Anyone used a Whoop Strap 2.0??

Irons_Mule

Irons_Mule

Awards
I keep seeing this thing pop up on my various feeds and through the end of the month their offering $125 off for athletes.

Www.whoop.com

Thing's typically $500, so $375 puts it in a more realistic realm.

Tracks HR, HRV, and has some pretty advanced software that calculates strain vs recovery to keep you operating in an optimal zone and prevents over / under training. Also tracks and computes sleep.

Anybody have any first or second hand experience with this??

Or better yet, know anybody that wants to get rid of theirs??

THANKS!

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sounds like a gimmick majoring in the minors to me.

Irons_Mule

Irons_Mule

Awards
Sounds like a gimmick majoring in the minors to me.
24/7 Fitness metrics / analytics is taking over the sports performance industry and is the future of effective athletic training.

I appreciate your input, but I'm not sure whether your cynicism is calling in to question the science behind strain vs rest in regards to injury prevention and determining under, over, and optimal-training, or this particular wrist strap's ability to do it.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
24/7 Fitness metrics / analytics is taking over the sports performance industry and is the future of effective athletic training.
Sure. Whether that is a reflection of the actual practical worth of a product like this or, more a reflection of the human tendency to be infatuated with tedious minutiae, I think debatable.

I appreciate your input, but I'm not sure whether your cynicism is calling in to question the science behind strain vs rest in regards to injury prevention and determining under, over, and optimal-training, or this particular wrist strap's ability to do it.
Im doubting that this product will make any significant contribution to a non-competitors fitness goals.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
The name sounds like a sexy fun time device.