!)

Hey guys, I've hit a real bump in the road as far as lifting goes. Been working a lot of hours and battling some personal issues and that has all kept me out of the gym and deteriorated my diet. I consider myself an intermediate level lifter. I'm really determined to get back in and start lifting hard again and making progress. I have 4 days a week to lift, maybe 5 but I can't count on that. Do any of you have a routine in mind you would recommend to me? Thanks fellas.

2. Quote Originally Posted by riceandbeans View Post
    Hey guys, I've hit a real bump in the road as far as lifting goes. Been working a lot of hours and battling some personal issues and that has all kept me out of the gym and deteriorated my diet. I consider myself an intermediate level lifter. I'm really determined to get back in and start lifting hard again and making progress. I have 4 days a week to lift, maybe 5 but I can't count on that. Do any of you have a routine in mind you would recommend to me? Thanks fellas.
    I started using Kettlebell and dumbells at my house, i usually only excercise no more than 30 minutes, either TABATA or doing sets. I really like kettlebells, there are 250 excercises you can do with them. Ive lost 20 lbs
    •   

3. This is the after and before pic, i was diagnosed with prediabetes and its reversed

4. Really impressive brother! I've gotten pretty interested in using kettle bells myself on days I don't train normally.

5. Kettlebell fatBUZZ
    Heres my youtube page i have fun with it your more than welcome view it for excercise ideas, my friends always called me about my workout program so i made this page to share.
    •   

6. @booneman77 modified 5 Day PHAT program. Easy to do 4 or 5 days per week

7. Look into HST. Full body workouts, 3-4x/week and it's built on scientifically proven principles. I know I personally saw a great deal of visible improvement and I know a number of others on this board have as well.

8. Iíll second the HST recommendation. I just did 2 6 week cycles of it and had some nice recoup going on
    I <3 Carbs

9. There are many routines, but again in truth, the magic/gains will be in your consistency, effort and dedication to just getting or making yourself better.
    IMO, pick a known one and stick to it for a good while.

4 days per week is plenty of days per, to get to nearly 95% of your potential. Even 3 days is plenty.

Here are the points that will make the difference and the points that are most likely in every top program, from Starting Strength to 5x5's to 531 to, (should I go on?)

Use the big *5-7 compound exercises first and fore most
    Be consistent with making the workouts every week
    Add weight to the bar when you can
    Eat enough and or the better foods/fresh is best
    Rest and recover
    Repeat

*Compounds of note...
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Leg Pressing
    Rowing/chinning
    OH Pressing (preferably standing perhaps)
    Bench or Incline Pressing and or dips
    Some abs or core stability work

The biggest concentration on these movements, done consistently with multi sets and reps (for the most part) will produce big systemic changes in body mass and strength.
    Afterwards any smaller muscle or iso work ie. limbs etc. etc. will work.

Try not to get caught up in the little stuff but just concentrate on the first top points.

10. Thanks fellas! I appreciate the suggestions. I like upper lower workouts and set one up with good compound movements. Using an upper body horizontal push/pull day, a vertical push/pull day, and lower body quad focused and hamstring focused day may end up trying that one out for a while.

11. Quote Originally Posted by jalfrey View Post
    I’ll second the HST recommendation. I just did 2 6 week cycles of it and had some nice recoup going on
    I've heard of HST but never tried it out. What did you do?

12. Quote Originally Posted by riceandbeans View Post
    I've heard of HST but never tried it out. What did you do?
    https://www.lbs.co.il/LabTests/HST_Faq_book.pdf

Give this a read.

13. Thanks man

14. Quote Originally Posted by riceandbeans View Post
    Thanks man
    For sure! If you have questions, I'd be happy to help as much as I can.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recommend me a new Whey.
    By taylorgains96 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 09:58 PM
  2. Recommend me a new cologne
    By Rodja in forum General Chat
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 09:12 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 04:29 PM