MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good Afternoon Everyone! A lot of us on here are always trying to find some external source of motivation. What do we do when no competitions looming or other things to keep us motivated and accountable. Often we will find sponsored logs, challenges or transformation contests to help motivate us. I think these are all great!

However I have noticed that sometimes that people are way to easy to up and walk away from a challenge or competition. Especially online where the pride doesn't take as big of a hit. You walk out on a challenge online there will be another one soon and no one will really hold you accountable for skipping out. Well I am hoping this thread can change some of that for us. At least for the next 3 months anyway.

In an effort to make this challenge mean something a little more to anyone who is willing to get in on it I wanted to give it more meaning. This is what I came up with. Each of us will make a pledge that we will achieve our MEASURABLE goals by 8/1/2017! If we do not achieve ALL of the goals we set for ourselves we will donate $100.00 to the charity of our choosing. If money is tight you can choose the option of volunteering for no less than 4 hours at the charity of your choosing. You will be required to show proof of the donation via receipt, or time spent volunteering via something on Charity letterhead stating you completed 4 hours of volunteering in order to be able to hold your head high and look at yourself in the mirror for having integrity!!! Not following through on something like this would really define you as an ass clown if you did not stick to your word!!!

I am hoping that will be enough motivation for everyone to stick to it and either help themselves, or be forced to help someone else via charity if you fail to meet your goals.

This way no matter what happens something positive comes out of it.

Secondly the rules of the challenge are that we will have 3 basic areas for goals to be made in. You can choose one, or something in all three areas which is what I chose to do.
The three areas are
Physique Based Goals - specific goals, aka lose 10lbs, make abs visible, things that are measurable in a pass / fail kind of way.
Performance Based Goals - Increase bench or squat by X amount of pounds, run a mile nonstop, or in X amount of time, do 100 push ups non-stop.
Self Accountability Goals Workout X amount of times a week, prep food & meet macros for X amount of meals or X percent of meals met.

I will post up my goals and whatnot as an example. Lets keep them pass or fail type of things. Something that can be measured or visibly obvious. Like I will keep track of how many meals I am supposed to eat total an put X on the meals I missed or did not get close to the macros. At the end I can take the total number of X's and divide by the total number of meals and get my % of adherence. Same with training session met or completed.

The Pledge - I will meet the requirements I have made for myself by 8/1/2017, and will have others in the AnabolicMinds community verify I have met my Physique and Performance Based Goals. I will also show documentation supporting at least 80% adherence for any and all Self Accountability goals I set for myself. If I am not able to complete all of these goals by the end date of 8/1/2017 I will either donate $100 or volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours at a charity of my choosing. I will provide documentation of the donation, or volunteering by posting my receipt, or something with the charity letterhead on it stating I volunteered for a minimum of 4 hours.

I invite any and all interested to join in on this. It is an opportunity to help yourself and or others. I would like as many people as will follow along on this to get in on it. The idea is simple post up your measurable goals, and add the pledge above to the post. We will all kind of keep each other going and motivated in here. You do not have to log here but can if you want too. However progress updates in here would be great and spur some conversation and support. If you want to, place a link to your log if you want others to follow along. At the end we will go through and look at the goals and the updates and see who succeeded in all of their goals, and who needs to donate or volunteer. At that point each person who donates will post up that they have with a receipt then we can add up all of the money and know how much we were able to raise, and that collectively we have improved not only our own but others lives as well.

Okay let's get to making the world a better place starting with ourselves!!!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The challenge will go until 8/1/17 -
Physique Based Goals -
Recomposition!!!!
My goals are to lean up, rebuild some muscle due to muscle memory, and increase my conditioning to the point that my abs are visible in pictures when flexed.

