Charity Challenge and Accountability Thread

Page 3 of 3 First 123

  1. Yesterday I skipped a meal but spread the macros throughout the rest of the meals so I gave myself a 90% for the day on that. I still have not weighed myself but can tell by how my body is responding that I am leaning up. Shoulders seem to be filling out a bit as well. So far right on track in my opinion!

    How is everyone else doing?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html


  2. I'm more than halfway to my weight loss goal. My diet and workouts are on track. So I guess all is well. Oh, and I started putting in my volunteer hours anyway.....
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Tank999 View Post
    I'm more than halfway to my weight loss goal. My diet and workouts are on track. So I guess all is well. Oh, and I started putting in my volunteer hours anyway.....
    Bad ass!!!!
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  4. First prepped meal of the month.

    Slow Cooker Homemade Chicken and Dumplings

    Name:  20170511_233330.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  31.9 KBName:  20170511_235958.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  27.3 KB

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    First prepped meal of the month.

    Slow Cooker Homemade Chicken and Dumplings

    Name:  20170511_233330.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  31.9 KBName:  20170511_235958.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  27.3 KB
    Doggone......now I gotta make me some!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    First prepped meal of the month.

    Slow Cooker Homemade Chicken and Dumplings

    Name:  20170511_233330.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  31.9 KBName:  20170511_235958.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  27.3 KB
    What are the macros on that?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  7. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    What are the macros on that?
    I have no idea lol. I can count it when I get home. Probably something like 40/40/20 P/C/F.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    I have no idea lol. I can count it when I get home. Probably something like 40/40/20 P/C/F.
    So you are prepping your food just basically picking healthier options but not tracking the macros? Nothing wrong with that at all just curious if that is the basic idea you are going for?

    I make a meat heavy chili that I finally went and figured out the macros based off of everything I put in it and how many servings I want out of it. After looking at it I know why I do really well when I decide to go on a "chili diet" which is kind of what I do when I don't feel like tracking macros too much.

    The macros for it are 17 servings @ 27p, 9f, and 19c with 5g of that being fiber... that makes the macro ratio 40% protein, 31% fats and 29% carbs, with 25% of those carbs being fiber. Just right for a cut / recomp.

    If interested in seeing the recipe for this I have it shared on MyFitnessPal as CT's Turkey Chili. If you can't find that way look my profile up there it is same as on here.

    HMMM now I am thinking. CHILI!!!!!!!!!! I am prepping a pot this week!!!! I need to do the same workup for my white chicken chili to see what the macros are there.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  9. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    So you are prepping your food just basically picking healthier options but not tracking the macros? Nothing wrong with that at all just curious if that is the basic idea you are going for?

    I make a meat heavy chili that I finally went and figured out the macros based off of everything I put in it and how many servings I want out of it. After looking at it I know why I do really well when I decide to go on a "chili diet" which is kind of what I do when I don't feel like tracking macros too much.

    The macros for it are 17 servings @ 27p, 9f, and 19c with 5g of that being fiber... that makes the macro ratio 40% protein, 31% fats and 29% carbs, with 25% of those carbs being fiber. Just right for a cut / recomp.

    If interested in seeing the recipe for this I have it shared on MyFitnessPal as CT's Turkey Chili. If you can't find that way look my profile up there it is same as on here.

    HMMM now I am thinking. CHILI!!!!!!!!!! I am prepping a pot this week!!!! I need to do the same workup for my white chicken chili to see what the macros are there.
    Hahaha CHILI! Ill look it up on MFP.

    Yeah, I'm basically just counting calories right now. I'm doing a recomp/lean bulk and really don't feel like keeping track of all my macros right now. As long as they're clean and not high in fats, I'm ok with it.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Hahaha CHILI! Ill look it up on MFP.

