Bulking body pics

LordGunz

Awards
hEllo new member here.. I lifted for a year or two before I took almost a 2 year break..
Anyways im 26 when I started back lifting a month ago I was 166 now im 170 bulking on about 3000kcals..
20170425_202447.jpg

20170425_202524.jpg

I plan on bulking to 200lbs or so very slowly.. I am not to fat to hinder my gains ? Please leave feed back

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Seeing as you're technically just starting back I'd go very very little cals over maintenance so that you get a nice recomp effect where you're gunna put on nice lean gains. Just a suggestion homie , besides that find a program you like and make sure you're going in with a plan and get as much out of each workout as possible ! Good luck

LordGunz

Awards
You don't think im to fat to do a lean bulk? I do physical manual labor 40 hours a week as well
I am now hitting bench for 130 x 3
Ovh press 70 x10
Bb row 105 x 10

Alpha1a

Alpha1a

Awards
  • Established
Seeing as you're technically just starting back I'd go very very little cals over maintenance so that you get a nice recomp effect where you're gunna put on nice lean gains. Just a suggestion homie , besides that find a program you like and make sure you're going in with a plan and get as much out of each workout as possible ! Good luck

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Alpha. Eat healthy in a small surplus burn fat and build muscle at the same time. I did it in reverse from fat to leaner but still built muscle while losing fat.

How tall are you? Bulking up to 200 seems like a lot

LordGunz

Awards
I agree with Alpha. Eat healthy in a small surplus burn fat and build muscle at the same time. I did it in reverse from fat to leaner but still built muscle while losing fat.

How tall are you? Bulking up to 200 seems like a lot
I am 5'9 my maitnence is 2500 or arphnd there so im only eating 500 above plus I work in a factory

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Right on. We are pretty much the same. I'm 5'10. Currently cutting down aiming for 180. I'm at 186 right now. For our height you would need to build a ton of muscle to get to 200lbs without having a lot of fat

LordGunz

Awards
Right on. We are pretty much the same. I'm 5'10. Currently cutting down aiming for 180. I'm at 186 right now. For our height you would need to build a ton of muscle to get to 200lbs without having a lot of fat
So are you suggesting maybe 2700 to 2800? I just want to get big contemplating prohormones but worried about side effects. Also will I increase in weight still.. If I lower the calories. Also I have only gained 4 pounds in a month

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Honestly I'm not experienced enough to give you advice to that extent. Track your food and hit your calorie goal/macros for a couple weeks and see what's happens. How often are you working out? Type of program?

LordGunz

Awards
Honestly I'm not experienced enough to give you advice to that extent. Track your food and hit your calorie goal/macros for a couple weeks and see what's happens. How often are you working out? Type of program?
I use myfittnesspal.. Around 190 p 360c 84f 3010 cals or so.. I eat mainly clean I do have premade breakfast burritos and the rest clean. And i train 6 days a week.. 4 on 1 off. I feel great to feel like I don't even need a rest day sometimes. And I don't really have a program I usually do around 16 sets per body part. So I hit each body part twice a week

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Well if you're already tracking and not gaining much, you must be burning more than you think.

I think a program would help. Easier to track your progress and strength gains. booneman77 has a modified PHAT program that is 5 or 6 days. I've been doing the 5 Day for a couple weeks and love it! He charges $5 for it since he spent his time modifying it and he's happy to help with questions. I'm not trying to push it, it's just a program I'm using and can recommend from personal experience.

LordGunz

Awards
Well about a pound a week.. Was shooting for half pound a week. Thank you for that reccomendation.. I might take you up on that. I bring a notebook with me to the gym to record my lifts and add weight or reps the next week. I really appreciate your help my friend

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
No worries. Well that's pretty good man. I bring a notebook as well. I love it. Keeps me nice and focused

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So are you suggesting maybe 2700 to 2800? I just want to get big contemplating prohormones but worried about side effects. Also will I increase in weight still.. If I lower the calories. Also I have only gained 4 pounds in a month
You haven't really given natural means a fair chance yet. I would focus on training consistently for at least another year and reassessing where you are. Are you using any supplements currently?

APC80

APC80

Awards
Agree with this. I'm just under 5'9" and can't ever see myself getting to 200 naturally without having a good bit of fat. Bulk to something like 180lbs your first time

LordGunz

Awards
You haven't really given natural means a fair chance yet. I would focus on training consistently for at least another year and reassessing where you are. Are you using any supplements currently?
Just whey protein so far and good point that's another reason not to do them yet.

