Waking up at 3am

machine528

machine528

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to see if this is a good idea or if this is something that will do more harm than good. I am 36 years old and currently work Monday-Friday's 6am-2pm. I have worked out all of my life and I currently workout and do cardio when I get back home from work. I am currently trying to get back into competitive golf and this requires a ton of work. This was something I walked away from in my 20's and want to give it another shot before I am too old. My plan was to wake up at 3am and get my gym work done before going into my day job. Then that will free up after work for playing and practicing golf. I have always been an early riser but have never attempted such an early wake up. I was planning on heading to bed around 830 each night. Thanks for any advice or input.

Mrbolt84

Mrbolt84

Awards
  • Established
I've been waking up at 230 am every weekday for the last 4 years.
My work day starts at 5am and ends typically around 5pm...
I get home around 530pm...get my meals ready...play with the kiddos ...smash the wife...pass out around 730ish..repeat.
I do what I have to do because I love training. So waking up at 230 am is my only option

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You must be single. :D

I get up at 3:00a every day no matter when I work the next day.
Hopefully it's a 7:30-4:30 schedule, but sometimes it's 9:30-6:30, or worse 11:00-8:00, or the rare 12-9:00 which throws everything off kilter and my circadian rhythm.

It sucks but you do what you have to do. If you are passionate about it, you do it.
Good luck with the great game of golf! I love watching it. Nobody understands...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wanted to see if this is a good idea or if this is something that will do more harm than good. I am 36 years old and currently work Monday-Friday's 6am-2pm. I have worked out all of my life and I currently workout and do cardio when I get back home from work. I am currently trying to get back into competitive golf and this requires a ton of work. This was something I walked away from in my 20's and want to give it another shot before I am too old. My plan was to wake up at 3am and get my gym work done before going into my day job. Then that will free up after work for playing and practicing golf. I have always been an early riser but have never attempted such an early wake up. I was planning on heading to bed around 830 each night. Thanks for any advice or input.
I know exactly what you are going through. When I was 18 I was offered a golf scholarship but I turned it down. I burnt myself out on training for muscle and the 10 hour days I'd spend practicing. If you think you can do it, then awesome. Go for it. I just couldn't handle trying to be the best at both sports.