Cobra Grips ...anyone using?

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Curious if you're using these, either the rubber model or limited leather version?

Does one have a better grip over the other in your experience?

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I was checking these out as well. I haven't used any straps or grips before. Curious for any input from people

S

S.Dedication

Awards
  • Established
I got the leather ones, use them on back day. They seem pretty legit, I like them. Versa grips may have been a touch better, but they do cost more.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
The leather with that cobra logo, I'm diggin it

N

necrojb

Awards
I use these frequently and they are fine for me...holding up fine to deadlifts in the 400+ range and heavy barbell rows, etc. I have baby hands so my grip always craps out after deadlifts so straps of some sort are a necessity.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the leather ones, use them on back day. They seem pretty legit, I like them. Versa grips may have been a touch better, but they do cost more.
^^Was going to say, they look like Versa Grips.

Versa Grips are cool because they're fast to wrap the bar, but honestly mine sit most of the time and I usually just use a cheap pair of straps. They just feel more secure in general.

M

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using versa grips for years now . Convenient and reliable ( I got pro ones - longer strap )

E

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Their name and appearance is incredibly corny and to imagine myself with them on, I was briefly overcome by laughter, my bad.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Their name and appearance is incredibly corny and to imagine myself with them on, I was briefly overcome by laughter, my bad.
Thanks man. I agree and honestly I'm torn. Half the price of versa grips is nice but ya they look corny for sure

Yomo

Yomo

Awards
  • Established
Chalk is pretty cheap........liquid chalk if you go to one of those gyms.