debilitating soreness after training calves

buttersstoch

buttersstoch

Awards
For about two months now after training calves the next two days they will get so tight I can barely walk. No matter how much i stretch before and after it still happens, its driving me crazy. I dont think im doing too much volume, normally i just do 3x20 seated and then standing raises. Just wondering if there is any one who has experienced this and found a way to fix it.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Are you new to training them?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did you just add in stretches? Calves are pretty damn resilient and tough so it takes a lot to work them, especially to a point of soreness like that.

buttersstoch

buttersstoch

Awards
I started stretching when I realized I couldn't walk if I didnt. I haven't consistently trained my calves ever until now so I'm hoping that they will adapt

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well that's why. You haven't been training them.

UnicornDrpns

UnicornDrpns

Awards
calve soreness always feels so weird. my least favorite muscle to feel soreness in! you are probably just doing too much volume as u mentioned.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
For about two months now after training calves the next two days they will get so tight I can barely walk. No matter how much i stretch before and after it still happens, its driving me crazy. I dont think im doing too much volume, normally i just do 3x20 seated and then standing raises. Just wondering if there is any one who has experienced this and found a way to fix it.
Yeah had the same experience a few years back. It's severe doms. Once the soreness subsides train them more frequently. Twice a week should keep the doms in check