21's

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
I just did these for biceps. Seemed to be good. I need to build the bigger peak on my Biceps.

What do you guys think are some other good exercises?

I tried all three of these:

3 Unique Exercises For Big Biceps - Mind And Muscle

Decent but I have some issues with my tendons so the hammers sort of hurt.

Also, how many days a week do you think you can train biceps? One day a week just isn't cutting it for me.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
21's are good for a crazy pump, I like overhead cable curls for trying to create a "peak" use it as a high rep finisher for the day... And 1 dedicated day to arms is plenty but if you want you can add 3-5 sets of bicep work every day, I do 3 sets of 25 hammer curls every day as a part of my warm up, just keep the weights light and focus on the contraction

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I may do that and I do have a 25lb dumbell I use for concentration curls each night. I literally feel that they are hard to fatigue. I am going to try over training them and see what that gives me. Any other exercises you find interesting?

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
I must say that 21s have always been great for me to either start or finish an arm workout. Really gives me a great pump and a ton of blood into the muscle. Great for a pre exhaust or to burn it out at the end.

Defyantly

Defyantly

Awards
20-25-25-30's try to start light increase weight and do all of them unbroken on cable curls. It burns so much! I also tend to get a good pump from standing double bicep curls. Not sure of the name but it's where you use the cables like you were going to do a flye but instead do a front do a bicep curl to the shoulder. I do like 15 and hold on the last one for 10 seconds

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
^that's the kind of curl I was talking about... No idea of the actual name for them though

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah I may do that and I do have a 25lb dumbell I use for concentration curls each night. I literally feel that they are hard to fatigue.
To potentially state the obvious: be self-critical and double check your form. I have to consciously tense my lats and feel my upper arms snug into my side, and be sure my shoulders remain down and back, to get proper bicep stimulation and minimal accessory involvement. When I do this, I can go from crap pumps to full on pumps.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Spider Curls provide a skin splitting pump. Cross body curls with a drop set tempo of about 4-5 drop sets tears it up as well. Pullups...im so not joking. They have packed mass on my arms long before and after I have ever thought about an Arm day routine.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love 21's as a finisher, too. I think arms can benefit from 2-3 sessions per week for a reasonable length training cycle. I would make one day a solid arm session bi's/tri's/forearms, 2nd session a triceps focus paired with another group, 3rd sesh light weight super high volume pump workout prior to a rest day. Occlusion training is also interesting but I have yet to try it more than a couple times.

For heavy arm day, I like to to one mega drop set for bi's and that's it. I start low at the warmup dbells and do sets of 12-15 with 60-90 seconds rest and strict form all the way up the rack as far as I can. On the final set when I can't reach twelve reps, I take a quick 30 sec. breather then proceed to go all the way back down the rack till failure on every single dbell. Only 10 sec. pauses if any between dropping weight. By the end your arms are ready to fall off and 20 lbs feels like 100. The entire process takes a solid 15 minutes or more and is all the bicep work needed unless you want some lightweight finishers. I only ever did this about every 2 weeks as it is very taxing to the muscle and the joint.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
10x10s are great. Especially on preacher curl. Or close grip pull ups

Defyantly

Defyantly

Awards
I think 21's are a great finisher, too. I think arms can benefit from 2-3 sessions per week for a reasonable Length training cycle. I would make one day a solid arm session bi's/tri's/forearms, 2 session a triceps focus paired with another group, 3rd sesh light weight super high volume pump workout prior to a rest day. Occlusion training is also interesting but I have yet to try it more than a couple times.

For heavy arm day, I like to to one mega drop set for bi's and that's it. I start low at the warmup dbells and do sets of 12-15 with 60-90 seconds rest and strict form all the way up the rack as far as I can. On the final set when I can't reach twelve reps, I take a quick 30 sec. breather then proceed to go all the way back down the rack till failure on every single dbell. Only 10 sec. pauses if any between dropping weight. By the end your arms are ready to fall off and 20 lbs feels like 100. The entire process takes a solid 15 minutes or more and is all the bicep work needed unless you want some lightweight finishers. I only ever did this about every 2 weeks as it is very taxing to the muscle and the joint.
Must be nice to have a dbell rack that is organized.....

EricMM

Awards
  • Established
All good info. On 10 x10 us there a rest period?

Don't know Spider Curls have to Google that one

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
All good info. On 10 x10 us there a rest period?

Don't know Spider Curls have to Google that one
Yes, there is. I encourage you to look into GVT (German Volume Training). This is a training technique that is well respected by many, including people on this forum. You use the same weight for all 10 sets. Rest periods are usually 60-90 seconds.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cycle Logs 16
bigschmidt821 Supplement Logs 558