Bench press reps

  1. Bench press reps


    I filmed this last week went back and forth about posting it finally I decided to. Here is 225 for 31 reps. Slightly saddened I did 32 the week before oh well


    https://instagram.com/p/BT62HvijV74/


  2. Good stuff! The most I've ever been able to do was 24, what is your stats?
    •   
       


  3. Way to go, that's some major work right there!

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BigLarry View Post
    Good stuff! The most I've ever been able to do was 24, what is your stats?
    I am 6'0/6'1. About 315 I picked up 600 on a deadlift a few weeks ago havenet DL since have to get knee surgery in 4 weeks so been laying off the deads and legs

  5. Quote Originally Posted by fro60ol View Post
    I am 6'0/6'1. About 315 I picked up 600 on a deadlift a few weeks ago havenet DL since have to get knee surgery in 4 weeks so been laying off the deads and legs
    Terrible idea. Train and stay as strong as possible
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Terrible idea. Train and stay as strong as possible
    I am working out just Not legs. Can't do it I fall just walking around

  7. Nice man! That's solid.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  8. Nice work
    I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be

  9. Thanks guys Taken me a long time to get to that point After the surgery I am really going to try to slim down some and I could not be more excited

  10. Quote Originally Posted by fro60ol View Post
    I am working out just Not legs. Can't do it I fall just walking around
    You can do it your choosing not to. Im not saying go squat, but if your not stimulating the muscles around your knee your not helping yourself either. Prehab is extremely important and helps your daily activities as well.
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/291581-officially-chasing-abs.html#post5714196

  11. Congratulations!
    YouTube Channel: youtube.com/user/DominicDNO (Health & Fitness Info.)

    Goal: Set a USAPL Bench Press Record, Total over 1,600lbs at 185lbs

  12. Quote Originally Posted by fro60ol View Post
    I am working out just Not legs. Can't do it I fall just walking around
    If you need do start with some light leg press movements, drop sets...etc then do it! You don't have to start squatting 5x5. Heck I don't even go super heavy on squats. I prefer higher rep and volume.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  13. Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    If you need do start with some light leg press movements, drop sets...etc then do it! You don't have to start squatting 5x5. Heck I don't even go super heavy on squats. I prefer higher rep and volume.
    I have been doing more body weight squats. Leg press super light and it's been feeling better.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    You can do it your choosing not to. Im not saying go squat, but if your not stimulating the muscles around your knee your not helping yourself either. Prehab is extremely important and helps your daily activities as well.
    Thanks like my above post I called the dr after you sent me the post and he gave me a handful of things to do and a few to avoid.

  15. I agree with the premise Balla is articulating. Choose open chained movements (assuming u have a cartilage issue), be sure stetch including hip flexors and IT BAND (!!!), and ice post workout and before bed.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    I agree with the premise Balla is articulating. Choose open chained movements (assuming u have a cartilage issue), be sure stetch including hip flexors and IT BAND (!!!), and ice post workout and before bed.
    It is a cartilage issue. Small tear of the meniscus along with a m&m size bit of cartilage floating around also might need micro fracture surgery (the area might be too big to preform the micro fracture surgery)
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Bench press reps?
    By chopper3280 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 03:26 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
  3. Partial Rep Bench Press - what's the problem again?
    By BrooklynBB in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 12:11 AM
  4. Tips for adding reps to Bench Press
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
  5. Bench Press full ROM vs. Partial reps
    By FitModel in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-10-2008, 12:31 AM
Log in
Log in