Anyone have much success with GVT (german volume training)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Well, the reason you can't stop is because you pick a weight you can do for about 10 reps to failure. Then when you get to 11-20, you have to take a couple breaths paused at the top in order to complete another rep. You keep doing that until you hit 20 reps. I used to do these fairly regularly and when you get close to the 20 rep mark you almost can't even see anything but are just focusing internally on getting that weight up one more time and not passing out. And then you grow.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Justlooking5 View Post
    Well, the reason you can't stop is because you pick a weight you can do for about 10 reps to failure. Then when you get to 11-20, you have to take a couple breaths paused at the top in order to complete another rep. You keep doing that until you hit 20 reps. I used to do these fairly regularly and when you get close to the 20 rep mark you almost can't even see anything but are just focusing internally on getting that weight up one more time and not passing out. And then you grow.
    I did these with leg press on Saturday. Reps 17-20 were so brutal I didn't stop to take a pause. I just went through it and my legs KILLED me after!
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

    •   
       


  3. LOL I've done that too. They stimulate a great whole body growth response though.

  4. Workout 5 on squats with GVT. Wanted 90, got 90. The last few sets are agony but the last 5 reps were just debilitating and not done by my conscious mind. My rationale had gone on vacation and i was now on autopilot. Toughest single workout I've done. The pain in my quads never left. I've had DOMS but never instant onset muscle soreness. Virtually no sleep last night as my legs were throbbing.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    Workout 5 on squats with GVT. Wanted 90, got 90. The last few sets are agony but the last 5 reps were just debilitating and not done by my conscious mind. My rationale had gone on vacation and i was now on autopilot. Toughest single workout I've done. The pain in my quads never left. I've had DOMS but never instant onset muscle soreness. Virtually no sleep last night as my legs were throbbing.
    Let the growth begin!
    Performax Labs Product Specialist

    •   
       


  6. Did GVT on bench yesterday. Was only able to do 205 for all of my sets but that was my first time doing it for chest. Loved it. Takes so long though!
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  7. Nice work R1balla keep us posted how it goes! You doing it on squats aswell? How frequently are you training each muscle group BTW? I agree it's a bit drawn out especially on upper body movements. On squats you kinda wish you had more time to rest lol.

    My 6th squat workout done today so that takes care of the first month of GVT. I was a bit disappointed not to meet my goal of 100 reps. Had talked myself into getting there no mattter what. I went to bed early, loaded up on carbs the night before and psyched myself up to murder each set. I managed 93 + about a 5 minute pause trying to force out some extra reps. Took one last deep breath and went for it. Mind went blank transitioning to the concentric and as my vision came to I found the bar was resting at the wrong end (safety pins). ROMS is here again.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ericos_bob View Post
    Nice work R1balla keep us posted how it goes! You doing it on squats aswell? How frequently are you training each muscle group BTW? I agree it's a bit drawn out especially on upper body movements. On squats you kinda wish you had more time to rest lol.

    My 6th squat workout done today so that takes care of the first month of GVT. I was a bit disappointed not to meet my goal of 100 reps. Had talked myself into getting there no mattter what. I went to bed early, loaded up on carbs the night before and psyched myself up to murder each set. I managed 93 + about a 5 minute pause trying to force out some extra reps. Took one last deep breath and went for it. Mind went blank transitioning to the concentric and as my vision came to I found the bar was resting at the wrong end (safety pins). ROMS is here again.
    Thanks man! I'm doing alternating weeks. Week one I hit everything once except legs. Which is twice a week. The second week I do a push/pull routine
    Performax Labs Product Specialist


  9. Squat workout 7. Got 72 reps total. Ooops! Been feeling run down the last couple days. Surrounded by a household of sick people and although I don't have signs of the flu yet I have an inkling my body is fighting something especially considering the drastic loss in performance. I knew it was going to be a grind when a relatively light weight felt heavy on my shoulders from the get-go. Extremely disappointed, as you know it becomes an obsession to improve especially this far into a program. Feel you have an obligation to better your last effort every workout in order to feel it has all been worthwhile. Nevermind. i'll eat like a horse and rest up and keep grinding away.

  10. Another oops, I just realized the program calls for a 2 week deload after the 6th workout. Mid quad measurement is up to 26". That's +3/4" in a month. I'm pleased with the results so far. Here's to hoping for 27" quads after 12 weeks but ofcourse I'll be happy with any small improvement. I'd have to do some serious catch up work for upper body if I hit that mark though.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
  2. My experience with german volume training
    By UNDERTAKER in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 06:07 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 11:45 PM
  4. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-14-2007, 06:04 PM
  5. Anyone have good results with TNE transdermal?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 02:10 PM
Log in
Log in