i drank yesterday alcohol yesterday, i dont have a bad hangover, should i lift?

heyboy

Banned
Awards
i hardly ever drink alcohol, but i drank alot of alcohol last night, should i go lift? or maybe do cardio? or just take a day off.. i dont have a bad hangover?

i used to just lift the day after drinking before, but ma buddies told me that it fks you up so its best to just take a day off?

whats ur guyses toughts, thank you

english is not my first language

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
There is nothing bad about lifting after drinking. However, it may negatively affect your performance by making you more sluggish. Drinking the night before can keep your blood sugar levels lower which can result in less performance in the gym.

Still, if you want to lift, go lift!! There's is NOTHING wrong with doing so. In fact, it will probably make you feel better than you already are. Just make sure you have a good meal before and after and drink plenty of water!

supadupastar

supadupastar

Awards
Well, if you feel you have the energy to push through your workout then go for it. If you feel worse than normal then take a day off. Cardio is generally a good thing and helps to get rid of any toxins by sweting it out. Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
thanks guys, i heard that cardio after drinking will make the alcohol toxins flow around your body and make u drunk/hungover again.. is there any truth to that?

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Cardio gets that crap our and makes me feel better

Niclas Bruun

Awards
All kind of traning is good for you after a Night out and like it been Said Before your suger levels are low but the same are your vitamines so yeah go workout and get some good food and water in your system

APC80

APC80

Awards
thanks guys, i heard that cardio after drinking will make the alcohol toxins flow around your body and make u drunk/hungover again.. is there any truth to that?
If that were true every alco would have a stair master in their living room.

LAH813

LAH813

Awards
  • Established
I usually hit a light workout, do a 30 min fast walk, and hit the sauna the day after a night out.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I always feel better doing cardio with bcaas after drinking. It might be broscience, but a good amino product always seems to help my hangover.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always feel better doing cardio with bcaas after drinking. It might be broscience, but a good amino product always seems to help my hangover.
I'm the same way! Without fail I feel 100% better after getting a bit of cardio in with bcaa's. I usually sweat a lot more after a night of drinking too

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Lol we used to train super hungover/still drunk every Friday in college. Actually hit some big Maxes in that state. Best was when my coach saw puke in my teammates hair and blood in my hair from a cut I got from partying. He didn't care as long as we were still busting our asses in the gym

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
the idea of taking a rest day after a bender is so weird to me. I had plenty of saturdays that I lifted hard after being out till 2am. If anything we always felt like a hard session the next day helped cleanse the system and get us back to normal.

heyboy

Banned
Awards
the idea of taking a rest day after a bender is so weird to me. I had plenty of saturdays that I lifted hard after being out till 2am. If anything we always felt like a hard session the next day helped cleanse the system and get us back to normal.
Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know this is a nothing conversation, but one has nothing to do with the other. Of course you can go lift after a night of drinking.