Performance Based Goals -
Run 1 mile non-stop, real running though, not on a treadmill where your posterior chain is getting a free ride. Recently I attempted and did not even come close. I hate distance running so a mile is as far as I am willing to commit too. Once I can do that I will work on bringing my time down.
Pull Ups - I want to be able to do 10 pull ups in a row. Right now pull up strength is in the dumps and my elbow hurts when I push them a bit so just working up to 10 in that time frame while dealing with injury sounds like it makes sense to me. If the injury proves too much for the training I will change that to 15 Chin ups in a row.

Self Accountability Goals -
Weight Training
- No less than 3 resistance training sessions each week!
1 Mile Run - Once a week minimum, 1.5 miles if on treadmill due to weather
GPP & or Conditioning Complex Training - Once a week - Sled, Battle Ropes, Calisthenics, Weighted Carries, Sand Bags, Speed & Agility training
Feeder Sets - I will do feeder sets, or BFR training for my shoulders and arms at least twice during the week.
Nutrition - I will plan and or prep my meals and hit my nutritional target ranges for at least 80% of my meals throughout the week.

Just like I do with my children I am going to hold myself to an 80% pass / fail line. If I am lower than 80% on these accountability goals then I did not attain my goals even if I managed to hit every other target I failed at the intended execution of the plan which is also part of the improvement process.

Basically I am going to make a template with these goals and a check list. For each meal I miss I will get an X, and at the end of the challenge I will count my X's and divide by the total meals, workouts or whatever to see what my percentage is. If not at least an 80% for each Accountability subsection at the end of the time I have failed to meet the requirements and must honor my pledge!!!!

The Pledge - I will meet the requirements I have made for myself by 8/1/2017, and will have others in the AnabolicMinds community verify I have met my Physique and Performance Based Goals. I will also show documentation supporting at least 80% adherence for any and all Self Accountability goals I set for myself. If I am not able to complete all of these goals by the end date of 8/1/2017 I will either donate $100 or volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours at a charity of my choosing. I will provide documentation of the donation, or volunteering by posting my receipt, or something with the charity letterhead on it stating I volunteered for a minimum of 4 hours.

My Accountability goals will start being recorded Monday 5/1/2017.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
FireTitan SFreed ryane87 habajaba justhere4comm rtmilbueline438 @angcd3 @BEAST73 mmorso Cjg @bighulksmash booneman77 thebigt hairygrandpa @alphagainz Clean gene ZOO@jramoska CJNator wesb2387 Tank999 DennisTheDane Danes SpicedCider Juicedeez utz @Alpha1agreda LeanEngineer coltonwalker Brandinooooo Sparkss Studhorse vujade Volvo140G Chuck Diesel @Ag5000 lifted67 HIT4ME Gutterpump blueline438 halfhuman@ChocolateClen matt8483 nostrum420 oo NewAgeMayan DUbz86 sparks2012 nicksox15 WAF BloodManor blueline438 smith_69 blueline438 Jebrook halfhuman matt8483 nostrum420 Kaprice love2liftkat kenpoengineer wasme jimbuick DreamWeaver BigRed1974

I know there are a lot more people I think would do well with this but I just can't think of names right now. I just copied this list from someone else's thread that know a lot of the same group I do. If you see anyone missing feel free to add.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
nice challenge Klean :biggthumpup:

I will give this some thought, and post up my pledge...!!!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Physique Based Goals Get my weight to 205 without going over 15% body fat.

Performance Based Goals Be able to bench 200 for multiple reps consistently..

Self Accountability Goals Prep food for 1 month consistantly.

I fccking love this idea. I'm in. I will gladly donate $100 or 4 hour a of my time and show proof.

Great idea bro! Any ideas on which charity to pick? Ill be choosing ASPCA or something of that nature here.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I fccking love this idea. I'm in. I will gladly donate $100 or 4 hour a of my time and show proof.

