Leg day for hypertrophy

  1. Leg day for hypertrophy


    What routine are you guys doing for muscle growth? Just curious. See if I like something and I may change it up!
    Performax Labs Product Specialist



  2. I squat first for 5 sets. Then hit the leg press for another 3-4 sets. After that I hit the hammy curls and leg extensions back to back 3-4 sets and finnaly blast some lunges. All of this is done 8-10 reps per set. Seems to suit me well. Thinking of buying a wheelchair after legs tomorrow
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Apsmith4992 View Post
    I squat first for 5 sets. Then hit the leg press for another 3-4 sets. After that I hit the hammy curls and leg extensions back to back 3-4 sets and finnaly blast some lunges. All of this is done 8-10 reps per set. Seems to suit me well. Thinking of buying a wheelchair after legs tomorrow
    That's almost exactly what I do but I also do some straight leg deads to get that hammy a good stretch.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  4. See funny thing is I either don't know how to do them or I'm retarded because those don't do it for me

  5. Squats 7 days a week. 12rm for 3x12 ED. It doesn't seem like much but adds up. So far 3/4" gain on legs in 2 weeks and strength is going through the roof. Gains are exceeding that of smolov and gvt so far, infact every protocol I've tried in the past. The downside, my joints are sore. Calves,knees, hips feel like an old man. My lower back seems to have adapted though. I've also had to dial back on the upper body sessions. I am not working a full time job at the moment, have minimal stress in my life and know I could not do this protocol with adequate recovery if I did have a more strenuous lifestyle.
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    Squats 7 days a week. 12rm for 3x12 ED. So far 3/4" gain on legs in 2 weeks and strength is going through the roof. Gains are exceeding that of smolov and gvt so far, infact every protocol I've tried in the past. The downside, my joints are sore. Calves,knees, hips feel like an old man. My lower back seems to have adapted though. I've also had to dial back on the upper body sessions. I am not working a full time job at the moment, have minimal stress in my life and know I could not do this protocol with adequate recovery if I did have a more strenuous lifestyle.
    It's really hard for me to do squats so often because I have a degenerated disc/compression on L5/S1 and I'm only 27...I have to completely give up on heavy squats which I loved so much. Now venturing into higher rep the past few months and my back is feeling better I'm seeing better gains. Gotta put the ego aside!
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  7. Definitely not something I'd recommend in that case but you've come to that conclusion already..

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    Definitely not something I'd recommend in that case but you've come to that conclusion already..
    I really hate being one those people that "has a knee issue so I can't squat"... I still squat and kill legs weekly I just can't go heavy anymore. Sucks.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  9. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I really hate being one those people that "has a knee issue so I can't squat"... I still squat and kill legs weekly I just can't go heavy anymore. Sucks.
    Well at least you don't make excuses like 90% of the gym goers and that will take you far. Nice to hear

  10. First exercise harmstring curls 3x12 a rest pause set on final set and go to total failure. 2 exercise challenger sets on squats for 5 reps ( this can be like 6 to 10 sets)
    and finally a giant set 3 - 4 rounds depends on your level for 12 -15 reps choose the exercises that you feel better. One of them bulgarian squat will be perfect Thanks me later. Of course all this with gear.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    I really hate being one those people that "has a knee issue so I can't squat"... I still squat and kill legs weekly I just can't go heavy anymore. Sucks.
    I know mate I used to love heavy squats but injured my SI joint about a year and a half ago so have to be more careful. Took ages to heal but still can't deadlift and sometimes can't train lower body or do some upper body excercises at all if it's playing up badly. I get jealous of people when I see them deadlifting or doing exercises that are a no-no for me now. Lucky bastards!

  12. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    What routine are you guys doing for muscle growth? Just curious. See if I like something and I may change it up!
    Ive been doing warm ups of course. Then leg extensions , one intense set to pre exhaust. Warmup set of squats, then one intense set, hamstring curls, leg press, standing leg curl, hack squats, glute ham raises.
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching

  13. I personally have been getting alot from good old DC training Widowmaker squat sets with constant tension, no lock outs. My legs have been getting blasted. I also have been doing stiff leg deads, hex bar squat/deads, fortitude muscle rounds on smith squat and leg press and accumulation sets on leg press.

    And Bulgarian split squats, mountain dog style

  14. Quote Originally Posted by EMPIREMIND View Post
    I personally have been getting alot from good old DC training Widowmaker squat sets with constant tension, no lock outs. My legs have been getting blasted. I also have been doing stiff leg deads, hex bar squat/deads, fortitude muscle rounds on smith squat and leg press and accumulation sets on leg press.

    And Bulgarian split squats, mountain dog style


    Yes I did Dc training a few years. I got hurt and did legs twice a week because I could not train any upper body for a full year. My legs got there largest doing Dc legs high intensity twice a week. Can not do Dc training on upper body, always pushed too hard and got injured, had to learn the hard way. When you truley go to failure like somone has a gun to your head and will kill you if you cant get another rep, all the time you can get injured. So Glad Ive learned my lessons on cycling intensity phases of training
    Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
    Mind and Muscle Code AM10
    Classic Physique competitor, Facebook- Great Physique Fitness, Online coaching
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Full Body Vs 5 day split for Hypertrophy
    By Matthew1237 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2016, 01:03 PM
  2. No leg day for at least 6 weeks!!
    By Mr_Irrelevant in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-05-2015, 08:56 AM
  3. No leg day for at least 6 weeks!!!!
    By Mr_Irrelevant in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2015, 05:36 PM
  4. Save Caffeine for Morning Leg Day
    By Royd The Noyd in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2014, 01:57 PM
  5. New idea, Leg day ONLY for plateaus
    By pjorstad in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Log in
Log in