Critique my Spreadsheet??!

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Progression is just a 531 ripoff without the AMRAP sets...supplemental work based off of weaknesses and what has helped transfer to main lifts best in the past...accessories are just fillers...enter 1, 2 ,3 in the designated box next to week...no week 4 DELOAD entered...if I need to deload, will resort to fairly common sessions used in the past...I don't feel the need to autoregulate at this time...more experience (only 2 years worth of strength training) and heavier lifting will maybe lead to RPE style training in the near future...

any suggestions and/or critiques greatly appreciated...would really like to strike a decent conversation with much more experienced and successful lifters...

Attachments

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Will take a look when I can get to a computer. On mobile now.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty clean! Just not sure if reading your last column correctly. SA/BB Rows, just whatever weight you are feeling at 3x15, same with hypers and ab rollers?

One suggestion is to click in the cell to enter number go to Data>Data Validation> under settings select List and under source enter 1,2,3. This way you can just drop down and choose your week and not get errors for any value other than 1-3.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Pretty clean! Just not sure if reading your last column correctly. SA/BB Rows, just whatever weight you are feeling at 3x15, same with hypers and ab rollers?

One suggestion is to click in the cell to enter number go to Data>Data Validation> under settings select List and under source enter 1,2,3. This way you can just drop down and choose your week and not get errors for any value other than 1-3.
Thanks...yea...the accessory stuff is personal preference...the rep scheme is the only thing I really concern myself with as long as I include a low weight/high rep rowing variation and core work...

thanks for the tip...will make the adjustment.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This is def a nice calculator for the weight progressions. How did you come up with the desired percentages for each of the lifts? I see they're slightly different for each squat/bench/dead as well as the accessories.

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
This is def a nice calculator for the weight progressions. How did you come up with the desired percentages for each of the lifts? I see they're slightly different for each squat/bench/dead as well as the accessories.
thanks..the main lifts are based on Wendler's typical 531 progression...I just eliminated the AMRAP or "+" as he prescribes..

the supplemental lifts are just based on percentages that have worked in the past, and/or percentages of the main lifts I feel I should be able to make successfully in order to help improve the main lift...I also took into consideration lowering the intensity just a bit in order to prevent stalling...I did a small amount of research based on what most predict lifts like Power Cleans and Front Squats percentages should be based off of 1 rep maxes of Back Squat and Deadlift...nothing too crazy, trying to keep it a simple linear progression as I prepare for my July Meet...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
First competition?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
first sanctioned, yes...so will probably take this to about 4 weeks out, and taper specifically for the meet...
What are your numbers looking like currently and what are you shooting for on comp day?

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
What are your numbers looking like currently and what are you shooting for on comp day?

hit 435/315/515 in just sleeves @ 193lbs during a mock meet last week on absolutely zero notice or prep...trying to eat clean, and depending on how far below 190 I get, possibly make a run at the 181 division...I would call it a successful meet if I at the very least hit 1300 @ 198, but ultimately would love that same total @ 181 and most likely with knee wraps...