Charity Challenge and Accountability Thread

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. Charity Challenge and Accountability Thread

Good Afternoon Everyone! A lot of us on here are always trying to find some external source of motivation. What do we do when no competitions looming or other things to keep us motivated and accountable. Often we will find sponsored logs, challenges or transformation contests to help motivate us. I think these are all great!

However I have noticed that sometimes that people are way to easy to up and walk away from a challenge or competition. Especially online where the pride doesn't take as big of a hit. You walk out on a challenge online there will be another one soon and no one will really hold you accountable for skipping out. Well I am hoping this thread can change some of that for us. At least for the next 3 months anyway.

In an effort to make this challenge mean something a little more to anyone who is willing to get in on it I wanted to give it more meaning. This is what I came up with. Each of us will make a pledge that we will achieve our MEASURABLE goals by 8/1/2017! If we do not achieve ALL of the goals we set for ourselves we will donate $100.00 to the charity of our choosing. If money is tight you can choose the option of volunteering for no less than 4 hours at the charity of your choosing. You will be required to show proof of the donation via receipt, or time spent volunteering via something on Charity letterhead stating you completed 4 hours of volunteering in order to be able to hold your head high and look at yourself in the mirror for having integrity!!! Not following through on something like this would really define you as an ass clown if you did not stick to your word!!!

I am hoping that will be enough motivation for everyone to stick to it and either help themselves, or be forced to help someone else via charity if you fail to meet your goals.

This way no matter what happens something positive comes out of it.

Secondly the rules of the challenge are that we will have 3 basic areas for goals to be made in. You can choose one, or something in all three areas which is what I chose to do.
    The three areas are
    Physique Based Goals - specific goals, aka lose 10lbs, make abs visible, things that are measurable in a pass / fail kind of way.
    Performance Based Goals - Increase bench or squat by X amount of pounds, run a mile nonstop, or in X amount of time, do 100 push ups non-stop.
    Self Accountability Goals Workout X amount of times a week, prep food & meet macros for X amount of meals or X percent of meals met.

I will post up my goals and whatnot as an example. Lets keep them pass or fail type of things. Something that can be measured or visibly obvious. Like I will keep track of how many meals I am supposed to eat total an put X on the meals I missed or did not get close to the macros. At the end I can take the total number of X's and divide by the total number of meals and get my % of adherence. Same with training session met or completed.

The Pledge - I will meet the requirements I have made for myself by 8/1/2017, and will have others in the AnabolicMinds community verify I have met my Physique and Performance Based Goals. I will also show documentation supporting at least 80% adherence for any and all Self Accountability goals I set for myself. If I am not able to complete all of these goals by the end date of 8/1/2017 I will either donate $100 or volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours at a charity of my choosing. I will provide documentation of the donation, or volunteering by posting my receipt, or something with the charity letterhead on it stating I volunteered for a minimum of 4 hours.

I invite any and all interested to join in on this. It is an opportunity to help yourself and or others. I would like as many people as will follow along on this to get in on it. The idea is simple post up your measurable goals, and add the pledge above to the post. We will all kind of keep each other going and motivated in here. You do not have to log here but can if you want too. However progress updates in here would be great and spur some conversation and support. If you want to, place a link to your log if you want others to follow along. At the end we will go through and look at the goals and the updates and see who succeeded in all of their goals, and who needs to donate or volunteer. At that point each person who donates will post up that they have with a receipt then we can add up all of the money and know how much we were able to raise, and that collectively we have improved not only our own but others lives as well.

Okay let's get to making the world a better place starting with ourselves!!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

2. The challenge will go until 8/1/17 -
    Physique Based Goals -
    Recomposition!!!!
    My goals are to lean up, rebuild some muscle due to muscle memory, and increase my conditioning to the point that my abs are visible in pictures when flexed.

Performance Based Goals -
    Run 1 mile non-stop, real running though, not on a treadmill where your posterior chain is getting a free ride. Recently I attempted and did not even come close. I hate distance running so a mile is as far as I am willing to commit too. Once I can do that I will work on bringing my time down.
    Pull Ups - I want to be able to do 10 pull ups in a row. Right now pull up strength is in the dumps and my elbow hurts when I push them a bit so just working up to 10 in that time frame while dealing with injury sounds like it makes sense to me. If the injury proves too much for the training I will change that to 15 Chin ups in a row.

Self Accountability Goals -
    Weight Training
    - No less than 3 resistance training sessions each week!
    1 Mile Run - Once a week minimum, 1.5 miles if on treadmill due to weather
    GPP & or Conditioning Complex Training - Once a week - Sled, Battle Ropes, Calisthenics, Weighted Carries, Sand Bags, Speed & Agility training
    Feeder Sets - I will do feeder sets, or BFR training for my shoulders and arms at least twice during the week.
    Nutrition - I will plan and or prep my meals and hit my nutritional target ranges for at least 80% of my meals throughout the week.

