Adrenal fatigue!? Myth or fact!? Please help!!

1. Adrenal fatigue!? Myth or fact!? Please help!!

So I've been doing my research lately on the topic of adrenal fatigue. Don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac or I'm really relating to all the symptoms?
    -currently 24 years old and have been working out for roughly 2 1/2 years straight (maybe 2-3 weeks off total).
    -I was deployed in July 2015 and basically trained for 274 days straight. I was taking the normal supplements (bcaa, whey, creatine) however I fell in love with old jack pre which contained 1,3 dmaa. It also has a weird dehydrated type of caffeine that I can't recall the name of. Anyways long story short. Overseas I started feeling super stressed and wasn't sleeping due to our crazy work scheadule. My anxiety was through the roof and I started feeling like s****. When I returned to the states I continued use and became even more overwhelmed by the symptoms. So 6 weeks ago I discontinued use of the 1,3 pre and switched to gold standard pre. As harmless I thought it would be I still don't feel great. Little to no sex drive, sleeping too much (or very little). Just a crappy outlook on life and very poor concentration.

If anyone could help out I'd greatly appreciate it. Could it be over training or have I screwed my adrenals up!? I'm just not the same as before I started lifting intensely. Thanks!

2. Quote Originally Posted by gainzsta415 View Post
    So I've been doing my research lately on the topic of adrenal fatigue. Don't know if I'm being a hypochondriac or I'm really relating to all the symptoms?
    -currently 24 years old and have been working out for roughly 2 1/2 years straight (maybe 2-3 weeks off total).
    -I was deployed in July 2015 and basically trained for 274 days straight. I was taking the normal supplements (bcaa, whey, creatine) however I fell in love with old jack pre which contained 1,3 dmaa. It also has a weird dehydrated type of caffeine that I can't recall the name of. Anyways long story short. Overseas I started feeling super stressed and wasn't sleeping due to our crazy work scheadule. My anxiety was through the roof and I started feeling like s****. When I returned to the states I continued use and became even more overwhelmed by the symptoms. So 6 weeks ago I discontinued use of the 1,3 pre and switched to gold standard pre. As harmless I thought it would be I still don't feel great. Little to no sex drive, sleeping too much (or very little). Just a crappy outlook on life and very poor concentration.

If anyone could help out I'd greatly appreciate it. Could it be over training or have I screwed my adrenals up!? I'm just not the same as before I started lifting intensely. Thanks!
    Take a break from all stimulants. If you can find a source for 11KT still for sale, I've heard it helps. If not, maybe some adaptogens and 7-Keto, coupled with a stim break
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by gainzsta415 View Post

Don't know about adrenal fatigue but your cortisol might be really high.
    What @jathan_howe said seems correct.

Of adaptogens I think ashwa is best.
    If you are like me and don't have energy without stimz then you might try rhodiola, ginko, ginseng.

4. Have you had a break at all inbetween? Are you an overactive individual. It could be over training. You've described very typical symptoms. Stimulants can push you further into an OT state especially if you have a never say die attitude. Lifestyle changes are most effective way to bounce back. Take a week or two off training altogether and when you come back dial down the intensity for a while until you're feeling great. Recovery time varies but can take a long time if it is OT. It's taken me a couple months to bounce back in some instances despite doing everything possible to minimize stress. Never got anything out of ashwa personally.

Similar Forum Threads

1. anavar lab real or fake please help
    By l3lairf0urn3y in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
  2. Myth or Fact lets start our own!
    By brownstown89 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 10:20 PM
  3. Gyno, or fat? Please help
    By dbt3023 in forum Pics
    Replies: 12