Am i training too heavy or just got old? Feel tired

RickWolf

Awards
I have a feeling that my body will suffer a massive injury somewhere if i continue with this training regimen : I'm already 34, in decent shape, 91 kg with below 10% body fat. Yesterday was supposed to be deadlifting day. i couldn't do it, packed my things and went home to sleep.

MONDAY:

Squats : No knee wraps, no belt
1 x 6 x 100 kg
1 x 6 x 150 kg
1 x 6 x 170 kg
1 x 6 x 180 kg
1 x 6 x 190 kg

Front Squats :
3 x 8 x 130 kg

Stiff :
3 x 6 x 150 kg

TUESDAY:

Sumô Dumbbell Squat:
10x 15 x 80 kg

WEDNESDAY:

Deadlift : no belts, wraps , etc
1 x 5 170 kg
1 x 5 x 190 kg
1 x 5 x 210 kg
1 x 5 x 230 kg

Pull up wide stance:
3 x 8 x 10 kg (attached to my body)

Narrow Stance:
3 x 8 x 5 kg

Narrow stance with reversed grip:
3 x 8 x 0 kg

THURSDAY :

Standing Calf Raises
10 x 15 reps x 110 kg

Incline Bench :
4 x 8 x 120 kg

Bench Press :
4 x 8 x 110 kg

Dumbell Flyes
4 x 8 x 35 kg Dumbbells

Closed Chest Press Machine :
4 x 8 x some plates

FRIDAY :

Standing Calf raises:
10x15 reps x 100 kg

Leg Press :
5 x 10 x whathever feels heavy

Leg Extensions :
5 x 10 x whatever feels heavy

Leg Curls :
5 x 10 x W.F.H

SATURDAY:

Standing Calf Raises:
10 x 15 x 110 kg

Front Military Press Smith Machine:
4 x 8 x 80 kg

Back Military Press Smith Machine :
4 x 8 x 70 kg

Lateral Raises:
4 x 8 x 24 kg dumbbels

What is your opinion ?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How's your Sleep and diet looking?

RickWolf

Awards
Actually i'm not sleeping very well the past few days. my diet on the other hand is spot on.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
If your training those sets to failure and really killing it then over time your central nervous system will eventually shut down and your cortisol levels can increase etc. also can cause joint pain over time

RickWolf

Awards
If your training those sets to failure and really killing it then over time your central nervous system will eventually shut down and your cortisol levels can increase etc. also can cause joint pain over time
what would be your advise then?

Anabolikz

Anabolikz

Awards
You are probably at the beginning stages of over reaching. Not to be confused with overtraining. Over reaching basically occurs at a time in a training block where you become fatigued and that fatigue will at some point begin to "mask" the strength adaptations you have gained.

This is typically where deloads are incorporated. Doing about 70% of the volume you were already doing during your current routine.

This will allow your body to not detrain and instead retain training adaptations while letting the fatigue dissipate.

Usually the result after a deload can set you up for a big PR because afterwards your body super compensates. You can hit weights easily that would have felt impossible a week prior if done correctly.

Reactions: Nac

Toff

Awards
  • Established
im no-where near those figures and hittign 4 times a week, a 35 is knackering

taking magnesium and ldopa at night to get some sleep but the stims keep me up

pro45

Awards
You are severely overtraining. Doing all that 6 days a week will wreck your adrenals in no time. Cut back the volume by 50% and try 4 days a week. Monitor your recovery and how you feel after two weeks. Do not take any set to failure.

gaz7456

gaz7456

Awards
Just an observation, but Monday heavy squatting, Tuesday sumo squats, Weds heavy dead-lifts - This all seems hugely demanding for your legs and whole body. Maybe try to add a couple of days into the routine that extends your recovery time where you just stretch or do some low impact activity.

Impressive that you do your heaviest squats and dead-lifts without belt. I've always felt able to left a little more and also more safely with a good weightlifting belt. But good on you if your core and back doesn't need it.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
Don't know anything about your lifestyle outside the gym. Has anything changed? Taken up any new activities or have a physically demanding job etc. It all effects recovery.. Your training regimen could be quite modest if that were your profession or too much and then ofcourse recuperation indepedent of outside influences is totally subjective so pretty difficult for anyone to tell you you're doing too much based on your routine. I agree with others that if you're feeling drained it never hurts to take some time off or deload. I prefer to deload to "grease the groove" Although you won't lose strength taking a week or two off altogether (perhaps even the opposite) It's nice to keep your form in check by practicing the movements even if you're using only 50% of your working loads for a couple weeks. You have some impressive lifts BTW:thumbsup:.