Just like I do with my children I am going to hold myself to an 80% pass / fail line. If I am lower than 80% on these accountability goals then I did not attain my goals even if I managed to hit every other target I failed at the intended execution of the plan which is also part of the improvement process.

Basically I am going to make a template with these goals and a check list. For each meal I miss I will get an X, and at the end of the challenge I will count my X's and divide by the total meals, workouts or whatever to see what my percentage is. If not at least an 80% for each Accountability subsection at the end of the time I have failed to meet the requirements and must honor my pledge!!!!

The Pledge - I will meet the requirements I have made for myself by 8/1/2017, and will have others in the AnabolicMinds community verify I have met my Physique and Performance Based Goals. I will also show documentation supporting at least 80% adherence for any and all Self Accountability goals I set for myself. If I am not able to complete all of these goals by the end date of 8/1/2017 I will either donate $100 or volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours at a charity of my choosing. I will provide documentation of the donation, or volunteering by posting my receipt, or something with the charity letterhead on it stating I volunteered for a minimum of 4 hours.

My Accountability goals will start being recorded Monday 5/1/2017.
    Current Training Log -
    •   

3. @FireTitan @SFreed @ryane87 @habajaba @justhere4comm @rtmilbueline438 @angcd3 @BEAST73 @mmorso @Cjg @bighulksmash @booneman77 @thebigt @hairygrandpa @alphagainz @Clean gene @ZOO@jramoska @CJNator @wesb2387 @Tank999 @DennisTheDane @Danes @SpicedCider @Juicedeez utz @Alpha1agreda @LeanEngineer @coltonwalker @Brandinooooo @Sparkss @Studhorse @vujade @Volvo140G @Chuck Diesel @Ag5000 @lifted67 @HIT4ME @Gutterpump @blueline438 @halfhuman@ChocolateClen @matt8483 @nostrum420 oo @NewAgeMayan @DUbz86 @sparks2012 @nicksox15 @WAF @BloodManor @blueline438 @smith_69 @blueline438 @Jebrook @halfhuman @matt8483 @nostrum420 @Kaprice @love2liftkat @kenpoengineer @wasme @jimbuick @DreamWeaver @BigRed1974

I know there are a lot more people I think would do well with this but I just can't think of names right now. I just copied this list from someone else's thread that know a lot of the same group I do. If you see anyone missing feel free to add.
    Current Training Log -

4. nice challenge Klean

I will give this some thought, and post up my pledge...!!!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

*This Space Available. Rep 4 Hire

5. Physique Based Goals Get my weight to 205 without going over 15% body fat.

Performance Based Goals Be able to bench 200 for multiple reps consistently..

Self Accountability Goals Prep food for 1 month consistantly.

I fccking love this idea. I'm in. I will gladly donate $100 or 4 hour a of my time and show proof.

Great idea bro! Any ideas on which charity to pick? Ill be choosing ASPCA or something of that nature here.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Physique Based Goals Get my weight to 205 without going over 15% body fat.

Performance Based Goals Be able to bench 200 for multiple reps consistently..

Self Accountability Goals Prep food for 1 month consistantly.

I fccking love this idea. I'm in. I will gladly donate $100 or 4 hour a of my time and show proof.

Great idea bro! Any ideas on which charity to pick? Ill be choosing ASPCA or something of that nature here.
    I am thinking of finding a good MS Charity, or ASPCA, maybe something for Special Olympics. That or possibly even donate $100 to getting this young man I know to the World Bench Press Competition. He has Down Syndrome and is trying to raise money for the trip so he can compete against people with no handicaps that are the best in the world. If I choose that I will show my donation there as well. I do see that as charity even if not through an organization.
    Current Training Log -

7. Whoa. I thought I had some long posts. I am tired just thinking about the work you did just writing that. Not a knock...More of a compliment. Well planned post.

I am in. Like the charity angle and making it real. I need to give this some thought over the next day or so.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    I am thinking of finding a good MS Charity, or ASPCA, maybe something for Special Olympics. That or possibly even donate $100 to getting this young man I know to the World Bench Press Competition. He has Down Syndrome and is trying to raise money for the trip so he can compete against people with no handicaps that are the best in the world. If I choose that I will show my donation there as well. I do see that as charity even if not through an organization.
    Wow I am digging your friend man! That's awesome! I hope he gets there!

9. Subbed.

I'll figure something to post for goals later tonight or tomorrow.

