Squats 7 days a week

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    3 weeks of daily squats and i got the flu. Reluctantly took 10 days off and got back into it today. My strength has surprisingly skyrocketed in the down time. 285 feels like 220. Had to double check I'd loaded the bar correctly. Anyway it's back to the plan. Good times ahead.
    Lowered immune system is a sign of overtraining. Ever think of doing squats ever 3 days or something?

2. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    . 285 feels like 220.
    Well, that was in your plan, except for the flu part I am sure.
    Hang in there guy and keep us tuned
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by lolgafifa View Post
    The predecessor of the NBA Live series was the NBA Playoffs series, which featured Lakers vs. Celtics, released first in 1989 for MS-DOS-compatible PCs and later adapted for consoles in early 1990 for the Sega Mega Drive. This game was played from a horizontal view (while later versions moved to an isometric view before ultimately moving to 3D on newer consoles). The game was one of the first to feature an NBA license, containing both real NBA teams and player likenesses and signature moves. Details such as Horace Grants goggles are clearly visible, and Michael Jordans "Air Reverse Layup" is animated with very high accuracy NBA Live Coins . Player numbers were also visible. The game featured only eight of the sixteen teams that qualified for the NBA playoffs that year, as well as both NBA All-Star teams.
    2K better tho

4. I am very intrigued. Subbed.

5. I'm a fan of this idea. I once rotated every week by hitting the same body part every day, then the next week a different one. so for example i would throw in a few chest exercises with each day's workout, the next week i would do legs every day. it's something different and i think it works
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    3 weeks of daily squats and i got the flu. Reluctantly took 10 days off and got back into it today. My strength has surprisingly skyrocketed in the down time. 285 feels like 220. Had to double check I'd loaded the bar correctly. Anyway it's back to the plan. Good times ahead.
    Wow! Definitely keep us updated! I may need to try this. My squat has always sucked. Probably due to my bird leg genetics, but still...

7. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    Input from an old fart-
    The above shows that your body was needing some recovery. How about 2 days off every two weeks or some interval of rest/recovery.
    I'm old school and would think unless you throw in heavier work your current max will be heavier than now. My best squat at a 230lb bw was low 600's, when going through a high rep phase I worked up to 20+ reps with 405 and it didn't make the 550-600 range any easier or lighter. Training and nutrition has improved in the last 20 yrs so hopefully you do better.

Good luck and throw in some rest 😀
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How many days a week to you lift?
    By CROWLER in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 138
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 08:29 PM
  2. how many days a week
    By shaggy in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-03-2006, 01:54 PM
  3. Bench/Squat testing next week... Bobo have a question...
    By LakeMountD in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 12:09 PM
  4. Two Day a Week Splits?
    By RobInKuwait in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:49 PM
  5. 1 Day per week as good as 4?
    By Angular Air in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-29-2005, 11:56 AM