6-Weeks Pull Up Challenge

Page 2 of 16 First 1234 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    You sure about that?
    8/8/6/6/6/5 = 47....Positive.

If you did 8/8/6/6/5 (2 sets of 6 instead of 3) you would have 39.

Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    here mine: BW 218lbs (!)

Chin ups x10
    Pull ups x10
    Parallel grip x10
    Chin ups x10
    Pull ups x8 / 7
    Chin ups x10
    parallel grip x5/ 5
    I was thinking this as I did my pull ups tonight. If I did chin-ups I could probably get another 20-30 reps. Still, 75 reps is good man. Strong showing!

2. Wanna see "pull up arms" cough, cough, bragging, cough ?

Name:  pulluparms.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  210.3 KB
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    I'm at work now, but after this challenge was issued I walked around looking for a place to do pull ups. Found an area in our outside warehouse that I could reach easily, but it would be a neutral (palms facing each other) grip. Over the course of an hour I got 8/8/6/6/6/5, for a total of 39. I suppose if I can do this a couple times a day I'll stand a chance at finishing in 6 weeks.
    Not bad at all, considering that pull ups are not your strength! How does the asparagus arms feel now?

4. I used to do 30/25/25/25/20 can't do a single one now tho

5. Quote Originally Posted by SFreed View Post
    You sure about that?
    Ok @SFreed. You got me. I WAS positive. I mean, like 100% positive. I KNEW that I was looking at 47 reps for some reason.

And yet, I was wrong. I am dumb.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    I used to do 30/25/25/25/20 can't do a single one now tho
    That is UNBELIEVABLE man. Sucks you can't do any now. You will get back there.

7. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    That is UNBELIEVABLE man. Sucks you can't do any now. You will get back there.
    I used to do 100 in 3 min. 100 push ups in 2 min... trained my ass off for those numbers

8. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    I used to do 30/25/25/25/20 can't do a single one now tho
    Next month, I bet...first assisted, a week later chin ups. Keep fighting, bro!

9. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    I used to do 100 in 3 min. 100 push ups in 2 min... trained my ass off for those numbers
    If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, then ...Just wow. That is better condition/strength than 98% of the people out there.

10. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Ok @SFreed. You got me. I WAS positive. I mean, like 100% positive. I KNEW that I was looking at 47 reps for some reason.

And yet, I was wrong. I am dumb.
    Lol.....I kept looking at it, trying to see where I got it wrong!
    Twenty-Two Until None
    I Am My Brothers Keeper

11. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, then ...Just wow. That is better condition/strength than 98% of the people out there.
    He forgot to mention his body weight was 80lbs... and he could not do pull ups in windy conditions, because he started to spin like a windmill.

12. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Im trying to be the 1% of the 1% I ran a 5:20 mile. Push-ups were easy. I could do 80 at a time non stop. 20 more easily with 10-20 seconds of rest. End of the day tho I ****ed myself up. And you can see where it put me now.

Be careful guys 6k pull-ups is a lot of repetitive motion on that joint

And @hairygrandpa I was 187 at the time, lat pulldown 270 for reps

13. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    He forgot to mention his body weight was 80lbs... and he could not do pull ups in windy conditions, because he started to spin like a windmill.
    Somebody has pull up envy.

I heard he did weighted pull ups using 40 pound bags of rice strapped to his back.

14. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    Im trying to be the 1% of the 1% I ran a 5:20 mile. Push-ups were easy. I could do 80 at a time non stop. 20 more easily with 10-20 seconds of rest. End of the day tho I ****ed myself up. And you can see where it put me now.

Be careful guys 6k pull-ups is a lot of repetitive motion on that joint

And @hairygrandpa I was 187 at the time, lat pulldown 270 for reps
    Stop dwelling in the past, get well again and show us what you got!
    I did 100+ push ups on my fists and jumped from standing 5.2 feet up, black belt Shotokan karate. All that means nothing anymore. If I lift my leg now it looks like a dog pissing... well, the past is the past.

15. I'm in but won't be starting till next week

16. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    Somebody has pull up envy.

I heard he did weighted pull ups using 40 pound bags of rice strapped to his back.
    It was strapped to my nuts, if I cheated and kipped on a pull up, it would rip my nuts off

17. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Stop dwelling in the past, get well again and show us what you got!
    I did 100+ push ups on my fists and jumped from standing 5.2 feet up, black belt Shotokan karate. All that means nothing anymore. If I lift my leg now it looks like a dog pissing... well, the past is the past.
    HGP also used to have hair on his head - flowing locks like Fabio I heard. Now his head looks like a cue ball. The past is...Well...It's looooong in the past.

18. Quote Originally Posted by mmorso View Post
    I'm in but won't be starting till next week
    Welcome aboard!

19. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    It was strapped to my nuts, if I cheated and kipped on a pull up, it would rip my nuts off
    I was gonna say that...But I try to never talk about another man's nuts.

20. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    HGP also used to have hair on his head - flowing locks like Fabio I heard. Now his head looks like a cue ball. The past is...Well...It's looooong in the past.
    Yes, that too! Fugging long hair were always in the way when trying to wrestle tigers with bare hands....

21. Quote Originally Posted by HIT4ME View Post
    His wife cut it all off and he lost all his strength and hair like that bible person.

22. Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateClen View Post
    His wife cut it all off and he lost all his strength and hair like that bible person.
    Hahaha, true story! It must be...its in the bible!

23. The tag list always cracks me up because it's the same names over and over and over lololol.

Subd to watch.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

24. In on this I hate pull ups but they do give you nice striations

25. Quote Originally Posted by tyga tyga View Post
    The tag list always cracks me up because it's the same names over and over and over lololol.

Subd to watch.
    You better put up some numbers at least. Cmon now.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR97 View Post
    In on this I hate pull ups but they do give you nice striations
    Welcome dude.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 275
    Last Post: 02-10-2012, 11:11 AM
  2. Replies: 515
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 09:31 PM
  3. Good exercise to replace pull-ups?
    By WillB123 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 04:01 PM
  4. Lats and wide grip pull-ups (bigger in 4 days?)
    By Jim Mills in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-17-2006, 09:06 AM
  5. Pull Ups or Chins
    By LowKeyLifter in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 09:44 PM