Bench help

emunoz5263

emunoz5263

Awards
I'm benching 385 2 to 3 reps but I can't seem to get out of that weight even if a add 5 pounds I can't do a full complete rep any suggestions what could be done to improve ?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Where are you getting stuck? Off the chest, lockout?

emunoz5263

emunoz5263

Awards
Yes I am not able to complete a full rep with out bouncing on chest ...and I dislike bouncing it off

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pause reps and floor press man

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A couple things IMO. First off, sounds like it could be somewhat psychological as you get closer to #400.
Have you tried micro-loading? Very small increments like #1/2-#1 pound. Doesn't sound like much, but it can add up over a month.
Pin presses at various heights off chest?
Adding accommodation, say light chains, to increase load moving to lockout?
Dropping some weight and doing some higher rep work/volume for a few weeks then slowly over time working the loads back up?
(Depending on how long you have been chasing heavy weight, (one's CNS gets tapped out) maybe you just need a little break with some lighter work to get some momentum going again!?)

emunoz5263

emunoz5263

Awards
I actually tried doing 25 reps with 45 and been adding 5 pounds every time I do a chest workout and working my way up hopefully that would help

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually tried doing 25 reps with 45 and been adding 5 pounds every time I do a chest workout and working my way up hopefully that would help
How old are you?
How tall are you?
BW?
How long have you been working the BP?

emunoz5263

emunoz5263

Awards
I'm 25
6'0
190 lbs
I have maybe 1 year actually trying to lift heavy

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 25
6'0
190 lbs
I have maybe 1 year actually trying to lift heavy
Okay, well that is quite young and not a real long time on the lift. You have a good bit of room to increase, so I would not sweat it.
Your body slowly grows and adapts, over time. Sometimes faster than we expect, (especially at first) but many times slower. Just be patient and it will come.

emunoz5263

emunoz5263

Awards
I have been hitting gym since I was 20 mostly cutting just a year ago I started the lifting heavy process

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Have you tried doing any overload work? Reverse Bands, Board Presses, Slingshot, RAM?

BCC912

BCC912

Awards
A couple things IMO. First off, sounds like it could be somewhat psychological as you get closer to #400.
^^This.
I'm currently at a similar boat with you OP.. took forever to go from 365 to 385's because of psychological factors.
Try switching it up by adding chains!