    Yeah, I'm basically just counting calories right now. I'm doing a recomp/lean bulk and really don't feel like keeping track of all my macros right now. As long as they're clean and not high in fats, I'm ok with it.
    How are you tracking calories if you are not tracking macros? Not being a pain just curious how you would go about tracking calories without knowing the macros? If you don't know how many grams of each macro-nutrient are in a serving then how can you figure out the calories in them?
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  11. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    How are you tracking calories if you are not tracking macros? Not being a pain just curious how you would go about tracking calories without knowing the macros? If you don't know how many grams of each macro-nutrient are in a serving then how can you figure out the calories in them?
    You don't need the macros to get calories. I just look up the nutrition facts for each on Google and don't bother with anything except calories. When I am counting everything, I just use MyFitnessPal.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    You don't need the macros to get calories. I just look up the nutrition facts for each on Google and don't bother with anything except calories. When I am counting everything, I just use MyFitnessPal.
    Got ya, duh... I assumed since you were probably making your own recipe you were tracking ingredients separately.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Got ya, duh... I assumed since you were probably making your own recipe you were tracking ingredients separately.
    Lol. Normally I do. I create the recipe on MFP and input each ingredient and save it there. So when I make it in the future I can just select the recipe. But I just don't have the time for all of that right now.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Lol. Normally I do. I create the recipe on MFP and input each ingredient and save it there. So when I make it in the future I can just select the recipe. But I just don't have the time for all of that right now.
    Makes perfect sense to me!!! I often do a lifestyle diet and when paying attention can keep my abs intact. I have been too lax this year and they are gone. However I WILL have them back!

    Decided this past weekend that I am going to revamp my workout a bit, get rid of some of the super sets and what not while I am also teaching my daughter proper lifting form. So I need a bit slower pace, less exercises per day, and maybe move GPP type stuff to alternating days and only do lifting and whatnot on the designated lift days. I haven't written it up or decided just yet but things will be different starting with this evenings workout.

    As far as everything else goes, I was maintaining a high percentage of adherence but of course had a planned free day yesterday with the family. I ate a bit too much and of the wrong things. So I am feeling it a bit in the gut today, just a bit of shock from having so many carbs yesterday after keeping them pretty low recently. So as of right now I am not exactly looking as lean as I would like but will be right back where I should be within 2 days as the extra water and glycogen are depleted. Either way the progress has still been made and I am on track so far for my goals. The only thing I did not work on this last week was the one thing I HATE doing. That is working on that mile run!!!! UGGGHHHHH! I am a sprinter, anything over 200 is bollocks!!!! Oh well that one is going to be my hardest just purely for the fact I do not want to do it in the first place...
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  15. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Makes perfect sense to me!!! I often do a lifestyle diet and when paying attention can keep my abs intact. I have been too lax this year and they are gone. However I WILL have them back!

    Decided this past weekend that I am going to revamp my workout a bit, get rid of some of the super sets and what not while I am also teaching my daughter proper lifting form. So I need a bit slower pace, less exercises per day, and maybe move GPP type stuff to alternating days and only do lifting and whatnot on the designated lift days. I haven't written it up or decided just yet but things will be different starting with this evenings workout.

    As far as everything else goes, I was maintaining a high percentage of adherence but of course had a planned free day yesterday with the family. I ate a bit too much and of the wrong things. So I am feeling it a bit in the gut today, just a bit of shock from having so many carbs yesterday after keeping them pretty low recently. So as of right now I am not exactly looking as lean as I would like but will be right back where I should be within 2 days as the extra water and glycogen are depleted. Either way the progress has still been made and I am on track so far for my goals. The only thing I did not work on this last week was the one thing I HATE doing. That is working on that mile run!!!! UGGGHHHHH! I am a sprinter, anything over 200 is bollocks!!!! Oh well that one is going to be my hardest just purely for the fact I do not want to do it in the first place...
    Man, I hate running. I can do it, but I just hate it.

    You'll get them back bro! Nobody is perfect with their diet. No matter what lol. Besides, where's the fun in that?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Man, I hate running. I can do it, but I just hate it.