Great idea bro! Any ideas on which charity to pick? Ill be choosing ASPCA or something of that nature here.
I am thinking of finding a good MS Charity, or ASPCA, maybe something for Special Olympics. That or possibly even donate $100 to getting this young man I know to the World Bench Press Competition. He has Down Syndrome and is trying to raise money for the trip so he can compete against people with no handicaps that are the best in the world. If I choose that I will show my donation there as well. I do see that as charity even if not through an organization.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Whoa. I thought I had some long posts. I am tired just thinking about the work you did just writing that. Not a knock...More of a compliment. Well planned post.

I am in. Like the charity angle and making it real. I need to give this some thought over the next day or so.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I am thinking of finding a good MS Charity, or ASPCA, maybe something for Special Olympics. That or possibly even donate $100 to getting this young man I know to the World Bench Press Competition. He has Down Syndrome and is trying to raise money for the trip so he can compete against people with no handicaps that are the best in the world. If I choose that I will show my donation there as well. I do see that as charity even if not through an organization.
Wow I am digging your friend man! That's awesome! I hope he gets there!

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Subbed.

I'll figure something to post for goals later tonight or tomorrow.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am so in!! LOVE the idea! I will post up my goals soon!

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hello Kleen,

I am rather new here (since November 2016), but I have been involved with winning some sups for log and have posted up my own logs with pictures and progress!. I think this is a great idea and I have thrown away $100 on stupid sh*t in the past. haha So I am in!

Physique Based Goals - reduce love handles completely or at least to a not so pronounced shape!
Performance Based Goals (1/2) - Bench Press: do more than 1 rep of 225 lbs (I have never done this before) current max is 205lbs
Performance Based Goals (2/2) - Deadlift: my current deadlift max is at 315 lbs x 2.. I want to be realistic and say that by 8/1/2017 I will do 1rep max 365 lbs.

Accountability goals start now. Here is my current log
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292128&referrer****253359

blueline438

blueline438

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This is awesome Kleen! I love this idea. I may have to do this but for personal things instead of the gym. Lol. In for support

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
MrKleen73 this is outstanding! HIT4ME told me about it and I just found it this morning. I am IN!! My measurable goal for this? Being that I am increasing my muscle and losing body fat I cant really count on a weight loss goal. So I have one goal for sure...and thinking of another. Ive been cutting for a while but havent SEEN what I want to see. So my initial goal? I WANT DEM ABS!!! I want to have visible abs. If not...I will donate my $100 bill to the North Carolina Fallen Firefighters Foundation as it is VERY dear to me! Let me think on the possibility of a bench press goal and get back with you guys. Good luck to everyone that jumps in on this!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hello Kleen,

I am rather new here (since November 2016), but I have been involved with winning some sups for log and have posted up my own logs with pictures and progress!. I think this is a great idea and I have thrown away $100 on stupid sh*t in the past. haha So I am in!

Physique Based Goals - reduce love handles completely or at least to a not so pronounced shape!
Performance Based Goals (1/2) - Bench Press: do more than 1 rep of 225 lbs (I have never done this before) current max is 205 lbs. Deadlift: my current deadlift max is at 315 lbs x 2.. I want to be realistic and say that by 8/1/2017 I will do 1rep max 365 lbs.
Performance Based Goals (2/2) - Deadlift: my current deadlift max is at 315 lbs x 2.. I want to be realistic and say that by 8/1/2017 I will do 1rep max 365 lbs.

Accountability goals start now. Here is my current log
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292128&referrer****253359
Awesome, and I am on my way to subbing your log as well!
subbed... great thread
This is awesome Kleen! I love this idea. I may have to do this but for personal things instead of the gym. Lol. In for support
Absolutely! Get in on it, anything you want to improve, even if it is be more productive at work, only yell at the kids twice a week, take a cooking class, quit smoking, whatever it is you want to improve that you can place a measurement / pass fail to will work with this.

