6-Weeks Pull Up Challenge

Page 3 of 15 First 12345 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    I used to do 30/25/25/25/20 can't do a single one now tho
    It's cause you have chocolate in your username haha jk In on this! 2000
    Official Strong Supplement Shop Board Rep
    www.strongsupplementshop.com
    Join Us In The Pursuit of Strength - Go Strong!

2. This guy is definitely in this!!!!
    Use rep code "FireTitan"
    [email protected]
    www.rxssupplements.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    You better put up some numbers at least. Cmon now.

Welcome dude.
    Bet.

Yesterday - 3 AMRAP on wide grip chins

13,12,10 ~ 35 total
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

4. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    In on this I hate pull ups but they do give you nice striations
    Well, if you do this, you will go from hating them to REALLY hating them, to being able to crank them out with ease I bet. I'm on day 4 now. On day 2, my back hurt and I did more. On day 3, my back REALLY hurt and I did more. Last night, I was sleeping and my back hurt so bad it would wake me up and I didn't want to move my arms. This morning, I'm surprised at how little my back hurts at all. I will do more tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by FireTitan View Post
    This guy is definitely in this!!!!
    I'm in on your being in on this!

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    The tag list always cracks me up because it's the same names over and over and over lololol.

Subd to watch.
    It is funny because when I grabbed that list I was looking at it and thinking - I'm mentioned in here about 4 times. And then I noticed others are too. We should probably clean that up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    Bet.

Yesterday - 3 AMRAP on wide grip chins

13,12,10 ~ 35 total
    That's a strong showing man. You can do the 2,000 easy if you can bang out 35 in 3 sets.

5. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Well, if you do this, you will go from hating them to REALLY hating them, to being able to crank them out with ease I bet. I'm on day 4 now. On day 2, my back hurt and I did more. On day 3, my back REALLY hurt and I did more. Last night, I was sleeping and my back hurt so bad it would wake me up and I didn't want to move my arms. This morning, I'm surprised at how little my back hurts at all. I will do more tonight.

I'm in on your being in on this!

It is funny because when I grabbed that list I was looking at it and thinking - I'm mentioned in here about 4 times. And then I noticed others are too. We should probably clean that up at some point.

That's a strong showing man. You can do the 2,000 easy if you can bang out 35 in 3 sets.
    By you saying this I wonder if HMB would be great on this challenge because it reduces muscle breakdown
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    By you saying this I wonder if HMB would be great on this challenge because it reduces muscle breakdown
    I was thinking this as well...HMB, HICA, Leucine...Lots of protein.

7. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    I was thinking this as well...HMB, HICA, Leucine...Lots of protein.
    Exactly.

8. When my shoulder heals I'll do this with yall

9. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    When my shoulder heals I'll do this with yall
    You better!

10. I guess I will be inviting myself

11. I only hit chins 1x a week with either a four set AMRAP or three set, whatever my program dictates...

12. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    I only hit chins 1x a week with either a four set AMRAP or three set, whatever my program dictates...
    Well if that's the case, you'll need to do 333.33 each time. Easy peasy

13. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Well if that's the case, you'll need to do 333.33 each time. Easy peasy
    🤢🤢🤢

14. I hit 64 reps today.

My strategy for this is going to be: perform during my rest periods of other lifts, go for max reps on my first set, reduce by 1 rep each subsequent set, and work down to one.

When I wake up tomorrow I'll have a better idea of how plausible that strategy is!

15. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    here mine: BW 218lbs (!)

Chin ups x10
    Pull ups x10
    Parallel grip x10
    Chin ups x10
    Pull ups x8 / 7
    Chin ups x10
    parallel grip x5/ 5
    Nice work and way to mix the grips. Doing them all overhand is almost asking for an overuse injury.

Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Stop dwelling in the past, get well again and show us what you got!
    I did 100+ push ups on my fists and jumped from standing 5.2 feet up, black belt Shotokan karate. All that means nothing anymore. If I lift my leg now it looks like a dog pissing... well, the past is the past.
    Haha No doubt. I bet some of that training from Shotokan still matters in hand to hand combat. You never lose it all and I bet those hands are pretty dangerous still even if you can't throw high kicks. Anything over mid-thigh other than a push kick to create distance is taking a chance of being taken down mid kick. It is pretty satisfying to see a nice leg kick drop someone so hard they can't stand back up for a bit...

This one looks like a lot of fun. I will tentatively accept at half the reps. So 1000 in 6 weeks or 25 a day starting Monday for 6 weeks will do it for me. I have not tried a pull up in a while and last time my elbows simply could not take many before my brachialis failed out on me. Not sure if it has healed yet but will give it a shot within my current limitations. If the elbow holds out I will push harder as well.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

16. Quote Originally Posted by ELROCK View Post
    I guess I will be inviting myself
    Haha - you are invited. All are invited! Glad you are here!

Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Nice work and way to mix the grips. Doing them all overhand is almost asking for an overuse injury.

Haha No doubt. I bet some of that training from Shotokan still matters in hand to hand combat. You never lose it all and I bet those hands are pretty dangerous still even if you can't throw high kicks. Anything over mid-thigh other than a push kick to create distance is taking a chance of being taken down mid kick. It is pretty satisfying to see a nice leg kick drop someone so hard they can't stand back up for a bit...

