CHEST WORKOUT!!

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Any one know of a high volume chest workout that is Perfect for size and to shape it all around the best!
I've heard and read a lot but just want some opinions from real people.

Like rep range and all of course!

physique4days

physique4days

Awards
4 sets of 8 barbell flat bench
3 sets of 4 barbell flat bench
Barbell bench Triple drop set (heavy for 3-4 reps, strip down to lighter for another 6-8, strip down one more time for about 10)
Incline Barbell bench press 5 sets of 12
Incline Barbell Double drop set (same as above but only twice instead of 3 times)
30 degree incline DB bench 3 sets of 8 flat bench DB flys 3 sets of 12 (cool down)
Cable high to low flies 3 sets of 12
Cable low to high flies 3 sets of 12

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Barbell bench Triple drop set (heavy for 3-4 reps, strip down to lighter for another 6-8, strip down one more time for about 10)
Incline Barbell Double drop set (same as above but only twice instead of 3 times)
30 degree incline DB bench 3 sets of 8 flat bench DB flys 3 sets of 12 (cool down)
Nice!!
Have you personally done this? And how effective for you was it?

physique4days

physique4days

Awards
Well yes I have done it lol. I had it saved on my iPhone notes, I just went and copy and pasted it. And it's great man. But I wouldn't do it every chest day lol maybe twice a month. It's a lot

physique4days

physique4days

Awards
Also, if you look up "Steve cook big man on campus" on YouTube, that chest workout is good too.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Nice! Thanks man! Cuz it's obviously chest day tomorrow and I'll try this out and let you know how it goes for sure!

physique4days

physique4days

Awards
Don't be depressed if after you do the 4 sets of 8 then the 3 sets of 4 then the triple drop set on Barbell flat if ya can hardly push any weight after that.... haha

csline

csline

Awards
  • Established
Regardless of movement, pyramid style lifting is great for the goal of all around size.

For instance, bench press. If I were to pyramid I would do:

1 x 20 w/ no weight
1 x 15 w/ 135
1 x 10 w/ 185
1 x 10 w/ 225
1 x 7-8 w/ 255
1 x 4 w/ 275
2 x 2-3 w/ 315
...and then
1 x failure 225
1 x failure 185
1 x 10 slow reps w/ 135

That takes about 30 minutes.

Rest 2-3 minutes between sets except on the failure sets. Then finish workout with accessory work

physique4days

physique4days

Awards
Love pyramid! lol I do it for every muscle group

jesus_sanchez

Awards
Check out Mark Coles in youtube out of UK. His help changed my stratagy.

Gorgoroth

Gorgoroth

Awards
+1 for pyramid training I use it for all major compounds.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never done this exactly before. May try it out tomorrow and see how I like it.

On a normal day (when I'm not following an exact routine like DC training for example) this is what I do:

BB bench -
1) warmup with 135
2) 8 reps
3) 6 reps
4) 4 reps

With a 30 second rest then do 185 with about s 3 second negative and rest pause for about 6-8 reps

Incline bench (DB or BB)

Same set up as BB bench but I do 12/10/8

Machine incline - 2 sets to failure. I like to load the machine with what I think I can do for 8-10 reps but I am for 12ish.

DB flys- 2 sets very slow. I do drop sets with this as well.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Okay so I worked out with that!!
And my chest was dead!
Solid workout!
Definitely wouldn't do it every week! I like to switch things up!

physique4days

physique4days

Awards
Same here man lol just a nice killer to shock ur chest every once in a while. Chest is hard to grow

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Today I did bench for 5 sets and the last being 2 drop sets

Incline did 4 working sets with last 2 being drops

5 sets of flys and my chest is shot. Haven't gone heavy + drops in a while. Felt good

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
These are all awesome!
I mainly want something that will for sure add SIZE to my chest.
Cuz when I tell you I destroy my chest and do all I can to it I mean it and it NEVER grows.
Like I'll be honest the rest of my body is perfectly fine and proportioned right and I feel my chest is lagging for some damn reason!
And I'm trying to find something but my journey is still continuing on this damn nightmare of a quest to find the perfect fit for me!!
I'm sure some y'all know if y'all have some lagging body parts!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These are all awesome!
I mainly want something that will for sure add SIZE to my chest.
Cuz when I tell you I destroy my chest and do all I can to it I mean it and it NEVER grows.
Like I'll be honest the rest of my body is perfectly fine and proportioned right and I feel my chest is lagging for some damn reason!
And I'm trying to find something but my journey is still continuing on this damn nightmare of a quest to find the perfect fit for me!!
I'm sure some y'all know if y'all have some lagging body parts!
Train chest hard and eat! You grow in the kitchen.

This may be bro science (haven't seen any studies. Not saying they aren't out there, I just haven't seen them) but when I'm focusing on pure size, I do a TON of incline work. Works for me.

Fit4LifeMike

Fit4LifeMike

Awards
Train chest hard and eat! You grow in the kitchen.

This may be bro science (haven't seen any studies. Not saying they aren't out there, I just haven't seen them) but when I'm focusing on pure size, I do a TON of incline work. Works for me.
Haha that's the thing. I literally DESTROY my chest.
Like I'll sometimes hit it 2 times a week if I could.
And it doesn't grow like my other muscles lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haha that's the thing. I literally DESTROY my chest.
Like I'll sometimes hit it 2 times a week if I could.
And it doesn't grow like my other muscles lol
For some people it's just genetics. My cousin is competes and his arms, shoulders, back and thighs are huge but chest and calves are lacking big time. He trains them all the same.