Wow - this is great!
I'm in with:
3 weight training workouts a week-minimum
Get below 245lbs - at least
Stay in ketosis - 6 out of 7 days a week
My personal charity of choice would be the local volunteer food bank.
My accountability as of yesterday:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/292190-tank-going-all.html
Awesome glad to have you in! Will be following along in the log!
MrKleen73 this is outstanding! HIT4ME told me about it and I just found it this morning. I am IN!! My measurable goal for this? Being that I am increasing my muscle and losing body fat I cant really count on a weight loss goal. So I have one goal for sure...and thinking of another. Ive been cutting for a while but havent SEEN what I want to see. So my initial goal? I WANT DEM ABS!!! I want to have visible abs. If not...I will donate my $100 bill to the North Carolina Fallen Firefighters Foundation as it is VERY dear to me! Let me think on the possibility of a bench press goal and get back with you guys. Good luck to everyone that jumps in on this!
You can do it man! You are so close already. This will be the thing that gets you there.

It is awesome to see so many people already joining in and getting excited about their goals and or the fact they will be helping someone should they fail. Realistically I imagine some of us will probably donate even if we hit our goals. I imagine I will regardless just to pay out for the rewards I have given myself by being a better version of me. Hoping we have a lot of success but also that we can raise some money for a few charities as well.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
Great idea here! I have some ideas, just need to post official goals. Very awesome!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, and I am on my way to subbing your log as well!

Absolutely! Get in on it, anything you want to improve, even if it is be more productive at work, only yell at the kids twice a week, take a cooking class, quit smoking, whatever it is you want to improve that you can place a measurement / pass fail to will work with this.

Awesome glad to have you in! Will be following along in the log!

You can do it man! You are so close already. This will be the thing that gets you there.

It is awesome to see so many people already joining in and getting excited about their goals and or the fact they will be helping someone should they fail. Realistically I imagine some of us will probably donate even if we hit our goals. I imagine I will regardless just to pay out for the rewards I have given myself by being a better version of me. Hoping we have a lot of success but also that we can raise some money for a few charities as well.
I'm gonna go ahead and say that of I don't reach all 3 goals then I will donate the $100. If I DO, then I will donate 4 hours to the same charity. So either way I'll be giving back.
ryane87 and FireTitan glad to see you guys in here!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great idea MrKleen! It's awesome to think how many others will be benefiting from this challenge! I've spent the last few days alone in the woods, which always gets me to thinking and questioning myself, so I'll have to come up with my goals. Definitely in on this though

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm in -but will wait after my surgeries before I commit to it.

It's just postponed -not ruled out!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm in -but will wait after my surgeries before I commit to it.

It's just postponed -not ruled out!
Makes sense to me, I definitely don't blame you. Hey you can join in when you want to, just make your goals for the remainder of the challenge. Only caveat is no restarts once you are in, you are committed.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok MrKlean73 here's my Goals....! :biglaugh:

Physique Based Goals - need to lose 13lbs that I gained in the last year and half 2016.
I did a cycle of LGD on a cut, and ended up gaining instead of losing, and now Ive really had
a hard time losing it. Seems like my metabolism is out of whack now. Currently weight 173.3lbs

Performance Based Goals - Not looking for increase the amount of weight lifted, Ive done
that in my younger years. Now my performance goals revolve around endurance & flexibility. Im
really Looking to increase my muscle endurance so that I can workout longer, and add in some
new training routines that will help me in my other sports related activities that I participate in.

Self Accountability Goals My diet is pretty on point, but I will hold myself accountable to
make it to the gym a minimum of 4 times per week. I also will make an effort to start doing at
least 2 mornings of fasted cardio now that I live in a facility that has its own gym downstairs,
it will be easier then having to drive to the gym each morning.

If I don't meet this challenge, I will donate $100 or 4 hours of my time to my favorite non-profit.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established

Physique Based Goals - need to lose 13lbs that I gained in the last year and half 2016.
I did a cycle of LGD on a cut, and ended up gaining instead of losing, and now Ive really had
a hard time losing it. Seems like my metabolism is out of whack now.

