BennyMagoo's Training Log

Page 15 of 21 First ... 1314151617 ... Last

1. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Did a little random sesh yesterday after forgetting to pack my gym bag:
    Wide grip pulluos 5x5
    Parallel grip pullups 5x8
    Chinups 5x8
    Lol, and I thought I did a short session today cause of being in a rubbish hotel gym (heaviest db’s were 26kg and the only cable stack went to 50kgs).

Still - something is always normally gonna be better than nothing mate

2. In seriously thinking about doing this: https://www.doitinadress.com/toolkit
    •   

3. Also, 39 yo today, progress pic:
    Name:  IMG_20180904_061722_724.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  38.8 KB

4. Happy birthday, brother! Looking strong as an ox!
    Life is fair it's your expectations that aren't.

5. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    Happy birthday, brother! Looking strong as an ox!
    Thanks HGP!!!
    •   

6. Wed 5th September bench power
    Worked up to 120kgx3, 125kg 2x3, 130kgx3, 125kgx3. Slight bottom pause, & heaps of control with this weight. Progress! Going to taper in a couple months and attempt 150kg for a PR.

7. Thurs 6th september:
    Feeling pretty rough after just 4hrs sleep. Decided to spend lotz of time stretching before hitting some BW parallel grip pullups for 5x8.
    Tried the Athkean X pullup variation after this, got a massive rear delt pump. I managed '50' for 5x8 each side.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Thurs 6th september:
    Feeling pretty rough after just 4hrs sleep. Decided to spend lotz of time stretching before hitting some BW parallel grip pullups for 5x8.
    Tried the Athkean X pullup variation after this, got a massive rear delt pump. I managed '50' for 5x8 each side.
    You meant Pull down, right? Hits a bit my rear delt too -but should not. Fiddle a bit with the angle you lean the upper body out, my guess is, you lean out too far. Also, I go to 90 degrees with the "non rocking arm", then pull the other arm down. Should only target lats. I mean, you could willingly targeting rear delts, that is also an option! Pump is always good , no matter where, hehehe!

9. Quote Originally Posted by hairygrandpa View Post
    You meant Pull down, right? Hits a bit my rear delt too -but should not. Fiddle a bit with the angle you lean the upper body out, my guess is, you lean out too far. Also, I go to 90 degrees with the "non rocking arm", then pull the other arm down. Should only target lats. I mean, you could willingly targeting rear delts, that is also an option! Pump is always good , no matter where, hehehe!
    Yeah the pulldown. I feel it mostly in the rhomboid and middle trap, but my shoulder looks huge for about 15sec afterwards.

I will have to video myself to check the form. I am no natural athlete - i am very uncoordinated. Often what i imagine myself doing looks nothing like the reality!

10. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Yeah the pulldown. I feel it mostly in the rhomboid and middle trap, but my shoulder looks huge for about 15sec afterwards.

I will have to video myself to check the form. I am no natural athlete - i am very uncoordinated. Often what i imagine myself doing looks nothing like the reality!
    Me too! Needs a bit of fiddling around. Its really hard to target only lats, took me a few attempts and watching at least 3 times the athlean-x video.
    I swear, the moment you got one set right, you WILL notice!

11. Saturday 8th September
    Ate a footlong sub & 4 cookies then tried to deadlift. It sucked. Worked up to:
    200kgx3
    200kgx5
    200kgx3...and then the farting started...
    200kgx3 here I am, surrounded by beautiful women, wondering if I have shat myself. How surreal.
    200kgx3

12. Hehehe!

13. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Saturday 8th September
    Ate a footlong sub & 4 cookies then tried to deadlift. It sucked. Worked up to:
    200kgx3
    200kgx5
    200kgx3...and then the farting started...
    200kgx3 here I am, surrounded by beautiful women, wondering if I have shat myself. How surreal.
    200kgx3
    Well atleast if you [email protected] yourself and kept going they would have known you where dedicated. I know @stacy1212 would have been all over it.
    I mean if you really hate your balls, go for it. But, what did they do to you?

14. Quote Originally Posted by DemntedCowboy View Post
    Well atleast if you [email protected] yourself and kept going they would have known you where dedicated. I know @stacy1212 would have been all over it.
    Thankfully, it turns out I hadn't shat myself. My saturday workout buddy turned up and we did a push volume session:
    Incline bench 80kg for 2x5 & 1x8
    32.5kg db press 60kg bb benchpress supersets for 10,8; 9,7; 10,8; 9,8
    Rope cable tri dropsets,
    Bar cablr tri dropsets,
    Bench dips 3x25

15. Monday 10th Sep

Took forever to warm up today. R shoulder is feeling jacked after saturday's sesh. Also, i took some more adex on saturday after noticing slow return of my libido after the last dose. Since this also correlates with the taper of my clom protocol thought I'd test it post PCT for curiosity. Again, feel like the tinman today - I swear I can feel every fibre of scar tissue - but its worth it, had an awesome 'session' with my wife yesterday!
    Back & bis today:
    Wide grip BW pullups 5x6
    Chinups 5x6
    Preacher dropsets 45kg,25kg 20kg for 8,8,10; 8,8,10; 9,8,10; 8,8,9; 8,8,8. Epic pump today.
    Seated db curls 15kg 5x8
    Athlean lat pulldown variation using 40kg & focising on lat activation, 3x12-14 each side:
    https://youtu.be/Jtjc9S8buy4

16. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Monday 10th Sep

Took forever to warm up today. R shoulder is feeling jacked after saturday's sesh. Also, i took some more adex on saturday after noticing slow return of my libido after the last dose. Since this also correlates with the taper of my clom protocol thought I'd test it post PCT for curiosity. Again, feel like the tinman today - I swear I can feel every fibre of scar tissue - but its worth it, had an awesome 'session' with my wife yesterday!
    Back & bis today:
    Wide grip BW pullups 5x6
    Chinups 5x6
    Preacher dropsets 45kg,25kg 20kg for 8,8,10; 8,8,10; 9,8,10; 8,8,9; 8,8,8. Epic pump today.
    Seated db curls 15kg 5x8
    Athlean lat pulldown variation using 40kg & focising on lat activation, 3x12-14 each side:
    https://youtu.be/Jtjc9S8buy4
    I’ve also had a little go with those twisted lat pull downs after HG posted it. Lovely variation

17. Tues 11th Sep skwaats
    Feel like my spine is made from glass. Worked up to:
    150kgx5, 160kg 4x5 - something clicked and i found a really nice groove here. I think my body is stronger than my mind right now.
    Leg ext 75 for 3x20
    Leg curl 70 3x10
    Seated calf raise 40kg 3x12

18. Thurs 13th Sep bench power
    Weak today, failed 130kgx3, bailing after serious misgroove on the s3cond rep. Numbers:
    120kgx3, 130kgx2, 125kg 3x3
    Cant be arsed logging the rest.

19. 107kg today pre workout. Bit of a shock considering I have pretty much been skipping breakfast every day and averaging 18ksteps whilst doing a LOT of concreting at work. Felt lean and seriously thought i might be under 100kg.

The only thing I have been running besides mk and couple random doses of adex is iconogenin. Laxo gains? Or am i getting fat? So ****ing hard to tell - wish I had my calipers.Name:  IMG_20180914_044826_606.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  37.7 KBName:  20180914_042551.jpeg
Size:  44.1 KBName:  20180914_042443.jpeg
Size:  41.4 KB

20. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    107kg today pre workout. Bit of a shock considering I have pretty much been skipping breakfast every day and averaging 18ksteps whilst doing a LOT of concreting at work. Felt lean and seriously thought i might be under 100kg.

The only thing I have been running besides mk and couple random doses of adex is iconogenin. Laxo gains? Or am i getting fat? So ****ing hard to tell - wish I had my calipers.Name:  IMG_20180914_044826_606.jpeg
Size:  37.7 KBName:  20180914_042551.jpeg
Size:  44.1 KBName:  20180914_042443.jpeg
Size:  41.4 KB
    Have you been running mk consistently or just started it again??

21. Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Have you been running mk consistently or just started it again??
    Nah running consistently. But i just realised i had break from creatine and just started that again at 20g/day last week. Also, my butt is ****ing huge, im thinking i really put on some mass there lately (explains the suprise squat strength)

22. Quote Originally Posted by BennyMagoo79 View Post
    Nah running consistently. But i just realised i had break from creatine and just started that again at 20g/day last week. Also, my butt is ****ing huge, im thinking i really put on some mass there lately (explains the suprise squat strength)
    Water rentention at our weight can have a huge impact. I’ve gained exactly 10kgs since starting my cycle 2.5 weeks ago, I’m not even eating at my pre cut maintainence yet lol. It’s defo not muscle and defo not fat so has to be water, would guess you are holding a lot too - how’s your bp?

23. Not sure about bp, no noticeable sides but bp is typically quite low anyway.

I think its from creatine + laxo pumps + sushi 2 days in a row + reduced caffeine intake.

Seriously tho, **** it im going to bulk now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky View Post
    Water rentention at our weight can have a huge impact. Iíve gained exactly 10kgs since starting my cycle 2.5 weeks ago, Iím not even eating at my pre cut maintainence yet lol. Itís defo not muscle and defo not fat so has to be water, would guess you are holding a lot too - howís your bp?

24. Saturday 15th September
    Started with some early morning pulls after over 1hr spent warming up. Feeling like rubbish at the moment, and my hips dont want any deadlift volume so i hit some beltless triples with 180kg then singles up to 260kg. Tried pulling 260 twice but no cigar. Probably could have pulled 270kg today, just need to adjust my workup protocol.

25. Jumped on the gym scales again this morning before doing a little cardio, BW still at 107kg. I was really feeling quite stressed about this, so I found my calipers and checked SC bodyfat using a couple of methods, and my highest reading is 17%. I'm really stoked with that since using the same method last time had me at 22% at around the same bodyweight. I am pretty sure I have recently increased my muscle mass and it is due simply to lifting heavier thanks to gains from my recent little 3week trest, s23 & Yk cycle. Also, I am beginning to think perhaps my AI administrations are helping to recover my natural test levels, even though I have been unable to dose it as prescribed by my endo (0.5mg EOD), and that the iconogenin is having a tangible effect upon maintaining gains post pct. I am going to get bloodwork next week, the results of which should be interesting!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Beelze training log
    By Beelzebub in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 2315
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 09:45 PM
  2. KELSEYs training log-strength hypertrophy split
    By kelsey in forum Powerlifting/Strongman
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2006, 01:35 AM
  3. Dunimous Training Log
    By dunimous in forum Training Forum