This one looks like a lot of fun. I will tentatively accept at half the reps. So 1000 in 6 weeks or 25 a day starting Monday for 6 weeks will do it for me. I have not tried a pull up in a while and last time my elbows simply could not take many before my brachialis failed out on me. Not sure if it has healed yet but will give it a shot within my current limitations. If the elbow holds out I will push harder as well.
    So glad you are joining in! Don't hurt yourself!

I almost made it 1000 reps. But then I figured...That is doable. I want it to be a reach.

Something for all to remember too...If you start off doing 25 a day, in 2 weeks you may be able to do 35/day....

17. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    here mine: BW 218lbs (!)

Chin ups x10
    Pull ups x10
    Parallel grip x10
    Chin ups x10
    Pull ups x8 / 7
    Chin ups x10
    parallel grip x5/ 5
    Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Haha - you are invited. All are invited! Glad you are here!

So glad you are joining in! Don't hurt yourself!

I almost made it 1000 reps. But then I figured...That is doable. I want it to be a reach.

Something for all to remember too...If you start off doing 25 a day, in 2 weeks you may be able to do 35/day....
    Yeah, that is why I chose to cut it down a bit. I KNOW I could hit 2000 if my elbow was not an issue. Just from sheer determination. However I also fully expect to have to work into it the first week or two. Which will probably leave me needing to hit 35-40 daily in the final few weeks.

Great challenge by the way brother. This one should actually improve and or reshape a lot of physiques. Weak backs are an epidemic among a lot of trainees. ILS is real and must be stopped!!! If we can get more people pulling more often that will change. If I start getting close to 1000 and things are looking good midway then I will just keep at it over the rest of the 6 weeks and see how far I get.
    Live Hard, Laugh Hard, Love Hard and Heal Fast! - KLEEN
    Current Training Log -
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/276206-kleen-strong-body.html

18. Got 48 neutral grip while at work, then a pathetic 5/3/3/2 wide grip after work at the gym, which puts me right at 100. Hoping I can increase daily reps pretty soon or I'll be working on an 8 week challenge
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

19. Quote Originally Posted by MrKleen73 View Post
    Yeah, that is why I chose to cut it down a bit. I KNOW I could hit 2000 if my elbow was not an issue. Just from sheer determination. However I also fully expect to have to work into it the first week or two. Which will probably leave me needing to hit 35-40 daily in the final few weeks.

Great challenge by the way brother. This one should actually improve and or reshape a lot of physiques. Weak backs are an epidemic among a lot of trainees. ILS is real and must be stopped!!! If we can get more people pulling more often that will change. If I start getting close to 1000 and things are looking good midway then I will just keep at it over the rest of the 6 weeks and see how far I get.
    Yeah...Pull ups and injuries...Not a good mix. I am glad you are doing it and making adjustments. You are very accomplished and I didn't set the 2000 to scare off people...Just to make people shoot for the stars. My hope is that even some people who can't do 1-2 pull ups look at this and get inspired and jump in and just get better. Seeing someone at your level make adjustments but keeping it challenging will hopefully make other people consider jumping in. Thank you, sincerely.

What is ILS? Not familiar...

Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    Got 48 neutral grip while at work, then a pathetic 5/3/3/2 wide grip after work at the gym, which puts me right at 100. Hoping I can increase daily reps pretty soon or I'll be working on an 8 week challenge
    Nice job. Keep fighting through. My first day I was in the 40s, fell to the 20s on the second day, back to the 40's yesterday and just got 48 tonight. 48 in 11 sets, bringing my total to 168 on day 4.

Sets were: 8/7/6/5/4/3/3/3/3/3/3

My shoulder is actually feeling much better than it has. All the pain I was having is gone, but it still pops all over the place like rocks grinding together. Keeping an eye on it.

After the first day I was sore. Day 3 (yesterday) was worse and last night I was hurting so much I was waking up from it. Then something funny happened....I woke up this morning and almost all the pain was gone. Felt good all day. Started the pull ups tonight and didn't feel 100% but hit the highest reps yet during my challenge on the first set with 8.

20. Quote Originally Posted by Angrypolak View Post
    I hit 64 reps today.

My strategy for this is going to be: perform during my rest periods of other lifts, go for max reps on my first set, reduce by 1 rep each subsequent set, and work down to one.

When I wake up tomorrow I'll have a better idea of how plausible that strategy is!
    That's exactly what I do. Usually aim for at least 50.

21. Got 47 in today holy jeez lol towards the end I was doing like sets of 4

22. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    Got 47 in today holy jeez lol towards the end I was doing like sets of 4
    Lol. Was that your first entry?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Lol. Was that your first entry?
    I got 10 in haha

24. Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    I got 10 in haha
    Oh lol. I'm slacking.

25. Quote Originally Posted by Brandinooooo View Post
    Oh lol. I'm slacking.
    Man chins are a b you're not slacking haha
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 275
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. Replies: 515
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 09:31 PM
  3. Good exercise to replace pull-ups?
    By WillB123 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:01 PM
  4. Lats and wide grip pull-ups (bigger in 4 days?)
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:06 AM
  5. Pull Ups or Chins
    By LowKeyLifter in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 09:44 PM