Performance Based Goals - Not looking for increase the amount of weight lifted, Ive done
that in my younger years. Now my performance goals revolve around endurance & flexibility. Im
really Looking to increase my muscle endurance so that I can workout longer, and add in some
new training routines that will help me in my other sports related activities that I participate in.

Self Accountability Goals My diet is pretty on point, but I will hold myself accountable to
make it to the gym a minimum of 4 times per week. I also will make an effort to start doing at
least 2 mornings of fasted cardio now that I live in a facility that has its own gym downstairs,

If I don't meet this challenge, I will donate $100 or 4 hours of my time to my favorite non-profit.
Where da fuq have you been? Seems like I haven't talked to you in months

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where da fuq have you been? Seems like I haven't talked to you in months
Im here..! :biggthumpup:

Just been busy with work, and also had to move this past month. My AM time has been
more limited lately, but I'm hoping this challenge will help with that as well. Maybe I will do a log ;)

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Im here..! :biggthumpup:

Just been busy with work, and also had to move this past month. My AM time has been
more limited lately, but I'm hoping this challenge will help with that as well. Maybe I will do a log ;)
I understand that. I had to take a break from AM for a while as well due to work and the holidays.

You damn well better do a log.

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I understand that. I had to take a break from AM for a while as well due to work and the holidays.

You damn well better do a log.

You got it bro

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm gonna go ahead and say that of I don't reach all 3 goals then I will donate the $100. If I DO, then I will donate 4 hours to the same charity. So either way I'll be giving back.
ryane87 and FireTitan glad to see you guys in here!
You know it and you too!!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
First goal.. visible abs!! Im still working on my second goal..Im thinking 405 on bench but havent decided 100% yet
Fcck yeah! Your on the road to that one. I'm excited to see you get there after all this work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

a hard time losing it. Seems like my metabolism is out of whack now.

Awesome, for the physique based goal can you put your current weight or the goal weight so we have a measurable number to go off of.

On the Performance Based Goal - what will you use as a baseline? Do you have some sort of muscular endurance workout you can do now and again at the end to show you how much you have improved. Since muscular endurance maybe something like repeat rounds of 10 Pushup, 5 chin ups, and 135x10 on squats for 60 minutes. Count how many rounds you can do then decide how many more rounds you intend to be able to complete by the end.

Accountability is basically lift 4 times and do fasted cardio twice a week.

Just trying to figure a way to make the goals measurable. Obviously does not have to be my suggestions, those are just ideas.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
First goal.. visible abs!! Im still working on my second goal..Im thinking 405 on bench but havent decided 100% yet
After seeing the 365x1 I think 405 touch and go like you did with the 365. Otherwise I would go for 385x1 with a slight pause at the bottom. It would be more impressive to do the 385 with a slight pause in my opinion and also be safer for you overall.

As for accountability for you I would pick something nutritional. It seems to be your only thing that slips. You are dead on with getting training done almost religiously.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After seeing the 365x1 I think 405 touch and go like you did with the 365. Otherwise I would go for 385x1 with a slight pause at the bottom. It would be more impressive to do the 385 with a slight pause in my opinion and also be safer for you overall.

As for accountability for you I would pick something nutritional. It seems to be your only thing that slips. You are dead on with getting training done almost religiously.
The training definitely gets done. I have made it into a habit, one of which that really bothers me when "life" gets in the way. But I agree with you whole heartedly. So Im making an amendment to my initial goal. Thanks to you again...
#1- Visible abs! Ive worked hard to get to where Im at and I am no stranger to hard work..so bumping it up a few more notches wont hurt me!
#2-Dix my diet. I used to make excuses when I slipped up but thanks to a previous smack in the face by none other than MrKleen73 Ive taken ownership of my fails...but there is the problem...Im still failing from time to time. So no fails..find the issue and mitigate!!!
#3-bench press 385lbs WITH a pause at the bottom...that is more impressive to me as well. Much like the guy at the NFL combine that was at the bottom of the charts...watched everyone bench 500+ and then 225......about 50+ reps. It was much more impressive and shot him to the top of the list.
So there it is...and today is the official start of said goals!

