Workout Plan

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
I need help with a workout plan. I recently moved to an apartment complex with a gym center in the main building. It has dumbbell sets up to 50lbs, incline bench and flat bench and the rest are machines. I wanna do a 4 day upper body/lower body split like so:

Monday: Upper
Tuesday: Lower
Wednesday: Active Rest
Thursday: Upper
Friday: Lower
Saturday and Sunday: both active rest

Can I still get jacked while using machines?

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
If you mix free weight with cable, and machines. You can always get a good workout

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
If you mix free weight with cable, and machines. You can always get a good workout
We only have one cable machine and it's kind of crap. You can only do 8 exercises on it and that's it.

Spencyyj

Spencyyj

Awards
You can make gains using any type of equipment. You've got people who are shredded from no weights at all, just yoga or body weight. It's all about your intensity, diet, and being creative in the gym

pcmolter

pcmolter

Awards
With dumbell i would do TABATA training every other day.. exercise that for dumbells, is clean and press, 2 arms anyhow, bent press, Turkish get up, wind mills, bent over rows, renegade rows, curls of all varietys, man makers, squats, over head squats, SOTS press, Goblet squats, floor sweepers, i can go on. I love working out with dumb bells and kettlebells. Here are some pics before and after.

MistrJay

MistrJay

Awards
  • Established
Alright. Thanks you guys. I have a 35lb kettle bell at home and I'll use that on leg days for goblet squats, swings, etc. and I'll just be creative on Monday and Tuesday and write down so I can keep going with it.

Brad.lowther

Brad.lowther

Awards
Upper bicep curls db over head tri ext Arnold Scott press bent over barbell rows flat bench reverse press shrugs

Lower w.e machines they have leg press leg curls ext if u feel comfodent enough u can do squat with barbell front and standard weighted lunges barbell or db use bench bar for dead lifts calf raises db or machine

Kinda general outline to hit everything kinda hard to make one with out knowing your specific goals intended how active you are

And u might wanna try to do something like bi's tris n shoulders super sets
Back
Chest
Legs

But again depends on specific goals

P

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Woo hoo trad archery...!
I still do not own a compound

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With that low of weights for free weights, I suggest a high volume routine or at least mix in high volume to some degree. Once or twice a month I'm forced to train at an apartment facility and I just get creative. I can curl the heaviest dumbbell there so how is my chest going to get free weight work? Machines, drop sets, super sets, high reps, negatives, rest pause...etc

pcmolter

pcmolter

Awards
Man maker, renegade rows, pushups floor press, there is also a incline single press off the floor that get chest developed, also strict floor wipers kill the chest