6 Day Push Pull Legs Split

1. 6 Day Push Pull Legs Split

Hi Guys,

I've been training for around 6-7 years now and about to finish my cut. I've usually stuck to training 1 muscle group per day over 5 days.
    I've been looking at different splits which will help me get the most out of my workouts and help me put on some size.
    What are your thoughts on the 6 day PPL split? I'd also have a day off in between so it would be 6 workouts over 8 days. PPL Rest PPL Rest.
    I'm happy to increase the volume of my workouts but as a natural lifter I was also worried that this might be too much volume?

Thanks for your help!

2. I tried it a couple of times but always went back to 5 day split i like hitting each muscle group fresh.
    •   

3. Sorry didn't answer your question, personally I found it hard to recover from each workout but I think I was maybe used to going to close to failure on each set with being used to the 7 day recuperation. By the time the 1st push session came round again my shoulders and chest would still be sore so I lost strength/reps. As I say though maybe I was going too hard and needed to dial it back a bit.

4. Thanks for replying!
    Ye I was thinking the same. Training each muscle group once a week allows more volume since you will have 7 days to recover. I have just read in a few places that it can be more beneficial to hit each muscle twice a week as 7 days to recover is excessive. I like the idea of hitting each muscle twice a week but I also like the high volume, I obviously can't do both I was thinking that by lowering the volume but lifting heavy on the compound movements would help increase strength at a greater rate. I think it's something I might try for around a month and see how I feel and what progress I'm making.

5. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4836564/

Studies have shown no difference between high and low frequency body part training. All comes down to what you prefer really.
    •   

6. I'm a big fan of 2-3 muscle groups per session, mostly cus I get bored and burnt out quick the other way. I read a couple studies comparing full body verse bro split, full body was better by a miniscule amount
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 4 Day PHAT Push/Pull/Legs Critique Please
    By Vanitouses in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 07:39 AM
  2. Push Pull Legs Split
    By FromAus in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-30-2013, 11:18 PM
  3. Push/Pull/Legs split 2x week during PH
    By deadikated in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 01:00 AM
  4. push/pull/legs
    By msucurt in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 09:38 AM
  5. For anyone who follows a push/pull/legs split...
    By Rock Lee in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 01:15 PM