10. I am so in!! LOVE the idea! I will post up my goals soon!
    The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:28b-29
  11. Charity Challenge and Accountability Thread

Hello Kleen,

I am rather new here (since November 2016), but I have been involved with winning some sups for log and have posted up my own logs with pictures and progress!. I think this is a great idea and I have thrown away $100 on stupid sh*t in the past. haha So I am in!

Physique Based Goals - reduce love handles completely or at least to a not so pronounced shape!
    Performance Based Goals (1/2) - Bench Press: do more than 1 rep of 225 lbs (I have never done this before) current max is 205lbs
    Performance Based Goals (2/2) - Deadlift: my current deadlift max is at 315 lbs x 2.. I want to be realistic and say that by 8/1/2017 I will do 1rep max 365 lbs.

Accountability goals start now. Here is my current log
    Mowgli throws away the Ugly Sweater and gets PHAT AF

12. subbed... great thread

13. This is awesome Kleen! I love this idea. I may have to do this but for personal things instead of the gym. Lol. In for support
    Vein Nutrition Forum Rep IG-The_One_BD438
    https://www.veinnutrition.com/
    Use code Blue10 for 10% off your order

14. In for support

15. Wow - this is great!
    I'm in with:
    3 weight training workouts a week-minimum
    Get below 245lbs - at least
    Stay in ketosis - 6 out of 7 days a week
    My personal charity of choice would be the local volunteer food bank.
    My accountability as of yesterday:
    Tank Going All Out.....again!

16. @MrKleen73 this is outstanding! @HIT4ME told me about it and I just found it this morning. I am IN!! My measurable goal for this? Being that I am increasing my muscle and losing body fat I cant really count on a weight loss goal. So I have one goal for sure...and thinking of another. Ive been cutting for a while but havent SEEN what I want to see. So my initial goal? I WANT DEM ABS!!! I want to have visible abs. If not...I will donate my $100 bill to the North Carolina Fallen Firefighters Foundation as it is VERY dear to me! Let me think on the possibility of a bench press goal and get back with you guys. Good luck to everyone that jumps in on this!
    Use rep code "FireTitan"
    [email protected]
    www.rxssupplements.com

17. Quote Originally Posted by Mowglisml View Post
    Hello Kleen,

I am rather new here (since November 2016), but I have been involved with winning some sups for log and have posted up my own logs with pictures and progress!. I think this is a great idea and I have thrown away $100 on stupid sh*t in the past. haha So I am in!

Physique Based Goals - reduce love handles completely or at least to a not so pronounced shape!
    Performance Based Goals (1/2) - Bench Press: do more than 1 rep of 225 lbs (I have never done this before) current max is 205 lbs. Deadlift: my current deadlift max is at 315 lbs x 2.. I want to be realistic and say that by 8/1/2017 I will do 1rep max 365 lbs.
    Performance Based Goals (2/2) - Deadlift: my current deadlift max is at 315 lbs x 2.. I want to be realistic and say that by 8/1/2017 I will do 1rep max 365 lbs.

Accountability goals start now. Here is my current log
    Mowgli throws away the Ugly Sweater and gets PHAT AF
    Awesome, and I am on my way to subbing your log as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorso View Post
    subbed... great thread
    Quote Originally Posted by blueline438 View Post
    This is awesome Kleen! I love this idea. I may have to do this but for personal things instead of the gym. Lol. In for support
    Absolutely! Get in on it, anything you want to improve, even if it is be more productive at work, only yell at the kids twice a week, take a cooking class, quit smoking, whatever it is you want to improve that you can place a measurement / pass fail to will work with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank999 View Post
    Wow - this is great!
    I'm in with:
    3 weight training workouts a week-minimum
    Get below 245lbs - at least
    Stay in ketosis - 6 out of 7 days a week
    My personal charity of choice would be the local volunteer food bank.
    My accountability as of yesterday:
    Tank Going All Out.....again!
    Awesome glad to have you in! Will be following along in the log!
    Quote Originally Posted by FireTitan View Post
    @MrKleen73 this is outstanding! @HIT4ME told me about it and I just found it this morning. I am IN!! My measurable goal for this? Being that I am increasing my muscle and losing body fat I cant really count on a weight loss goal. So I have one goal for sure...and thinking of another. Ive been cutting for a while but havent SEEN what I want to see. So my initial goal? I WANT DEM ABS!!! I want to have visible abs. If not...I will donate my $100 bill to the North Carolina Fallen Firefighters Foundation as it is VERY dear to me! Let me think on the possibility of a bench press goal and get back with you guys. Good luck to everyone that jumps in on this!
    You can do it man! You are so close already. This will be the thing that gets you there.

