Leg day for hypertrophy

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What routine are you guys doing for muscle growth? Just curious. See if I like something and I may change it up!

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
I squat first for 5 sets. Then hit the leg press for another 3-4 sets. After that I hit the hammy curls and leg extensions back to back 3-4 sets and finnaly blast some lunges. All of this is done 8-10 reps per set. Seems to suit me well. Thinking of buying a wheelchair after legs tomorrow

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I squat first for 5 sets. Then hit the leg press for another 3-4 sets. After that I hit the hammy curls and leg extensions back to back 3-4 sets and finnaly blast some lunges. All of this is done 8-10 reps per set. Seems to suit me well. Thinking of buying a wheelchair after legs tomorrow
That's almost exactly what I do but I also do some straight leg deads to get that hammy a good stretch.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
See funny thing is I either don't know how to do them or I'm retarded because those don't do it for me

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Squats 7 days a week. 12rm for 3x12 ED. It doesn't seem like much but adds up. So far 3/4" gain on legs in 2 weeks and strength is going through the roof. Gains are exceeding that of smolov and gvt so far, infact every protocol I've tried in the past. The downside, my joints are sore. Calves,knees, hips feel like an old man. My lower back seems to have adapted though. I've also had to dial back on the upper body sessions. I am not working a full time job at the moment, have minimal stress in my life and know I could not do this protocol with adequate recovery if I did have a more strenuous lifestyle.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squats 7 days a week. 12rm for 3x12 ED. So far 3/4" gain on legs in 2 weeks and strength is going through the roof. Gains are exceeding that of smolov and gvt so far, infact every protocol I've tried in the past. The downside, my joints are sore. Calves,knees, hips feel like an old man. My lower back seems to have adapted though. I've also had to dial back on the upper body sessions. I am not working a full time job at the moment, have minimal stress in my life and know I could not do this protocol with adequate recovery if I did have a more strenuous lifestyle.
It's really hard for me to do squats so often because I have a degenerated disc/compression on L5/S1 and I'm only 27...I have to completely give up on heavy squats which I loved so much. Now venturing into higher rep the past few months and my back is feeling better I'm seeing better gains. Gotta put the ego aside!

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Definitely not something I'd recommend in that case but you've come to that conclusion already..

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Definitely not something I'd recommend in that case but you've come to that conclusion already..
I really hate being one those people that "has a knee issue so I can't squat"... I still squat and kill legs weekly I just can't go heavy anymore. Sucks.

Apsmith4992

Apsmith4992

Awards
  • Established
I really hate being one those people that "has a knee issue so I can't squat"... I still squat and kill legs weekly I just can't go heavy anymore. Sucks.
Well at least you don't make excuses like 90% of the gym goers and that will take you far. Nice to hear

corinthians

Awards
First exercise harmstring curls 3x12 a rest pause set on final set and go to total failure. 2 exercise challenger sets on squats for 5 reps ( this can be like 6 to 10 sets)
and finally a giant set 3 - 4 rounds depends on your level for 12 -15 reps choose the exercises that you feel better. One of them bulgarian squat will be perfect Thanks me later. Of course all this with gear.

APC80

APC80

Awards
I know mate I used to love heavy squats but injured my SI joint about a year and a half ago so have to be more careful. Took ages to heal but still can't deadlift and sometimes can't train lower body or do some upper body excercises at all if it's playing up badly. I get jealous of people when I see them deadlifting or doing exercises that are a no-no for me now. Lucky bastards!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What routine are you guys doing for muscle growth? Just curious. See if I like something and I may change it up!
Ive been doing warm ups of course. Then leg extensions , one intense set to pre exhaust. Warmup set of squats, then one intense set, hamstring curls, leg press, standing leg curl, hack squats, glute ham raises.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I personally have been getting alot from good old DC training Widowmaker squat sets with constant tension, no lock outs. My legs have been getting blasted. I also have been doing stiff leg deads, hex bar squat/deads, fortitude muscle rounds on smith squat and leg press and accumulation sets on leg press.

And Bulgarian split squats, mountain dog style

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I personally have been getting alot from good old DC training Widowmaker squat sets with constant tension, no lock outs. My legs have been getting blasted. I also have been doing stiff leg deads, hex bar squat/deads, fortitude muscle rounds on smith squat and leg press and accumulation sets on leg press.

And Bulgarian split squats, mountain dog style

Yes I did Dc training a few years. I got hurt and did legs twice a week because I could not train any upper body for a full year. My legs got there largest doing Dc legs high intensity twice a week. Can not do Dc training on upper body, always pushed too hard and got injured, had to learn the hard way. When you truley go to failure like somone has a gun to your head and will kill you if you cant get another rep, all the time you can get injured. So Glad Ive learned my lessons on cycling intensity phases of training