Arm size help.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    You keep saying that your goal is aesthetics, but you keep ignoring the question about why you don't train legs It's fine if your choice is to focus only on your arm size, but I think you'll find the quickest way there is to increase everything rather than trying to just gain in that area. Have you tried bulking and cutting or has your training been more of trying to do both at the same time?
    Calves are bigger than my arms now what

2. Again.... What is your leg training like??? Forget about how big your calves are. I believe you are devaluing how important training the lower body is to all around growth.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Abe Lincoln View Post
    Calves are bigger than my arms now what
    Mine are too, actually. Calves have a solid inch on arms.
    Olympus Labs Demigod
    PM me with any Olympus Labs questions
    Use Code WOODY30 for 30% off your order at www.Olympus-Labs.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    You keep saying that your goal is aesthetics, but you keep ignoring the question about why you don't train legs It's fine if your choice is to focus only on your arm size, but I think you'll find the quickest way there is to increase everything rather than trying to just gain in that area. Have you tried bulking and cutting or has your training been more of trying to do both at the same time?
    I do the good old bulk/cut
    But im still on my first bulk.(supposed to be near the end but i dont know )

5. Quote Originally Posted by pro45 View Post
    Again.... What is your leg training like??? Forget about how big your calves are. I believe you are devaluing how important training the lower body is to all around growth.
    Barely ever touched legs. My thighs are decent in size but my calves are small, but i thought i would like to go for that buff in skinny jeans look, especially when shirtless.
    •   

6. Triceps is the bigger portion of arms.
    Any overhead -and floor DB extensions work for me.
    For biceps:
    Weighted chin ups -and one armed (heavy) rows.
    Almost no curling besides some concentration curls once a week.
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

7. Quote Originally Posted by JoeStethics View Post
    Barely ever touched legs. My thighs are decent in size but my calves are small, but i thought i would like to go for that buff in skinny jeans look, especially when shirtless.
    If that's your goal, that's your goal, but I think you'll find it easier to achieve if you at least do some leg work. Not saying you have to go full powerlifter or squat 5 days a week, but one day of legs will help tremendously. Sorry if I missed it, but how old are you? I only ask because bulking up one area is a lot easier if you're still young, but trust me that it gets way harder as you get older and having at least one day of legs has always helped me put on lean muscle and lose fat when cutting.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by JoeStethics View Post
    Not trying to put ya down but that's not a good look, skinny legs and no arse with a big upper body. It's even worse than them guys you see with huge arms and no chest or back development.

9. Don't discourage him it's beneficial for the rest of us. I train my legs far less than upper body but they've always been a strong point. My calves have always been bigger than arms.

10. Come on guys, not cool. He's got a goal and is asking for help on how to get there.
    ***PES Representative***
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

11. Its physiological. Your upper body is limited by the foundation it has to support the whole structure. Think of a tree trunk and its limbs. Top heavy or overloading limps will lay the tree down on the ground to die.

Gaining 20lbs of muscle can add up to an inch on your arms. Bigger stronger legs can support a bigger stronger back which can support bigger stronger arms...

12. Agree for most of us there's only so much disproportion we can achieve before we hit a wall in progress. Ofcourse steroids can do a great job at helping build a disproportionate physique. This is where the jacked dudes with tooth pick legs come in. Jokes aside I don't mind if he wants the skinny jeans with jacked body look to each his own.
  13. Arm size help.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    Come on guys, not cool. He's got a goal and is asking for help on how to get there.
    Im all for helping people just trying to make the guy see sense. He wants the aesthetic look with 17.5" arms and planning to do a steroid cycle yet doesn't train legs. That cannot be good for your body to be supporting a bulk of mass on chopsticks. Good luck with your knees when your 60. I don't really know what to say to that never mind give advice on how to get there.

14. Quote Originally Posted by APC80 View Post
    Im all for helping people just trying to make the guy see sense. He wants the aesthetic look with 17.5" arms and planning to do a steroid cycle yet doesn't train legs. That cannot be good for your body to be supporting a bulk of mass on chopsticks. Good luck with your knees when your 60. I don't really know what to say to that never mind give advice on how to get there.
    I've seen guys on cycle who neglected legs and wound up tearing muscles in the lower body and posterior chain.

15. Quote Originally Posted by pro45 View Post
    I've seen guys on cycle who neglected legs and wound up tearing muscles in the lower body and posterior chain.
    Of course mate we all know what happens when you've muscle imbalances, the posture problems and associated injuries you can get yet people think it's ok to overtrain your whole upper body. You can get away with it natural but once ya add gear to push past natural limitations it's just gonna end badly.

16. Hmm very interesting responses, and its fine you guys are not discouraging me by any means, you guys actually have a point, i might look into something like high reps or reach a stage where if i felt im strong enough i will not increase weight to limit legs, but i will start to work them in some way off or on cycle soon, and for the arms i think im gonna try 4 sets of 20 reps 3 exercises for biceps and triceps and if that doesnt work ill do like 2 exercises 7 sets each(14 sets for each bicep and tricep) of around 8-10 reps.

17. Even do a bit on the leg press machine and some calf raises each week mate just don't neglect your legs altogether

18. I have been very frustrated with lack of arm growth. At 6'4 250 my arms are stuck at only 18 inches. I actually have stopped training just arms and now just do them once a week with time under tension and rarely hit them. They get crushed in my heavy compound lifts. So far I have noticed my arms staying fuller even while prepping but my arms are my most frustrating muscle group.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-16-2007, 07:02 PM
  2. Help Equalizing Arm Size.
    By jmh80 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 07:03 PM
  3. arm size
    By Imsleepinmonkey in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 157
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 01:36 PM
  4. Increased arm size with squat routine?
    By Hellhound in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-23-2005, 09:04 PM
  5. Tricep size help!
    By Bean in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-14-2003, 01:44 PM