Bodyweight And Pump

  1. Unhappy Bodyweight And Pump


    I'm just coming back into training after a long 9 month layoff due to various health issues, which have now thankfully been fixed.
    During my illness and layoff I've lost a considerable amount of weight and muscle mass, and am getting back into the gym around 10kg underweight (In regards to the BMI guides).
    These past 3 weeks in the gym have been really frustrating because all of the poundages I used to lift are A LOT lower than they used to be (which I was expecting) but also because I can't get a pump, which I don't understand.
    I'm just wondering if the lack of pumps is due to my relatively low bodyweight?

    I'd love to hear people's opinions on this and any help would be really appreciated.

    Thank You


  2. Well you can't expect to get that big pump you have been used to if your mucles isent that big anymore and your vanes proberly have gotten smaler. But there is a lot of good pruducts that can help you get a good pump. I was experince some of the same isues about 2 years ago when i started training after 1 year break. Hang in there and it will come back! (:
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    I'm just coming back into training after a long 9 month layoff due to various health issues, which have now thankfully been fixed.
    During my illness and layoff I've lost a considerable amount of weight and muscle mass, and am getting back into the gym around 10kg underweight (In regards to the BMI guides).
    These past 3 weeks in the gym have been really frustrating because all of the poundages I used to lift are A LOT lower than they used to be (which I was expecting) but also because I can't get a pump, which I don't understand.
    I'm just wondering if the lack of pumps is due to my relatively low bodyweight?

    I'd love to hear people's opinions on this and any help would be really appreciated.

    Thank You
    21's should give you a burn -and a pump. You will bounce back in no time, if you don't forget to eat in a surplus.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  4. I've tried pretty much all of the old training methods that I used to use (21's, 10x10, Burnouts, Super Sets, Drop Sets etc etc) and my muscles are still flat and without pump. I've got my diet back in check and am eating in a a 700+ surplus and still no pump?
    It's really frustrating and is killing my motivation

  5. The pump means fk all mate I don't know why you are so fixated on it. You should be more worried about getting stronger right now. Your veins will get bigger again pretty quick along with your muscles then you'll get big pumps. You should be looking at the positives, you may be starting again skinny but with muscle memory you'll grow bigger and faster than if you were starting from scratch.
    •   
       


  6. I know getting a pump doesn't mean muscle growth, I just love(d) the feeling. Getting stronger is my main focus right now, I'm just chasing the pump as a finisher to get as much blood in there as I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by APC80 View Post
    Your veins will get bigger again pretty quick along with your muscles then you'll get big pumps. You should be looking at the positives, you may be starting again skinny but with muscle memory you'll grow bigger and faster than if you were starting from scratch.
    Thanks for this dude, that's really helped lift my mood. Something to think of whilst I'm starting back

  7. No bother that was the aim of my post. Just think of the gains you'll be making, you already know how to eat and train to build muscle with the added bonus of starting lean, newbies at your gym will be jealous of your gains and asking what you're on lol you'll be back where you where in no time bro.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    I've tried pretty much all of the old training methods that I used to use (21's, 10x10, Burnouts, Super Sets, Drop Sets etc etc) and my muscles are still flat and without pump. I've got my diet back in check and am eating in a a 700+ surplus and still no pump?
    It's really frustrating and is killing my motivation

    I mean, I use stuff that definitely gives a pump -but it's either forbidden (don't tell I'm juicing), a research chem -or a prescription med.
    As a less harsh compound a vasodilator comes to mind, like cialis...

    -end of wise recommendations-
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I mean, I use stuff that definitely gives a pump -but it's either forbidden (don't tell I'm juicing), a research chem -or a prescription med.
    As a less harsh compound a vasodilator comes to mind, like cialis...

    -end of wise recommendations-
    Haha! Not planning on trying out the juicey stuff quite yet. I think I'll stick with my High Volume a tad longer before I look any deeper into that haha.

  10. How old are you?
    What is your diet like?
    Are you on any meds at all?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by PaulBlack View Post
    How old are you?
    What is your diet like?
    Are you on any meds at all?
    24 years old.
    Diet is pretty clean and running at a 700kcal surplus.
    No current meds.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Slims View Post
    24 years old.
    Diet is pretty clean and running at a 700kcal surplus.
    No current meds.
    Okay, well I don't really have a clue then, since I am not a doctor.
    Anyway, the easiest muscle group for me to pump, (especially as a younger man, I am 59 now) was my forearms. A few sets of even rather light wrist curls, had my forearms so tight as to where I could hardly get them to turn on a spigot for a shower. Can you pump up your forearms easily?
    At 59 (and I know less hormones circulating in MY blood stream) I can pump them up some, but not like I used to in my youth.
    Is it only recently that this has happened to you, ie: since you had your health issues?
    Aside from having any blood tests, or a check up on your question(s), I cannot give any technical advice or actual solutions to why. Sorry.

  13. My forearms used to be the easiest for me to pump up too. They used to light up massive on back and Bi day...But now, nothing, just flat with no pump.
    Getting a pump never used to be an issue before I got ill but now it's impossible.
    Bloods have all come back fine, EMG's have come back fine and my physical's check out fine too. That's why it's so confusing
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. CREATINE,GLUTAMINE,EFA'A AND PUMPS THAT HURT
    By oldskoolbb in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 02:57 PM
  2. Aggression and pump
    By jbthumper in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 01:49 AM
  3. Glycerin and pumps....
    By ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 02:41 AM
  4. for increased focus and pumps......
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
  5. New Penetrate Bottles and Pumps in Stock!
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2005, 05:54 PM
Log in
Log in