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
The training definitely gets done. I have made it into a habit, one of which that really bothers me when "life" gets in the way. But I agree with you whole heartedly. So Im making an amendment to my initial goal. Thanks to you again...
#1- Visible abs! Ive worked hard to get to where Im at and I am no stranger to hard work..so bumping it up a few more notches wont hurt me!
#2-Dix my diet. I used to make excuses when I slipped up but thanks to a previous smack in the face by none other than MrKleen73 Ive taken ownership of my fails...but there is the problem...Im still failing from time to time. So no fails..find the issue and mitigate!!!
#3-bench press 385lbs WITH a pause at the bottom...that is more impressive to me as well. Much like the guy at the NFL combine that was at the bottom of the charts...watched everyone bench 500+ and then 225......about 50+ reps. It was much more impressive and shot him to the top of the list.
So there it is...and today is the official start of said goals!
Agreed. Much more impressive.

What weight are you sitting at right now? 210ish?

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
D@mn!!! Thats nice!! I think youre going to beat me to 200, Im good with it
Lol I don't know about that. This cycle is slow and steady. And you, well your a fcckin machine. So....

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome, for the physique based goal can you put your current weight or the goal weight so we have a measurable number to go off of.

On the Performance Based Goal - what will you use as a baseline? Do you have some sort of muscular endurance workout you can do now and again at the end to show you how much you have improved. Since muscular endurance maybe something like repeat rounds of 10 Pushup, 5 chin ups, and 135x10 on squats for 60 minutes. Count how many rounds you can do then decide how many more rounds you intend to be able to complete by the end.

Accountability is basically lift 4 times and do fasted cardio twice a week.

Just trying to figure a way to make the goals measurable. Obviously does not have to be my suggestions, those are just ideas.
Current weight is 173.3lbs

I will do some baseline measurements this coming week to establish current endurance levels

I updated my post with my weight.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established

I'm gonna change my bench goal to dumbbell press instead. Gonna aim for 75 multiple reps. I tried benching last night and it aggravated my shoulder.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Okay everyone how are you doing on pursuing those goals? I had a good one last night.

Diet has been on point this week! Some sort of training done each day so far. Also got my first "Chris, you look like you are losing weight, are you dieting again?" Which is awesome, that was just from the last week and a half where I started watching my intake a little closer. However I kept carbs lower than normal for the last 5 days and can see the water weight dropping off.

Here is a quote of the workout portion of my log. My log is listed in my Signature if anyone wants to follow.

Last night's workout was truly brutal!!!! My legs are already sore, hell they were hurting already when the workout was done.

Super Set 1 - rest 90 seconds
Deep SSB Squat - 155x3, 245x3, 295x3, 335x3, 335x3, 335x3, 335x3, 335x3, 335x3
- done with 1 second pause in bottom and 1 second flex at top
Squat Jumps - 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 - I have to say that after this superset my legs were just TOAST!!!! They hurt already then and I have DOMS now and that normally takes me about 24 hours.

Super Set 2 - rest 60 seconds
Hand Stand Push Ups - 8, 5, 5, 4, 5
- Hell Yeah!!!! I didn't even know if I could do these any more. I used my bar in the rack for balance but tried not to use it much.
Neutral Grip Ring Pull Ups, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4 - Working back up from injury. Should be able to get 10 on the first set within a month if things go well.

