Bench press reps

BigLarry

BigLarry

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff! The most I've ever been able to do was 24, what is your stats?

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff! The most I've ever been able to do was 24, what is your stats?
I am 6'0/6'1. About 315 I picked up 600 on a deadlift a few weeks ago havenet DL since have to get knee surgery in 4 weeks so been laying off the deads and legs

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am 6'0/6'1. About 315 I picked up 600 on a deadlift a few weeks ago havenet DL since have to get knee surgery in 4 weeks so been laying off the deads and legs
Terrible idea. Train and stay as strong as possible

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Nice work

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys Taken me a long time to get to that point After the surgery I am really going to try to slim down some and I could not be more excited

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I am working out just Not legs. Can't do it I fall just walking around
You can do it your choosing not to. Im not saying go squat, but if your not stimulating the muscles around your knee your not helping yourself either. Prehab is extremely important and helps your daily activities as well.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am working out just Not legs. Can't do it I fall just walking around
If you need do start with some light leg press movements, drop sets...etc then do it! You don't have to start squatting 5x5. Heck I don't even go super heavy on squats. I prefer higher rep and volume.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
If you need do start with some light leg press movements, drop sets...etc then do it! You don't have to start squatting 5x5. Heck I don't even go super heavy on squats. I prefer higher rep and volume.
I have been doing more body weight squats. Leg press super light and it's been feeling better.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
You can do it your choosing not to. Im not saying go squat, but if your not stimulating the muscles around your knee your not helping yourself either. Prehab is extremely important and helps your daily activities as well.
Thanks like my above post I called the dr after you sent me the post and he gave me a handful of things to do and a few to avoid.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree with the premise Balla is articulating. Choose open chained movements (assuming u have a cartilage issue), be sure stetch including hip flexors and IT BAND (!!!), and ice post workout and before bed.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the premise Balla is articulating. Choose open chained movements (assuming u have a cartilage issue), be sure stetch including hip flexors and IT BAND (!!!), and ice post workout and before bed.
It is a cartilage issue. Small tear of the meniscus along with a m&m size bit of cartilage floating around also might need micro fracture surgery (the area might be too big to preform the micro fracture surgery)