Grip for rack pulls?
- 03-20-2017, 06:57 PM
- 03-21-2017, 04:59 AM
Personally, I alternate between right palm out left palm out, on all my deads floor or what have you. I feel this helps to keep the torque on my torso in some better balance side to side/arm to arm. I also use straps (especially for rep work) at times since I am working the pos chain for the most part. I can always work grip afterwards, or on other days, since those small muscles recover quick and can be trained more often.
I have also used hook grip at times.
03-21-2017, 05:06 AM
03-21-2017, 09:10 AM
If it's low rep and you're using it specifically as a main movement for deadlift as part of a powerlifting program, then use your competition grip, whether that's mixed, hook, etc. Note that if you mixed grip, one way will feel more natural than the other...this is because no one's shoulders are built perfectly evenly and one most likely will be slightly more internally rotated than the other, so that's fine, use whichever way is natural.
If it's high rep or not part of a powerlifting program, use straps. No reason to hold back your posterior chain because of grip issues.
Use code BECKI30 for 30% off your order at olympus-labs.com and olympusuk.com
Similar Forum Threads
- By siske1995 in forum Training ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 07-17-2016, 08:56 AM
- By b9cist in forum Training ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 12-24-2009, 12:29 PM
- By dlew308 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 08-22-2007, 10:56 AM
- By lazerss9 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 07-19-2007, 11:08 PM
- By MrTotality in forum Training ForumReplies: 29Last Post: 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM