Adrenal fatigue!? Myth or fact!? Please help!!

  1. Adrenal fatigue!? Myth or fact!? Please help!!


    So I've been doing my research lately on the topic of adrenal fatigue. Don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac or I'm really relating to all the symptoms?
    -currently 24 years old and have been working out for roughly 2 1/2 years straight (maybe 2-3 weeks off total).
    -I was deployed in July 2015 and basically trained for 274 days straight. I was taking the normal supplements (bcaa, whey, creatine) however I fell in love with old jack pre which contained 1,3 dmaa. It also has a weird dehydrated type of caffeine that I can't recall the name of. Anyways long story short. Overseas I started feeling super stressed and wasn't sleeping due to our crazy work scheadule. My anxiety was through the roof and I started feeling like s****. When I returned to the states I continued use and became even more overwhelmed by the symptoms. So 6 weeks ago I discontinued use of the 1,3 pre and switched to gold standard pre. As harmless I thought it would be I still don't feel great. Little to no sex drive, sleeping too much (or very little). Just a crappy outlook on life and very poor concentration.

    If anyone could help out I'd greatly appreciate it. Could it be over training or have I screwed my adrenals up!? I'm just not the same as before I started lifting intensely. Thanks!


  2. Quote Originally Posted by gainzsta415 View Post
    So I've been doing my research lately on the topic of adrenal fatigue. Don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac or I'm really relating to all the symptoms?
    -currently 24 years old and have been working out for roughly 2 1/2 years straight (maybe 2-3 weeks off total).
    -I was deployed in July 2015 and basically trained for 274 days straight. I was taking the normal supplements (bcaa, whey, creatine) however I fell in love with old jack pre which contained 1,3 dmaa. It also has a weird dehydrated type of caffeine that I can't recall the name of. Anyways long story short. Overseas I started feeling super stressed and wasn't sleeping due to our crazy work scheadule. My anxiety was through the roof and I started feeling like s****. When I returned to the states I continued use and became even more overwhelmed by the symptoms. So 6 weeks ago I discontinued use of the 1,3 pre and switched to gold standard pre. As harmless I thought it would be I still don't feel great. Little to no sex drive, sleeping too much (or very little). Just a crappy outlook on life and very poor concentration.

    If anyone could help out I'd greatly appreciate it. Could it be over training or have I screwed my adrenals up!? I'm just not the same as before I started lifting intensely. Thanks!
    Take a break from all stimulants. If you can find a source for 11KT still for sale, I've heard it helps. If not, maybe some adaptogens and 7-Keto, coupled with a stim break
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by gainzsta415 View Post
    So I've been doing my research lately on the topic of adrenal fatigue. Don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac or I'm really relating to all the symptoms?
    -currently 24 years old and have been working out for roughly 2 1/2 years straight (maybe 2-3 weeks off total).
    -I was deployed in July 2015 and basically trained for 274 days straight. I was taking the normal supplements (bcaa, whey, creatine) however I fell in love with old jack pre which contained 1,3 dmaa. It also has a weird dehydrated type of caffeine that I can't recall the name of. Anyways long story short. Overseas I started feeling super stressed and wasn't sleeping due to our crazy work scheadule. My anxiety was through the roof and I started feeling like s****. When I returned to the states I continued use and became even more overwhelmed by the symptoms. So 6 weeks ago I discontinued use of the 1,3 pre and switched to gold standard pre. As harmless I thought it would be I still don't feel great. Little to no sex drive, sleeping too much (or very little). Just a crappy outlook on life and very poor concentration.

    If anyone could help out I'd greatly appreciate it. Could it be over training or have I screwed my adrenals up!? I'm just not the same as before I started lifting intensely. Thanks!
    Don't know about adrenal fatigue but your cortisol might be really high.
    What @jathan_howe said seems correct.

    Of adaptogens I think ashwa is best.
    If you are like me and don't have energy without stimz then you might try rhodiola, ginko, ginseng.

  4. Have you had a break at all inbetween? Are you an overactive individual. It could be over training. You've described very typical symptoms. Stimulants can push you further into an OT state especially if you have a never say die attitude. Lifestyle changes are most effective way to bounce back. Take a week or two off training altogether and when you come back dial down the intensity for a while until you're feeling great. Recovery time varies but can take a long time if it is OT. It's taken me a couple months to bounce back in some instances despite doing everything possible to minimize stress. Never got anything out of ashwa personally.

  5. I have the same symptoms as OP and tbh I don't understand a lot of what is being said in this thread. I mean I don't take adaptogens or complex supplements. I am in a state of constant fatigue and stress. My job is pretty stressful.

    I eat very healthy... Greek yogurt w ground flax seed and blueberries every day (alternating toppings between pecans, walnuts, and almonds for micronutrient variety)
    Chicken and brown rice
    Sweet potatoes
    Oatmeal w small amount of brown sugar
    Fresh salmon daily
    Broccoli
    Kale

    I also take the following supplements every morning
    1 Tbsp Flax oil
    1 tsp Cod liver oil
    Probiotic pill
    Krill oil pill
    B complex
    Alpha Lipoic sustain release
    N-A-C
    Gutathione

    I go to sleep at 9pm anD still find it to wake up in the morning at 5:30am. I feel like I don't get good quality rest and I find it hard to wind down. I am laying for awhile before falling asleep.

    When I wake up and get moving I feel best in tHe morning, I have a moderate amount of energy.. By 2pm I am exhausted and have mental fogginess.

    Can anybody please help me feel better and healthier ):
    •   
       


  6. I would try a handful of things for either of you. if you need to lower stress levels I'd cut back training. maybe take a week off but least add rest days in between.

    Try Vitamin D, HTP5 during the winter to help you sleep and feel better. ZMA a half hour before bed.

    taking a month off from stims will probably make you feel like a million bucks once you get that monkey off your back and realize you can perform without it.

    Horny goat weed might help with the sex drive.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by jathan_howe View Post
    Take a break from all stimulants. If you can find a source for 11KT still for sale, I've heard it helps. If not, maybe some adaptogens and 7-Keto, coupled with a stim break
    Dealt w tested and proven adrenal fatigue. This is what worked for me...

    Exactly, 11k test by nutraceutical Innovations (no affiliation) is better than super 11 imo. And should help if it is adrenal. Also, benadryl at night, ketotifen eyedrops before bed (Bausch &lomb is best price/strength)- antihistamines get al out of whack.
    *Also, try some acetyl l-carnitine to use for energy! Crosses blood brain barrier and feels like a stimulant but is just an amino.*
    *** ADAPTOGENS!*** These will help your body cope with the workload as well as restore balance. I got the most from maral (barlowes herbal elixirs is what I like, great quality, no fillers or sterates).
    I also use ashwagandha (adaptogen as well) from Olympus labs which is currently buy one get one from phw supplements for $25 and that is a 240 count bottle on BOGO (480 caps! @ 625mg 1.5% withanolides). Very hard deal to beat. You could turn around and sell it on eBay if you don't like it. Or a bunkmate.

    Hope this helps brother. Best of luck.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by riffdex View Post
    I have the same symptoms as OP and tbh I don't understand a lot of what is being said in this thread. I mean I don't take adaptogens or complex supplements. I am in a state of constant fatigue and stress. My job is pretty stressful.

    I eat very healthy... Greek yogurt w ground flax seed and blueberries every day (alternating toppings between pecans, walnuts, and almonds for micronutrient variety)
    Chicken and brown rice
    Sweet potatoes
    Oatmeal w small amount of brown sugar
    Fresh salmon daily
    Broccoli
    Kale

    I also take the following supplements every morning
    1 Tbsp Flax oil
    1 tsp Cod liver oil
    Probiotic pill
    Krill oil pill
    B complex
    Alpha Lipoic sustain release
    N-A-C
    Gutathione

    I go to sleep at 9pm anD still find it to wake up in the morning at 5:30am. I feel like I don't get good quality rest and I find it hard to wind down. I am laying for awhile before falling asleep.

    When I wake up and get moving I feel best in tHe morning, I have a moderate amount of energy.. By 2pm I am exhausted and have mental fogginess.

    Can anybody please help me feel better and healthier ):
    NAC And glutathione is kind of a waste of money. NAC converts to glutathione. So I'd pick one and up the dosage. I've been having good success w "Vitamins just because" brand on ebay and they're cheap! Never get sick, even around other sick ppl and I have a compromised immune system.

