How to approach cutting???

1. How to approach cutting???

I'm considering cutting for the first time since I started training in February last year. I've trained in the past but never taken it as seriously as I have for the last year. I have pretty much been bulking the whole time and have gained around 30lbs in 13 months 186-215lbs, with the help of a couple of prohormone cycles.

Thing is, I'm happy being the size that I am I just want to be a bit more defined, but I'm scared to lose any weight because I don't want to lose any of the muscle I've gained. I don't think my bf% has changed much since starting, increased slightly.

How does one go about adjusting to this change? Obviously I understand that you have to be in a caloric deficit but I mean psychologically I don't want to take the risk of losing my hard earned gains

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Eat more proteins and fats, less carbs.

Also train with more intensity
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by tsmog View Post
    Eat more proteins and fats, less carbs.

Also train with more intensity
    I train everything twice a week at the moment and have done since I started but switched it up slightly.

Mon : chest and back
    Tue: arms and shoulders
    Wed: legs
    Repeat
    Sunday off

I put as much as I can into these workouts and have read that being in a deficit can decrease strength but you have to maintain strength to maintain the muscle. So how do you do it?
  4. How to approach cutting???

What works for me when cutting is training a body part split over 5 days, I reduce the volume, increase rest time between sets and go a wee bit heavier. I find I don't have the energy to do much high rep work anyway and need to rest a bit longer till my muscles recover enough to go again. Typically I lose some strength on pressing movements, especially overhead presses it just gets hard for some reason, but I've heard that's pretty common so don't freak out if it happens it doesn't necessarily mean you're losing muscle I think it's to do with having less mass. Going heavy should convince your body to hold onto the muscle while in a deficit as well.

5. Oh and the best part is you'll PB on pull-ups and dips every week lol
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by APC80 View Post
    Oh and the best part is you'll PB on pull-ups and dips every week lol
    That's good because I incorporate pull ups dips and press ups into my workouts. I can only manage 4 sets of 8-10 pull ups at the minute but I do 4 sets of 8-10 dips with a 45lb plate

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jhowe73 View Post
    That's good because I incorporate pull ups dips and press ups into my workouts. I can only manage 4 sets of 8-10 pull ups at the minute but I do 4 sets of 8-10 dips with a 45lb plate
    Glad to hear I'm not the only pull-up weakling here I've been stuck at 8 for months but then I've put on 13 lbs in that time so I suppose it's a sort of progression.
  8. How to approach cutting???

Keep your current workout, cut 200cals or add 200cals of cardio and gauge your body's responses/changes as a base and go from there is the short answer...

9. Care back loading is my favorite

10. I tried cutting, lasted a week so have gone back to my old diet haha. Poor attempt really but my body fat isnt that high anyway. Got a bottle of superdrol to use so might aswell use that first

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jhowe73 View Post
    I tried cutting, lasted a week so have gone back to my old diet haha. Poor attempt really but my body fat isnt that high anyway. Got a bottle of superdrol to use so might aswell use that first
    I started yesterday mate and I'm bloody starving so used to not feeling hungry. Fighting the urge to say **** it and start bulking again but I know it has to be done for summer. I've a bottle of DMZ here that's tempting me.

12. Quote Originally Posted by APC80 View Post
    I started yesterday mate and I'm bloody starving so used to not feeling hungry. Fighting the urge to say **** it and start bulking again but I know it has to be done for summer. I've a bottle of DMZ here that's tempting me.
    I've managed to leave the superdrol in the cupboard for 2 weeks but can't resist it anymore haha.

Starting it on Monday, tudca came today, got about a weeks worth of nolva left with more on order and a pct blend from the warrior project. Need to get my hands on some cycle support at the weekend but know a couple of supplement shops that stock it.

Cycle will be:

Warrior project swole sd (superdrol)
    10/20/20 and a 3rd week of 20 if sides allow
    Alphaform labs Tudca 500mgs a day for 4 weeks
    Whatever on cycle support I buy tomorrow

Pct
    Nolva 20/20/10/10
    Pct3x
    Warrior project aftermath pct (contains arimistane so shouldn't need an AI)

Reckon I will need anything else? Considered a test base but it's my first time using superdrol and would like to judge the gains/sides standalone before stacking it

13. Don't know why I've put pct3x in there I won't be using that lol

14. Quote Originally Posted by Jhowe73 View Post
    I've managed to leave the superdrol in the cupboard for 2 weeks but can't resist it anymore haha.

Starting it on Monday, tudca came today, got about a weeks worth of nolva left with more on order and a pct blend from the warrior project. Need to get my hands on some cycle support at the weekend but know a couple of supplement shops that stock it.

Cycle will be:

Warrior project swole sd (superdrol)
    10/20/20 and a 3rd week of 20 if sides allow
    Alphaform labs Tudca 500mgs a day for 4 weeks
    Whatever on cycle support I buy tomorrow

Pct
    Nolva 20/20/10/10
    Pct3x
    Warrior project aftermath pct (contains arimistane so shouldn't need an AI)

Reckon I will need anything else? Considered a test base but it's my first time using superdrol and would like to judge the gains/sides standalone before stacking it
    You're making me have a rethink here lol just started s4,osta and GW for cutting, hoping it turns into a recomp tho. Prob start the DMZ when I've cut down to where I want to be.

Your cycle looks fine, the only thing they say arimistane doesn't do much for estrogen but I used it with nolva after my epi cycle and haven't had any estro related problems, I had exemestane on hand but didn't need it. It defo leaned me out a bit and got rid of some post cycle bloat too.

15. Never tried sarms, I've read about them but I'm fairly new to ph/ds etc. You'll have to let me know how it goes

16. Will do mate I'll maybe put a wee review up on AM when I'm done. I'm interested how you get on with the SD I'm thinking about trying it later in the year but a bit hesitant cos of the sides I've read about.

17. I'm expecting back pumps, I seem to be prone to them cos I've had them from epistane and a cycle of 1 and 4 andro. As long as that's all I have to worry about I'll be a very happy man!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. hows this for a start to my cutting diet?
    By Zen_Lifter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-08-2017, 12:14 AM
  2. Schedule change, not sure how to approach IF
    By chedapalooza in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 07:27 AM
  3. how to approach convo with doc about...
    By hondizzle420 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-12-2010, 12:58 AM
  4. how to stack these for cutting/bulking cycles
    By Sputnik in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:35 AM
  5. How to calculate daily calorie deficit for cutting?
    By LunaHotel in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-23-2003, 11:36 AM