LordGunz

Awards
Agree with this. I'm just under 5'9" and can't ever see myself getting to 200 naturally without having a good bit of fat. Bulk to something like 180lbs your first time
I was planning on bulking for a year and see where I was at from there

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
I think the best advice here is to find a plan that fits your goal. I used to do what your doing, but found way better gains in the lately on a set plan. There are a lot out there and don't know much about the PHAT program, but a lot of people do rave about it.
Just my opinion
Good luck

LordGunz

Awards
I think the best advice here is to find a plan that fits your goal. I used to do what your doing, but found way better gains in the lately on a set plan. There are a lot out there and don't know much about the PHAT program, but a lot of people do rave about it.
Just my opinion
Good luck
I will surely look into that now people keep mentioning it. So you advise to keep lean bulking as well?

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
That's what I would do seeing your picks and how much weight you are putting up. I like the advice of minimum calories over maintenance to see gains. You could lose body fat and add muscle probably pretty easy at this point of the game.

LordGunz

Awards
That's what I would do seeing your picks and how much weight you are putting up. I like the advice of minimum calories over maintenance to see gains. You could lose body fat and add muscle probably pretty easy at this point of the game.
Thanks man I will look into PHAT as others have mentioned my chest already feels thicker over a month ago. Weights have been going up good to

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
More reason to keep rocking the weights then. Once you start seeing results it's so addictive. Make a plan and stay the course, but plans can always be tweaked.

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
You should look into adding in assass1nate to your supplement arsenal. It will help you utilize your carbs better. GNO

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just whey protein so far and good point that's another reason not to do them yet.
I would stick with the basics for now and grab some creatine or a product like Ergonine which will supply several staples to help get you headed in the right direction.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, consider starting a log on here. You can share your diet and training logs and we're more than happy to help you fine-tune them.

APC80

APC80

Awards
I was planning on bulking for a year and see where I was at from there
If you're 200lbs in a years time that's 30lb of mass and you'll be lucky if half of it's muscle. Just don't bulk too fast is all I'm saying as it's disheartening when you have to cut for an extended period. Trust me I've done it, creeping fat gain is hard to notice on yourself.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
If you're 200lbs in a years time that's 30lb of mass and you'll be lucky if half of it's muscle. Just don't bulk too fast is all I'm saying as it's disheartening when you have to cut for an extended period. Trust me I've done it, creeping fat gain is hard to notice on yourself.
Wise words! Better to go up slow than to have to cut all that fat. I just got fat and up to 218 lbs and losing all that fat sucked!

LordGunz

Awards
Thanks fellas I did shoulders and traps today.. Ovh press is at 85 x 7 now.. So I am getting stronger which means muscle? I will reduce my calories next week by 200 to 300 and see how that goes. I don't want to by on more fat just more muscle

Sniper9191

Sniper9191

Awards
Those guys are right on. I am the same height as you and got fat and was up to 200lbs and went on the keto diet and now am 177. During that time I put on decent muscle as well. Would have been nice to just slowly clean bulk.
Live and learn
Now I know myself as well

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks fellas I did shoulders and traps today.. Ovh press is at 85 x 7 now.. So I am getting stronger which means muscle? I will reduce my calories next week by 200 to 300 and see how that goes. I don't want to by on more fat just more muscle
Are you doing any cardio or is it all weight training?

LordGunz

Awards
Weight training I did like only 15 minutes cardio this whole month.. But I am on my feet for 40 hours a week

APC80

APC80

Awards
Weight training I did like only 15 minutes cardio this whole month.. But I am on my feet for 40 hours a week
Don't worry mate I didn't do any cardio whatsoever all winter bulking I don't think it's helpful if you're trying to put on size. Suppose some may find it keeps the fat off a bit but if you're diets good you shouldn't get overly fat. Nothing a 2 month cut won't take care of anyway.

LordGunz

Awards
Ill be straight forward I don't like cardio loll. I Just want to bulk for a year very slowly and see where im at. Its a long journey and I am taking it very seriously now where I wasn't 2 yeara ago. I would drink pop all day and disnt care about nutrition but lifted. I am very dedicated now. It gives me great happiness and purpose

Angrypolak

Angrypolak

Awards
If you are serious about making gains, I see two things you need: a good idea of your maintenance calories and a good routine.