It is awesome to see so many people already joining in and getting excited about their goals and or the fact they will be helping someone should they fail. Realistically I imagine some of us will probably donate even if we hit our goals. I imagine I will regardless just to pay out for the rewards I have given myself by being a better version of me. Hoping we have a lot of success but also that we can raise some money for a few charities as well.
    Current Training Log -

18. Great idea here! I have some ideas, just need to post official goals. Very awesome!
    It's Bea, fcker. Bea Mother****ing Arthur. Dammit........lol

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Awesome, and I am on my way to subbing your log as well!

Absolutely! Get in on it, anything you want to improve, even if it is be more productive at work, only yell at the kids twice a week, take a cooking class, quit smoking, whatever it is you want to improve that you can place a measurement / pass fail to will work with this.

Awesome glad to have you in! Will be following along in the log!

You can do it man! You are so close already. This will be the thing that gets you there.

It is awesome to see so many people already joining in and getting excited about their goals and or the fact they will be helping someone should they fail. Realistically I imagine some of us will probably donate even if we hit our goals. I imagine I will regardless just to pay out for the rewards I have given myself by being a better version of me. Hoping we have a lot of success but also that we can raise some money for a few charities as well.
    I'm gonna go ahead and say that of I don't reach all 3 goals then I will donate the $100. If I DO, then I will donate 4 hours to the same charity. So either way I'll be giving back.
    @ryane87 and @FireTitan glad to see you guys in here!

20. Great idea MrKleen! It's awesome to think how many others will be benefiting from this challenge! I've spent the last few days alone in the woods, which always gets me to thinking and questioning myself, so I'll have to come up with my goals. Definitely in on this though
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

21. I'm in -but will wait after my surgeries before I commit to it.

It's just postponed -not ruled out!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

22. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    I'm in -but will wait after my surgeries before I commit to it.

It's just postponed -not ruled out!
    Makes sense to me, I definitely don't blame you. Hey you can join in when you want to, just make your goals for the remainder of the challenge. Only caveat is no restarts once you are in, you are committed.
    Current Training Log -

23. ok @MrKlean73 here's my Goals....!

Physique Based Goals - need to lose 13lbs that I gained in the last year and half 2016.
    I did a cycle of LGD on a cut, and ended up gaining instead of losing, and now Ive really had
    a hard time losing it. Seems like my metabolism is out of whack now. Currently weight 173.3lbs

Performance Based Goals - Not looking for increase the amount of weight lifted, Ive done
    that in my younger years. Now my performance goals revolve around endurance & flexibility. Im
    really Looking to increase my muscle endurance so that I can workout longer, and add in some
    new training routines that will help me in my other sports related activities that I participate in.

Self Accountability Goals My diet is pretty on point, but I will hold myself accountable to
    make it to the gym a minimum of 4 times per week. I also will make an effort to start doing at
    least 2 mornings of fasted cardio now that I live in a facility that has its own gym downstairs,
    it will be easier then having to drive to the gym each morning.

If I don't meet this challenge, I will donate $100 or 4 hours of my time to my favorite non-profit.

24. Quote Originally Posted by vujade View Post
    ok @MrKlean73 here's my Goals....!

Physique Based Goals - need to lose 13lbs that I gained in the last year and half 2016.
    I did a cycle of LGD on a cut, and ended up gaining instead of losing, and now Ive really had
    a hard time losing it. Seems like my metabolism is out of whack now.

Performance Based Goals - Not looking for increase the amount of weight lifted, Ive done
    that in my younger years. Now my performance goals revolve around endurance & flexibility. Im
    really Looking to increase my muscle endurance so that I can workout longer, and add in some
    new training routines that will help me in my other sports related activities that I participate in.

Self Accountability Goals My diet is pretty on point, but I will hold myself accountable to
    make it to the gym a minimum of 4 times per week. I also will make an effort to start doing at
    least 2 mornings of fasted cardio now that I live in a facility that has its own gym downstairs,
    it will be easier then having to drive to the gym each morning.

If I don't meet this challenge, I will donate $100 or 4 hours of my time to my favorite non-profit.
    Where da fuq have you been? Seems like I haven't talked to you in months

25. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Where da fuq have you been? Seems like I haven't talked to you in months
    Im here..!

Just been busy with work, and also had to move this past month. My AM time has been
    more limited lately, but I'm hoping this challenge will help with that as well. Maybe I will do a log

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 05:08 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 07:28 PM
  3. LegalGear - CycleShield - Update and Tester Thread
    By LG Sciences in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 10:26 AM
  4. Another thanx for teh shirt and samples thread...
    By xjsynx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 06:43 PM