    Also, def add in 6kiu of d3 per day. Maybe 10kiu for a while. Your body will tell you.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Dustin07 View Post
    I would try a handful of things for either of you. if you need to lower stress levels I'd cut back training. maybe take a week off but least add rest days in between.

    Try Vitamin D, HTP5 during the winter to help you sleep and feel better. ZMA a half hour before bed.

    taking a month off from stims will probably make you feel like a million bucks once you get that monkey off your back and realize you can perform without it.

    Horny goat weed might help with the sex drive.
    Yes, 5htp will increase dopamine therefore combating the other elevated neuro chemicals that are causing you harm. All about balancing things out. If certain things are high, sometimes you gotta crank up others.
    Also, l-dopa extract (I use 99%) an hour before bed will increase hgh and dopamine as well as help you sleep.
    Also, while kratom is still legal, I'd recommend our service member get a cpl ounces of Bali and gulp that down 30 before bed. Anti anxiety and reduces pain.

    And both of you should def take a full 1-2wks off from training, and like he said, when you return, return easy and give you self more time to recover. Increase glutamine intake as well. Glutamine levels in brain and other tissue goes down under tomes of stress (physical and mental -they act they he same on the body).
    Also, **make sure water intake is a gallon a day! Period! HUA?!

    Hope this also helps. Best of luck.

  10. If the problem is sleep then ashwagandha shoulder be best. Either Ksm666 or Sensoril. It's a great adaptive to use when stressed and also a little relaxing (sensoril is more relaxing, might make you sleepy. KSM-666 too but in high doses).

  11. Quote Originally Posted by chemjr View Post
    Dealt w tested and proven adrenal fatigue. This is what worked for me...

    Exactly, 11k test by nutraceutical Innovations (no affiliation) is better than super 11 imo. And should help if it is adrenal. Also, benadryl at night, ketotifen eyedrops before bed (Bausch &lomb is best price/strength)- antihistamines get al out of whack.
    *Also, try some acetyl l-carnitine to use for energy! Crosses blood brain barrier and feels like a stimulant but is just an amino.*
    *** ADAPTOGENS!*** These will help your body cope with the workload as well as restore balance. I got the most from maral (barlowes herbal elixirs is what I like, great quality, no fillers or sterates).
    I also use ashwagandha (adaptogen as well) from Olympus labs which is currently buy one get one from phw supplements for $25 and that is a 240 count bottle on BOGO (480 caps! @ 625mg 1.5% withanolides). Very hard deal to beat. You could turn around and sell it on eBay if you don't like it. Or a bunkmate.

    Hope this helps brother. Best of luck.
    Wait are you saying adrenal fatigue is related to allergies? I have bad allergies and my eyes are constantly itchy and it seems like I wake up in AM almost every day with sinus inflammation and stuffy nose. FYI I take motelukast at night but doesn't seem to be helping but no allergy medicines every helped it seems. I believe I have tried Benedryl before as well. FYI I am taking allergy shots once a week but it will take years before it fully in effect.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by riffdex View Post
    Wait are you saying adrenal fatigue is related to allergies? I have bad allergies and my eyes are constantly itchy and it seems like I wake up in AM almost every day with sinus inflammation and stuffy nose. FYI I take motelukast at night but doesn't seem to be helping but no allergy medicines every helped it seems. I believe I have tried Benedryl before as well. FYI I am taking allergy shots once a week but it will take years before it fully in effect.
    Allergies can certainly stress your system out, to what degree I don't know. But no, I was recommending the use of benadryl to get some deep ass sleep and cleanse his receptors from the stims. More for the sleep than anything. Now you got interested. If I have time I'll take a look.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. anavar lab real or fake please help
    By l3lairf0urn3y in forum Cycle Logs
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
  2. Myth or Fact lets start our own!
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 10:20 PM
  3. Gyno, or fat? Please help
    By dbt3023 in forum Pics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
  4. Myth or Fact?
    By partyman43 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 08:32 PM
  5. Protein- Myth Or Fact?
    By MattRoeske in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Log in
Log in