Video workout for my girlfriend

Devonkev

Awards
Hey everyone, my girlfriend is keen to get in shape now she is starting to see my progress. She runs a bit and does yoga a bit too. She has done a few of the "body fit by Amy" workouts on YouTube but they seem a little bit lame. I have tried getting her into the garage where my gym is to do proper weights but she looses interest. She likes the YouTube style workout so I was just wondering if there are any recommendations other than body fit by Amy?

Thanks

JCR97

JCR97

Awards
Hey everyone, my girlfriend is keen to get in shape now she is starting to see my progress. She runs a bit and does yoga a bit too. She has done a few of the "body fit by Amy" workouts on YouTube but they seem a little bit lame. I have tried getting her into the garage where my gym is to do proper weights but she looses interest. She likes the YouTube style workout so I was just wondering if there are any recommendations other than body fit by Amy?

Thanks
Hey I had the same problem with my girlfriend it took me to do a video with her and to say if I do a video you do a workout with me and it worked out I also got some decent HIIT cardio she was doing the Beachbody videos. Then she understood that the going to the gym doing weights and then doing cardio is better than videos.

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Fitness Blender!
They have a great YouTube channel with a ton of stuff. They also have a subscription that gives full access to more.

My GF watches a bunch of their YouTube videos and some of the workouts are pretty good.

I liked the 100 rep squat workout, and the 100 rep lunge workout. We have done them a few times so now hold a kettle bell to up the intensity!

Devonkev

Awards
Hey I had the same problem with my girlfriend it took me to do a video with her and to say if I do a video you do a workout with me and it worked out I also got some decent HIIT cardio she was doing the Beachbody videos. Then she understood that the going to the gym doing weights and then doing cardio is better than videos.
I did think that might work, I just don't know if I can bring myself do any of the videos she's up for. I'd rather lift heavy!

Devonkev

Awards
Fitness Blender!
They have a great YouTube channel with a ton of stuff. They also have a subscription that gives full access to more.

My GF watches a bunch of their YouTube videos and some of the workouts are pretty good.

I liked the 100 rep squat workout, and the 100 rep lunge workout. We have done them a few times so now hold a kettle bell to up the intensity!
Amazing, thanks for this. This is perfect for her. She's just found a five day challenge that she's up for trying! Looks pretty good!

sinewave3

sinewave3

Awards
  • Established
Amazing, thanks for this. This is perfect for her. She's just found a five day challenge that she's up for trying! Looks pretty good!
Awesome, glad to help!

They have some good stretches on their channel too. My buddy and his wife pay the subscription fee and said it's totally worth it, but I do not think they saw how much is on YouTube...

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
Why does she lose interest? Does she not like pushing heavy weights or is she intimidated by them?

Most of my girlfriends and myself included (in the beginning) don't like weights because they are intimidated or have fed into the common misconception that heavy lifts will make them manly.

Try casually showing her some instagram bikini fitness ifbb / mov women. They look amazing and all lift decent weights. Yoga and body weight exercises can only do so much.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe she will like a kick boxing class along with 2 days or so of weight training with you. Something that's interactive that she can do with co workers and/or friends. Great full body workout and cardio along with the additional weight sessions with you. Combine that with a proper diet and I think she would see nice results.