HELP with finding a Program

gfraez

Awards
Currently have been working out for about a year and I am looking for a 4-8 week program that is ONLY bench press focused. I was wondering if you guys know of one like 6 week Kizen bench press program.

runtyemonster

Awards
Go on Reddit and search deathbench by DisBrow. Or do sheiko. Why only bench?

gfraez

Awards
Okay thanks. Ill be honest, I remember watching a video by Alex from alpha destiny always and he said something like if you want to get good at benchpress you gotta focus on benching. He said you don't wanna juggle around with too many if your trying to get good at one of them

runtyemonster

Awards
I get that, but at the same time, are you squat and dead where you want them to be to the point that you don't feel you need to focus on them? Something like sheiko 37, which has a big emphasis on bench might be perfect for you.

gfraez

Awards
personally, my lower body is naturally bigger and stronger then most people I workout with (my age), so I'm trying to slow down on my lower portion of my body so my upper body can catch up. I'll check out the sheiko 37.

Devonkev

Awards
personally, my lower body is naturally bigger and stronger then most people I workout with (my age), so I'm trying to slow down on my lower portion of my body so my upper body can catch up. I'll check out the sheiko 37.
Forget looking for a sheiko program unless you go to sheiko himself as the ones online will have been designed for a specific person and their circumstances and then "leaked" online.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are looking for a higher PR single, then my vote would go to the Russian Percent Program for the BP.
It starts and looks pretty easy, but don't be fooled, once you get to 6 sets of 5 reps and then 6x6 for the volume phase, then tapers to higher weight and low reps for strength, it gets tough.
W/O is at bottom of page. Best advice is to start quite modest with your current max. It is not unheard of to get 107% maybe even 110% gain.
The Tight Tan Slacks of Dezso Ban: The Wisdom Behind Soviet Training - Fred Hatfield

The 70%x2 and 75%x2 are generally W/U's, but I would not skip them.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
If this Alex guy is telling you to stop doing anything BUT benching - he has no idea what he is talking about. It is really as simple as that.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would strongly urge you not to lose focus on the rest of your body. I would say to make chest your first excersizes on workout days, prioritize it. Maybe hit chest twice a week and everything else once a week. You should just keep it simple, hit heavy compounds: squats, legs press, rows, pull ups, deadlifts etc.