If you aren't already tracking your calories and your macros, it's the FIRST thing you should do. How can you clean bulk (which is where you gain maximum muscle and minimum fat) if you don't know how many calories you need to do so?

Download a calorie tracker app if you don't already have one (I use MyFitnessPal--it's free). It'll have you input your age, height, and weight. Then it'll tell you roughly how many calories you should eat a day. For macros, aim for 150g protein and split the rest 50/50 between carbs and fat.

For a routine, I'd recommend a 5x5 program like starting strength. It may seem silly dropping your bench back down to 45lb (it's where you start), but the weight will go up FAST. It focuses on building a foundation of strength, but you'll gain muscle too. Once you get to where you can bench your body weight for reps and squat 1.5x your body weight for reps, you'll be ready to make the most of s hypertrophy program (PHAT is good and popular).

Back to the calorie tracking. Your first week, set your calories to maintain weight. The app is a best guess, so you need to hone that in. If you lose weight, go up 200 calories and try again for a week. If you gain, drop 200. Once you have a week where your weight doesn't change, you know your maintenance levels. From there, you can bulk or cut. I've had great luck doing 8 week lean bulks (+250 calories) and 4 week cuts (-500 calories). For me that cycle minimizes fat gains (bulking) and muscle losses (cutting).

I started with a build very similar to yours and spent nearly two years making little progress because I did what you currently are, guessed at my calories and didn't follow a solid routine (I even logged my lifts like you're doing). So I'm suggesting all this being just a bit further down a similar path. So I hope you find it helpful.

Sdog77

Sdog77

Awards
  • Established
You have 2 great advantages right now OP.

1 - Being you are just getting back to lifting/diet/muscle building, you will benefit from noob gains for a long while ahead. Think of yourself as an anabolic seed about to sprout

2 - If you had any progress a few years back, you will also benefit by having muscle memory.

These two factors together, you should see very quick and encouraging progress.

I myself had a 15 yr. layoff up until lastyear (May 1st 2016 as a matter of fact), and I experienced firsthand this process.

Here's my suggestion.

Eat cleanly 200-300 above maintenance daily, train hard, heavy, but most importantly very strict ROM.

I would do maybe a 2 on 1 off routine, spitting bodyparts to hit 1-2 per week per part.

Cardio at target heart rate 4-5 times per week at 20-30 min. per.

You should see LBM gains that happen pretty quickly and you will actually grow into your calories. Fat should be at a minimum, but don't freak out if thats what you see first.

Just remember, changes happen from the inside-out.

Always look for opportunity to tweek your diet/program.

LordGunz

Awards
If you are serious about making gains, I see two things you need: a good idea of your maintenance calories and a good routine.

If you aren't already tracking your calories and your macros, it's the FIRST thing you should do. How can you clean bulk (which is where you gain maximum muscle and minimum fat) if you don't know how many calories you need to do so?

Download a calorie tracker app if you don't already have one (I use MyFitnessPal--it's free). It'll have you input your age, height, and weight. Then it'll tell you roughly how many calories you should eat a day. For macros, aim for 150g protein and split the rest 50/50 between carbs and fat.

For a routine, I'd recommend a 5x5 program like starting strength. It may seem silly dropping your bench back down to 45lb (it's where you start), but the weight will go up FAST. It focuses on building a foundation of strength, but you'll gain muscle too. Once you get to where you can bench your body weight for reps and squat 1.5x your body weight for reps, you'll be ready to make the most of s hypertrophy program (PHAT is good and popular).

Back to the calorie tracking. Your first week, set your calories to maintain weight. The app is a best guess, so you need to hone that in. If you lose weight, go up 200 calories and try again for a week. If you gain, drop 200. Once you have a week where your weight doesn't change, you know your maintenance levels. From there, you can bulk or cut. I've had great luck doing 8 week lean bulks (+250 calories) and 4 week cuts (-500 calories). For me that cycle minimizes fat gains (bulking) and muscle losses (cutting).

I started with a build very similar to yours and spent nearly two years making little progress because I did what you currently are, guessed at my calories and didn't follow a solid routine (I even logged my lifts like you're doing). So I'm suggesting all this being just a bit further down a similar path. So I hope you find it helpful.
I am tracking everything I use iffym but I eat 80 percent clean about 3000 calories and I am looking into PHAT since alto ofpeople are telling me to check it out. Thanks for your help