Best FULL program to cut?

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys pretty new here but looking for help. I'm 5'10 194 lbs. Been working out on and off for the last few years...mostly on but not as intense as most of you. My diet has always been slacking but I'm getting better and better.

It's been a progress for me. 218 lbs down to 178 lbs and back to 194 now. I have gained lots of muscle of the time. Unfortunately I don't have actually body fat %. Here are a couple pics

In 2013

Current

I've made this progress without doing a cut or bulk but just working out hard and eating better. I feel like now my progress is slowing time and it might be time to do a real cut program.

I am looking for a full program that includes training, diet and nutrition guides. Jim Stoppani has many programs. What are people's thoughts on them? Lean 1,2,3? If anyone has that PDF that would be nice great.

Any other free suggestions?

Thanks!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Wow..those are great results...cangratulations!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you're looking for a program that lists everything out for you and you want it for free, somebody like Jim Stoppani isn't bad. Try it out for 2 months and assess from there if you want to continue or pick another one. Personally, sometimes you get what you pay for, but I know some of the programs can get expensive.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
If you're looking for a program that lists everything out for you and you want it for free, somebody like Jim Stoppani isn't bad. Try it out for 2 months and assess from there if you want to continue or pick another one. Personally, sometimes you get what you pay for, but I know some of the programs can get expensive.
Any suggestions for other programs that do cost $?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like Mountain Dog, but haven't used it for cutting. You can find a ton of John Meadows' videos on youtube to see the kind of training it involves. Honestly, you've made great progress so far, so I would look into somebody like Stoppani. You could also look at some of the more detailed logs on here to find one that matches up with your goals or put up your own log and ask for feedback on how you can modify it to be more for a cut. More than likely you can just tweek what you're currently doing unless you want to really switch things up. Lots of options!

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Outstanding results this far man! As for programs, its all trial and error. Everyone reacts, gains and loses different than the person next to them. You just have to find out what works for you and when it seems like youre hitting a wall..change it up. Good luck with the career as a firefighter ...its effing awesome !! And if youre looking for a great Thermogenic, PM me and Ill give you some info.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I like Mountain Dog, but haven't used it for cutting. You can find a ton of John Meadows' videos on youtube to see the kind of training it involves. Honestly, you've made great progress so far, so I would look into somebody like Stoppani. You could also look at some of the more detailed logs on here to find one that matches up with your goals or put up your own log and ask for feedback on how you can modify it to be more for a cut. More than likely you can just tweek what you're currently doing unless you want to really switch things up. Lots of options!
Thanks again! I've been doing Hany Rambods Fst-7 Blueprint one. I've really enjoyed it and felt great through it. I've really like the day to day breakdown with it being 4 main days and the 5th being arms which I've used as a more optional day.

The diet and nutrition part is where I need the most help and something to keep me on a plan.

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Really good progress so far! You're at the point where progress will slow naturally though, unfortunately once you get fairly fit, it just isn't as fast as when you first start out. Keep on doing what you're doing and be patient.

If you're looking for training + diet guidance and have the money to burn, go with a coach. Just make sure you do your research and get someone who actually knows what they're doing, and also personalizes everything and doesn't just give you cookie cutter plans.

Other than that, I'd shy away from the "all in one" packages. IMO you're better off just getting on a solid program and getting a good nutrition plan in place. If you're plateauing, it's probably dietary. If you want a little more guidance than a TDEE calculator, but don't want to pay for a full-on coach, maybe check out Avatar Nutrition or something like that.

As far as training goes, assuming you don't go the coaching route, there are so many programs available and many of them will work cutting. There are really only a few that I really would not recommend while cutting (i.e. some of the higher volume ones like Smolov, most of the Sheiko programs, etc). Since you sound like you've been training a while, I'd look into something like 5/3/1, Cube, or Texas Method. Those will all give better results than something more haphazard like the Stoppani programs. While they don't include a nutrition plan, you could combine it with the Avatar programs or whatever you're using and honestly that'll be way better since the diet will be more personalized, and the training will be more sound.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Awesome advice from VO2Maxima. Finding a trainer or a coach is worth the money if you find a good one.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Awesome advice from VO2Maxima. Finding a trainer or a coach is worth the money if you find a good one.
Maybe down the road I will look at a good coach but for where I am fitness wise as well as life and family it's just not the right time.

I have many other places to spend the money and I think I can still make decent progress with doing my own research, trial and error and of course getting input from the very knowledgeable people in here!

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Maybe down the road I will look at a good coach but for where I am fitness wise as well as life and family it's just not the right time.

I have many other places to spend the money and I think I can still make decent progress with doing my own research, trial and error and of course getting input from the very knowledgeable people in here!
I completely understand that. Definitely take advantage of the resources in this forum.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
What type of rep scheme/ progression should I do while trying to cut?

Can I still get stronger and increase lifting numbers while on a caloric deficit?

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just found Jim Stoppani's 6 weeks to shredded app...looks pretty intense and I will be doing it soon. Basically after every set of lifts, is 1 solid minute of a cardio.

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
I just found Jim Stoppani's 6 weeks to shredded app...looks pretty intense and I will be doing it soon. Basically after every set of lifts, is 1 solid minute of a cardio.

I've tried this.. but burnt way too much muscle.

May work for you, but I personally wouldn't advise for it.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Oh yes he likes to call it cardio acceleration. It definitely looks intense

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
Havent tried it yet...was looking at doing so in the next week or so
At first it's great, I have to say.. because you sweat so much more.. meaning you're defo burning more.

But like I said, with time, you definitely start to lose some muscle along with it.

Give it a try.. like I said, may work for you.. I just prefer doing something like lower intensity at the end of my workout.. or fasted in the mornings.

That way you get to maintain your muscle mass as much as possible while cutting.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At first it's great, I have to say.. because you sweat so much more.. meaning you're defo burning more.

But like I said, with time, you definitely start to lose some muscle along with it.

Give it a try.. like I said, may work for you.. I just prefer doing something like lower intensity at the end of my workout.. or fasted in the mornings.

That way you get to maintain your muscle mass as much as possible while cutting.
I can definitely see what youre saying. Thanks for the heads up

VO2Maxima

VO2Maxima

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kind of sounds like a good way to waste the rest period and go into your next set still not recovered. I'm not surprised people in here are saying they lost too much muscle doing this...

pro45

Awards
Kind of sounds like a good way to waste the rest period and go into your next set still not recovered. I'm not surprised people in here are saying they lost too much muscle doing this...
Exactly.... I would train as heavy as possible, and allow the diet to burn the fat.