Need a new routine for bulking

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I currently workout at home. I have a half rack and bench, dumbbells from 15-90lbs, post land mine and Olympic weights. I'm 33yrs old, 5'10, 186lbs. Just want some suggestions of a 4 day split I can do at home using dumbbells and barbell only. As far as supplements go I use creatine, protein and pre workout.

runtyemonster

Awards
Eat a lot. When you say bulking are you trying to put on weight for strength or gain mass for, like, bodybuilding?

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I used to be about 200lb but due to work I wasn't able to eat as much and lost a lot of size. I'm just trying to figure out some new routines for gaining mass.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The best and perhaps fastest way I know, is combining the big 5-7 compound exercises and eating plenty. (eating enough is a very important part of bulking)
5x5 type stuff works well for many, (not necessarily the only set rep routines but there is long history on it) since it gives the trainee rep ranges to use heavier weights, but still uses enough volume as well.

Monday:
Squats 5x5 (or leg presses if avail.)
Bent Rows 4x8-10
Abs or core

Tuesday:
BP's 5x5
OHP's 4x8
Arm/grip work

Thursday:
Deads 3x5 (or suitcase lifts or trap-bar lifts)
Chins or Pull Downs 4x8-10
Abs

Friday:
Dips or Incline presses 5x5
OHP's 4x8
Arms

Or loosely something along those lines could work. It really does not have to be a 4 day split as there are many ways to do this kind of work. You are hitting the hips legs and back 2x per and the upper body as well, covering a good 90% of the body's mass thru the week.
The most important factors are going to be, focusing the energy on the big stuff and increasing loads over time, while eating plenty. Everything after that is less important IMO.
You will grow

wfreiling

wfreiling

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks PaulBlack, this is exactly what I was looking into. I have everything I need I need with the exception of machines/cables which I never really thought were important anyway. I'm eating a lot and getting plenty of rest. Just need a new routine. Much appreciated