    You'll get them back bro! Nobody is perfect with their diet. No matter what lol. Besides, where's the fun in that?
    No doubt and those who are perfect with their diets tend to have deficits in other areas. Guys who are naturally leaner and keep abs all year round do not impress me that much...Show me a natural endomorph like me who does it all year and I will be far more impressed. I have kept them somewhat visible for the last few years but fell off this year. It's okay, just got to get myself back there.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  17. How is everyone doing?
    My performance goals are looking great so far. Only 25 lbs away from my goal deadlift. Benching has also got easier and i have gotten stronger on it.
    I'm gonna really try to nail my diet and track what i'm eating more.

  18. Still on track......

  19. All kinds of good things going on in here... Chris.. I'd like that recipe if you can post it here!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com

  20. Quote Originally Posted by wasme View Post
    All kinds of good things going on in here... Chris.. I'd like that recipe if you can post it here!
    Okay, I will look on MFP for the exact amounts I used with that one for those macros. I often make my chili differently regarding how many beans I use if any depending on what my carb intake is supposed to look like.

    Here is my recent update from my log which explains my situation here for this.


    "Well guys, I have been pretty much out of it for the last few weeks. The care for my Mother In Law became all consuming and quite overwhelming. All activities other than caring for her were pretty much put on hold. Her dementia seems to be cyclical and really took a turn for the worse the last few weeks making everything we needed to work on with her almost impossible. She has still made a ton of improvement physically. I was working her out almost daily and got her to where she can walk again, and taught her how to crawl, and roll over again. That way if she ever falls she can crawl if needed to get somewhere if she can't get back up. She is never really alone but she does walk into other rooms now for some things. So If she fell somewhere I want her to be able to crawl. She spent 5 hours on the floor dragging herself to a phone when she fell back in December and I didn't want her to ever experience that again.

    Anyway workouts have fallen off completely, and my diet has not been good. I made some lofty goals recently about the progress I intended to make by 8/1/17 or I would be donating $100 to the charity of my choice. I am obviously going to be making that donation as I did not stick with the plan as I set it out. I could probably still make the physical changes in the next 5 weeks if I really focus on it but the parts about maintaining 80% adherence to the program and nutrition is impossible at this point. I am a stand up guy, so regardless of my situation I am going to honor the commitment and make the donation even if I can make the physical parts of the goal happen in the next 5 weeks. It would take some running training and a strict diet plus not missing any workouts. I would like to say I am committed to doing that but I am going to be honest with myself and just work to try and get myself back into the habit of working out regularly again right now with everything going on. "
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  21. @MrKleen73 - can't imagine what you're going through. All baloney aside, you're a real inspiration. I probably/hopefully will make my goals, but I'm going to make my donation too. It's a good cause and why not spread some positive energy.....

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Tank999 View Post
    @MrKleen73 - can't imagine what you're going through. All baloney aside, you're a real inspiration. I probably/hopefully will make my goals, but I'm going to make my donation too. It's a good cause and why not spread some positive energy.....
    Thanks, and I think a lot of us will end up donating or volunteering even if we make our goals. I am going to say that I have done hundreds or hours of volunteering / charity work in the last few weeks caring for my MIL. It would just feel better to me if I was choosing to donate after succeeding instead of having too for not succeeding.

    It's okay I will get my stuff back together, working on making some things a lower priority now that I have Jan so much better and she can function we are just moving to maintenance things to keep her current mobility which take far less of my time and a lot of it can be done by her caregiver during the day instead of me doing all of it by myself. That should free up my time quite a bit.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Tank999 View Post
    @MrKleen73 - can't imagine what you're going through. All baloney aside, you're a real inspiration. I probably/hopefully will make my goals, but I'm going to make my donation too. It's a good cause and why not spread some positive energy.....
    Nailed it Tank... Chris is one hell of a motivator, and well you sir a very stand up guy... Some many positive people on our forum!
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2012, 04:08 PM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
  3. LegalGear - CycleShield - Update and Tester Thread
    By LG Sciences in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 09:26 AM
  4. Another thanx for teh shirt and samples thread...
    By xjsynx in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Log in
Log in