Complex 1 3 rounds - no rest
DB Swings x12
Bent Over Rows x12 each arm
Battle Ropes 50 reps, 2 movements 25 reps each

I was supposed to do 5 minutes sled work but my legs were honestly hurting, borderline cramping, and unstable from the squats. I felt something was going to seize up if I kept going. I am probably going to go ahead and get in some other type of cardio or GPP today to make up for it. I may go out at lunch to do it or maybe this evening.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay everyone how are you doing on pursuing those goals? I had a good one last night.

Diet has been on point this week! Some sort of training done each day so far. Also got my first "Chris, you look like you are losing weight, are you dieting again?" Which is awesome, that was just from the last week and a half where I started watching my intake a little closer. However I kept carbs lower than normal for the last 5 days and can see the water weight dropping off.

Here is a quote of the workout portion of my log. My log is listed in my Signature if anyone wants to follow.
Awesome! I am putting about 5 lbs increases per week to my bench and deads. Body wise, not too sure haven't compared. I do need to increase my calories though cuz this week so far has been going rough with strength (due to some family matters i didn't go grocery shopping)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! I am putting about 5 lbs increases per week to my bench and deads. Body wise, not too sure haven't compared. I do need to increase my calories though cuz this week so far has been going rough with strength (due to some family matters i didn't go grocery shopping)
Yeah, I know what you mean. We moved my Mother in law into the house to take care of her last month. She has MS so she can't to much of anything on her own, and has about a 3-5 year old mental capacity with serious short term memory loss. So home life has been turned upside down. That entire trip and the few weeks before it preparing for it was a lot of stress eating, and no lifting. So I really needed to do this to recommit and get back to where I need to be. Even last night while I was lifting I felt guilty for not being in there with them. Hell I actually had to stop my workout after my warm up because she had an accident and wet herself all over her clothes. So I had to go in and clean her up and get her in a new diaper and clothes. By the time I got back out I had to start my warm up back over. So yeah things are harder to do now but this challenge has me focused and willing to make the sacrifices to just get things done.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
I'm up to 190 as of yesterday. So I have 15lbs to go. I took a rest day yesterday and ill see where I'm at with the dumbbell press today. I won't be able to start prepping until Friday. But I will be posting pics of each prepped meal when I make it.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice showing each prepped meal huh, now that is dedication! Right now meal prep for me is very easy. I have macro ranges to meet for certain times of the day but right now for the most part it is predominantly protein and fats with a nice blast of peri workout carbs. I am not actually trying to cut much weight but to recomp a bit. Either way I want to get cals high enough for muscle memory to have the building blocks for regrowth but also low enough that I am consistently burning some fat.

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Nice showing each prepped meal huh, now that is dedication! Right now meal prep for me is very easy. I have macro ranges to meet for certain times of the day but right now for the most part it is predominantly protein and fats with a nice blast of peri workout carbs. I am not actually trying to cut much weight but to recomp a bit. Either way I want to get cals high enough for muscle memory to have the building blocks for regrowth but also low enough that I am consistently burning some fat.
Its the best way for me to hold myself accountable. Ill most likely be prepping 3 or 4 days each time.

I like to load on carbs before my sessions as well. I get sluggish if I don't.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
I have 7lbs left to my initial goal weight. I've been strictly sticking to keto. I haven't missed a workout yet (if I have to travel, I might have to switch to bodyweight and bands workout...).
So I'm still on track.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Its the best way for me to hold myself accountable. Ill most likely be prepping 3 or 4 days each time.

I like to load on carbs before my sessions as well. I get sluggish if I don't.
I do as well and if my focus was performance right now I would do so. However with the goal being fat loss I will just continue with aminos until I lean up a bit more. When the focus is more performance based I will add in about 50g of carbs 60-90 minutes before my workout. Right now I want to condition my body to burn the fat for energy first.
I have 7lbs left to my initial goal weight. I've been strictly sticking to keto. I haven't missed a workout yet (if I have to travel, I might have to switch to bodyweight and bands workout...).
So I'm still on track.
Well done!!!! Yeah but those bodyweight and band workouts can be awesome!!!!!