ACL

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Hows it going fellas. Was just looking to hear some advice. Tore my acl and meniscus month back and just had surgery two days ago. Off the
Pain meds already because of the hallucinations and the suppressed appetite, along with every other side. Anyone have this done? I start PT tonight and just want to get bacj to normal asap.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hows it going fellas. Was just looking to hear some advice. Tore my acl and meniscus month back and just had surgery two days ago. Off the
Pain meds already because of the hallucinations and the suppressed appetite, along with every other side. Anyone have this done? I start PT tonight and just want to get bacj to normal asap.
I personally haven't had acl surgery but I've had my ankle done as well as helped rehab ACL patients. It's a LONG process. Even in the NFL, you don't truly see 100% recovery and back to how you were in less than a year. And this is with the best surgeons and medical staff rehabbing you all day every day.

What's your question?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Don't rush anything. You're 2 days post surgery and already anxious to get back to normal. Like R1 said it's going to be long process. Take the time to focus on keeping diet locked in and doing your rehab.

The Chicago in me says... let Derrick Rose be an example :(

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No surgery, but had a level 2 tear of my MCL and that was incredibly frustrating because it is really easy to want to push it a little and then get set back. I had to stay away from any training on that leg for a good month and then had a brace for 3-4 weeks before slowly building strength back up on it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not knee related, but it's somewhat similar. I tore (off the bone) two ligaments in my ankle a few years back. Playing basketball. Went to my orthopedic surgeon and he told me surgery was an option or I can rehab it and see if it heals but it won't ever be the same again. Well i created my own rehab instead of going somewhere. Stretching it, squats, leg work with weight bearing exercises, running in the pool with it, soaking it in the hot tub, letting the hot tub jet flow on it as I held it stretched. Stuff like that. I was walking with no pain at all in about 3 weeks. I went aggressively after it. Acl is different but there are things you can do. You just have to attack your rehab and be smart with it. Listen to your body.